27. Tallon Griekspoor
28. Jack Draper
29. Frances Tiafoe
30. Tomas Martin Etcheverry
31. Mariano Navone
32. Zhizhen Zhang

1719542057444.png
The Tournament:

The Wimbledon Championships, commonly known simply as Wimbledon, is the oldest tennis tournament in the world and is widely regarded as the most prestigious. It has been held at the All England Club in Wimbledon, London, since 1877 and is played on outdoor grass courts, with retractable roofs over the two main courts since 2019.

Wimbledon is one of the four Grand Slam tennis tournaments, the others being the Australian Open, the French Open, and the US Open. Wimbledon is the only major still played on grass, the traditional tennis playing surface. Also, it is the only Grand Slam that retains a night-time curfew, though matches can now continue until 11.00 pm under the lights.

The tournament traditionally takes place over two weeks in late June and early July, starting on the last Monday in June and culminating with the Ladies' and Gentlemen's Singles Finals, scheduled for the Saturday and Sunday at the end of the second week. Five major events are held each year, with additional junior and invitational competitions also taking place. In 2009, Wimbledon's Centre Court was fitted with a retractable roof to lessen the loss of playing time due to rain. A roof was operational over No. 1 Court from 2019, when a number of other improvements were made, including adding cushioned seating, a table and 10 independently operable cameras per court to capture the games.

About London:

London is the capital and largest city of England and the United Kingdom, with a population of just under 9 million. It stands on the River Thames in south-east England at the head of a 50-mile (80 km) estuary down to the North Sea, and has been a major settlement for two millennia. The City of London, its ancient core and financial centre, was founded by the Romans as Londinium and retains its medieval boundaries. The City of Westminster, to the west of the City of London, has for centuries hosted the national government and parliament. Since the 19th century, the name "London" has also referred to the metropolis around this core, historically split between the counties of Middlesex, Essex, Surrey, Kent, and Hertfordshire, which since 1965 has largely comprised Greater London, which is governed by 33 local authorities and the Greater London Authority.

London_Skyline_(125508655).jpeg

Buckingham_Palace,_London_-_April_2009.jpg

Tourism Guide:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Draw has just begun after the womens draw,
Top Half,
Sinner, Alcaraz and Medvedev
Bottom Half,
Djokovic, Zverev and Ruud

Reactions: AnonymousFan

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Projected QFs by seedings,

Sinner (1) vs Medvedev (5)
Djokovic (2) vs Hurkacz (7)
Alcaraz (3) vs Ruud (8)
Zverev (4) vs Rublev (6)

Last edited:
Reactions: AnonymousFan

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Defending Champion Alcaraz has a favorable draw to the final,
R1 Lajal
R2 Vukic/Ofner
R3 Tiafoe/Arnaldi
R4 Humbert/Baez
QF Ruud
SF Sinner/Medvedev
F. Djokovic/Zverev/Hurkacz

Sinners draw is more challenging oh well it is a paper draw after all isnt it? meets Hanfmann in R1, he could meet Berrettini in RD 2, though I feel he could win that match up if it occurs

I thought we might have got a Alcaraz and Sinner final, not to be this year as there are both in the top half of the draw, they are projected to meet in the SF

Reactions: Moxie

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Djokovic's projected path to the final he also received a favorable draw,
1R Kopriva
R2 Fearnlex/Moro Canas
3R Etcheverry/Popyrin
4R Rune /Khachanov
QF Hurkacz/De Minaur/FAA
SF ZverevRublev/Tsitsipas
F Sinner/Alcaraz/Medvedev

Reactions: nehmeth

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Carlos Alcaraz will open CC on Monday 1.30pm against qualifer Mark Lajal

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Interesting R1 matches,
Berrettini vs Fucsovics
Jarry vs Shapo
Monfils vs Mannarino
Tiafoe vs Arnaldi
Bublik vs Mensik
Korda vs Davidovich
Murray vs Machac ( if Murray does play singles)
FAA vs Kokkinakis

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Medvedev might well be gone in round 1. Tough opening match. Alcaraz' draw is a joke.

Reactions: Fiero425

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Djokovic's projected path to the final he also received a favorable draw,
1R Kopriva
R2 Fearnlex/Moro Canas
3R Etcheverry/Popyrin
4R Rune /Khachanov
QF Hurkacz/De Minaur/FAA
SF ZverevRublev/Tsitsipas
F Sinner/Alcaraz/Medvedev
Not entirely favorable to me. The first 2 rounds yes, but after that is extremely dicey.

Reactions: Moxie and Front242

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Not entirely favorable to me. The first 2 rounds yes, but after that is extremely dicey.
I feel he can play himself into form, seeing he has only played practice sets on grass, did have that exhibition match against Meddy, which he did win 63 64, we wont really get a proper assessment until he plays his first couple of matches.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Just a reminder Carlos Alcaraz has a chance to win the Channel Slam, one of the hardest things to accomplish in our game of tennis, if he wins this year's Wimbledon.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I agree with this. It should help him to get a couple of chuckleheads while the grass is fresh and slippery, but the notion that he'll just "play himself into form" (as per above) seems to truck a bit in cliche, rather than reality. He didn't play himself into form last year, when he couldn't find it for the final, and last year he wasn't coming in fresh from knee surgery. He was also coming in with the confidence of the guy who'd won the first 2 Majors of the year. Or maybe the question is: "what form?" Because he hasn't won a tournament so far this year.

He was luckier than Sinner, though, in that Alcaraz is in Sinner's half.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I agree with this. It should help him to get a couple of chuckleheads while the grass is fresh and slippery, but the notion that he'll just "play himself into form" (as per above) seems to truck a bit in cliche, rather than reality. He didn't play himself into form last year, when he couldn't find it for the final, and last year he wasn't coming in fresh from knee surgery. He was also coming in with the confidence of the guy who'd won the first 2 Majors of the year. Or maybe the question is: "what form?" Because he hasn't won a tournament so far this year.

He was luckier than Sinner, though, in that Alcaraz is in Sinner's half.
I think we are taking this 'knee surgery' way out of context to begin with?
Having Arthoscopic surgery via key hole is a simple procedure and takes usually no longer than 1 hour? and it is day surgery
My husband had it a few years ago and he was back at work in 5 days, granted he isnt a athlete?
It is not like he had a knee replacement for goodness sakes?
Novak would not be playing if he and his medical team didnt think he could?
Lets put everything in perspective
I said earlier I dont think it was a good idea for Novak to play, that is just my opinion, playing on grass which at present is slippery then going back to clay isnt ideal.I think we will have to trust Novak and his team, and no I dont think it is cliche saying he can play himself into some form, remember he is the 7 time champion at Wimbledon? I have seen players doing this,.eg Rafa going into RG ? I dont know he he won his last RG title he was on crutches the next day and had to find another treatment for his foot.

The player that got the harder draw out of the top seeds is my Italian Sinner, though last year his draw was easier, in saying that, he won Halle first grass tournament just like Alcaraz did last year? and remember Alcaraz went onto win Wimbledon? how ironic if Sinner also wins his first Wimbledon title this year, think about that!
Alcaraz coming into Wimbledon this year has not been that impressive, though with his favorable draw will be able to find his level, he has the weapons to do so.

Last edited: