Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Zverev in 5

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I do not want to turn this into Alcaraz/Sinner thread, but I will say this: I DO think Alcaraz will be more “popular” than Sinner due to various reasons. I won’t dispute Alcaraz’s very special talent and personality he brings on and off the court. If fans/media prefer him over Sinner, then be it. As long they will give credit to Sinner’s success once in a while.

However, to say Sinner won’t beat Alcaraz in a Slam final on any surface is farfetched to say as of right now. We just do not know how both careers will go in the future.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Honestly I don't see Sinner beating Alcaraz in a slam final, on any surface. Maybe he'll get to face someone else, and then his chances improve. I don't really know how good he is on grass.
Alcaraz just has so much more in his tool box that Sinner, and always will. I mean the hands, the touch, the overall variety, the ability to invent in the moment. Alcaraz wasn't even playing his best in the Sinner semi, or the AZ final, and they both went 5 sets, but the 5th set was never in doubt in either case.
I see Alcaraz in a league of his own--Big 3 league--though Sinner is certainly the 2nd best of the young ones.

And I have to add this: I think Alcaraz is the most exciting player to hit the courts since Rafa; he commands your attention in a way none of the others do, he has tennis star dust, and as such is going to do so much for the game at a time when the last of the Big are surely fading.
I think it's too early to say that. What RG told us is their rivalry is going strong and granted both stay healthy, we can look forward to many years of matches. Charlie is still a bit green at times. He goes on walkabout during these slam matches, especially where he's a little uncomfortable facing his opponent. He can't continue to donate entire games, let alone sets away w/ his UE count. Against the wrong opponent it will catch up to him eventually. All the legends and greats of the game lost their share of slam finals. Charlie will lose some too.

Reactions: Moxie and don_fabio

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Another thing too is that yes, Alcaraz will improve as he get more experience and plays more matches, but those improvements will take time and it will be incremental improvements. He won't go from winning 5-6 titles a year consistently to winning 8-10 titles consistently even with if he improves as a tennis player. Basically, it is great that tennis fans have great and very high expectations for Alcaraz, but let's not put ALL of these expectations on the great young player.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
The mens final Alcaraz v Zverev had 1.62 million viewers compared to last years mens final which had 1.04 million viewers

Reactions: Moxie