DATE: July 26 - August 4, 2024
SURFACE: Clay
FIELD SIZE: 64
DEFENDING CHAMPION: Sascha Zverev

1721843392003.png

24829a0e-8530-4b48-84fb-6b1f50e04354_20220605_RG_AL_4841_web.jpg

La_Tour_Eiffel_vue_de_la_Tour_Saint-Jacques,_Paris_août_2014_(2).jpg

About Paris:

Paris is the capital and most populous city of France, with an official estimated population of 2,102,650 residents as of 1 January 2023 in an area of more than 105 km² (41 sq mi), making it the fourth-most populated city in the European Union as well as the 30th most densely populated city in the world in 2022. Since the 17th century, Paris has been one of the world's major centres of finance, diplomacy, commerce, fashion, gastronomy, and science. For its leading role in the arts and sciences, as well as its early and extensive system of street lighting, in the 19th century, it became known as "the City of Light". Like London, prior to the Second World War, it was also sometimes called the capital of the world.

The City of Paris is the centre of the Île-de-France region, or Paris Region, with an official estimated population of 12,271,794 inhabitants on January 1, 2023, or about 19% of the population of France, making the region France's primate city. The Paris Region had a GDP of €739 billion ($743 billion) in 2019, the highest in Europe. According to the Economist Intelligence Unit Worldwide Cost of Living Survey, in 2022, Paris was the city with the ninth-highest cost of living in the world.

Tourism Guide:

Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Just an reminder Paris draw ceremony Olympic Tennis will take place in the Club des Loges at Stade Roland Garros Thursday 25th 11.00 CET ( officials did change the time)

Reactions: AnonymousFan

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Seeds Mens Doubles Event at Olympics

1. Sinner/Musetti (Italy)
2. Bolelli/ Vavassori (Italy)
3. Krawieta/Puetz (Germany(
4. Fritz/Paul (USA)
5. Ram/Krajicek (USA)
6. Salisbury/Skupski (GBR)
7. Molteni/Gonzalez (ARG)
8.Pavic/Metkic ( Croatia)

NOTE: The mens singles seeds will have to be updated as Rune has withdrawn due to a wrist injury, just waiting for the new update

lomaha

Pro Tour Player
Reactions
Seeds Mens Doubles Event at Olympics

1. Sinner/Musetti (Italy)
2. Bolelli/ Vavassori (Italy)
3. Krawieta/Puetz (Germany(
4. Fritz/Paul (USA)
5. Ram/Krajicek (USA)
6. Salisbury/Skupski (GBR)
7. Molteni/Gonzalez (ARG)
8.Pavic/Metkic ( Croatia)

NOTE: The mens singles seeds will have to be updated as Rune has withdrawn due to a wrist injury, just waiting for the new update
When did that happen? I can't see it anywhere. I think he will though, but haven't seen anything official about it?

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
When did that happen? I can't see it anywhere. I think he will though, but haven't seen anything official about it?
I thought you said he was withdrawing from the Olympics? when I re checked he was still in the seedings? I did ask a tennis journalist friend of mine that will be at RG for the Olympics about the re seeding I have as yet not heard from him
Okay the latest news I could find regarding Holger and his wrist ( source The Tennis Gazette)
He had exams on wrist not looking good to compete in Umag,
Apparently he engaged with a fan, when asked if he will play at the Olympics.
Holger replied "Dont know yet. Dosent look too good:.I understand he will be playing mixed doubles with Caroline Wozniacki in the Olympics,
Well the draw comes out on Thursday 25th July at Roland Garros at 11.00 CET lets see if he does withdraw? do you think he will be risking further damage to his wrist if he does decide to play the Olympics? or looking at the 'big picture' going forward for the rest of the season, would it be wiser for Holger to withdraw, he is young and does have the opportunity to play in the Olympics and for his country in another 4 years.

Last edited:

lomaha

Pro Tour Player
Reactions
I thought you said he was withdrawing from the Olympics? when I re checked he was still in the seedings? I did ask a tennis journalist friend of mine that will be at RG for the Olympics about the re seeding I have as yet not heard from him
Okay the latest news I could find regarding Holger and his wrist ( source The Tennis Gazette)
He had exams on wrist not looking good to compete in Umag,
Apparently he engaged with a fan, when asked if he will play at the Olympics.
Holger replied "Dont know yet. Dosent look too good:.I understand he will be playing mixed doubles with Caroline Wozniacki in the Olympics,
Well the draw comes out on Thursday 25th July at Roland Garros at 11.00 CET lets see if he does withdraw? do you think he will be risking further damage to his wrist if he does decide to play the Olympics? or looking at the 'big picture' going forward for the rest of the season, would it be wiser for Holger to withdraw, he is young and does have the opportunity to play in the Olympics and for his country in another 4 years.
No I wrote he was underging further examinations. He is back in Monaco at the moment to have a second opinion and working with the medical team that helped him with his back issues last year. But he hasn't withdrawn officially yet. But since he is told to keep it fixated and rested I have no idea how he should be ready in 3 days... He is so sad about it because he was so close to qualify 4 years ago and missed it, so he was really looking forward to going this time. And play mixed with Caroline....

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
No I wrote he was underging further examinations. He is back in Monaco at the moment to have a second opinion and working with the medical team that helped him with his back issues last year. But he hasn't withdrawn officially yet. But since he is told to keep it fixated and rested I have no idea how he should be ready in 3 days... He is so sad about it because he was so close to qualify 4 years ago and missed it, so he was really looking forward to going this time. And play mixed with Caroline....
I can understand he is upset, getting injured soo close to Olympics and of course playing mixed doubles with Caroline, well if he has been told to keep the wrist fixated and rested, it does seem slim he could be ready in 3 days, actually tennis journalist friend texted me and said no word as yet that Rune has withdrawn, I did inform him he suffered a wrist injury.
Oh well lets wait and see if Holger does withdraw, I just hope he dosent push himself I understand it will be disappointing, still he is young enough to compete at another Olympics, better to take care of his wrist.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Apparently there has been a covid scare at the Olympic Village with 5 players from the Australian volley ball team being tested as positive, this new virus strain is just not in Europe, here in Sydney we have had outbreaks again.

Last edited:

lomaha

Pro Tour Player
Reactions
Apparently there has been a covid scare at the Olympic Village with 5 players from the Australian volley ball team being tested as positive, this new virus strain is just not in Europe, here in Sydney we have had outbreaks again.
Yes the bikeriders at Tour de France had a lot of Covid incidents aswell.

• Sad
Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Jannik Sinner has withdrawn from the Olympics...
Thanks I am not surprised he had a fever and last time I checked he would be arriving late, I just checked the up to date news on his condition

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Jannik Sinner will be replaced in singles by Andrea Vavassori, he withdrew due to illness, he had been running a fever., official withdrawal he is suffering from tonsillitis

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Tennis Mixed Doubles List,
1. Zverev/Siegemund
2. Ebden/Perez
3. Gauff/Frtiz
4. Tsitsipas/Sakkari
5. FAA/Dabrowski
6. Vavassori/Errani
7. Granollers/Sorribes
8. Bublik/Rybakina

NOTE:
Coco Gauff to serve as opening ceremony flag bearer alongside Le Bron James for team USA

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Mens Singles Seeds ( updated) Paris 2024, due to the withdrawal of No 1 player Jannik Sinner due to tonsillitas
1. Djokovic
2. Alcaraz
3. Zverev
4. Medvedev
5. De Minaur
6. Ruud
7. Fritz
8. Tsitsipas
9. Paul
11. Rune
12. Musetti
13. Baez
14. FAA
15 Fils
16 Tabilo

NOTE:
Mens Top 4 seeds and their combined H2H against each other on clay
Djokovic 2-3
Alcaraz 4-2
Zverev 2-6
Medvedev 3-0

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Novak Djokoivc will not stay at the Olympic Village, and will maintain privacy as he fully focuses on winning Gold Medal in the singles.
Djokovic is not playing doubles/mixed in the Olympics

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Andy Murray has very likely played his last singles match.Speaking ahead of the tennis draw In Paris tomorrow, he said he's almost certain to pull out of singles, with doubles alongside Dan Evans the priority ( source EleanorCrooks@eleanorcrooks PA)

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Zverev still nursing an injury, but said he still hope to play.That did not sound too certain.

Luciano Darderi will now play doubles with Lorenzo Musetti for Italy replacing Sinner