2024 ATP General News

El Dude

The GOAT
Reactions
El Dude,
Jannik has showed this year, he has 'ice running though those veins' such composure for a 23 yo also his defense has improved, this year, along with his serve he showed that in many of his matches at Shanghai this week, the fast courts suit his flat linear shots.He played a great composed match in the final!
One of the things that is so impressive is his consistency - he really hasn't had a bad tournament (as I said, he's reached the QF or better at every tournament played this year, which has only been done a half dozen times or so). Every player has bad matches and spells, but he seems to not dip too low. He had that period this year where he was struggling with an injury, but never really dropped too much.

Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

El Dude

The GOAT
Reactions
Here's a name to stash away and keep an ear out for: Justin Engel from Germany. He just turned 17 years old a week ago (born Oct 2007!) and won his first main tour match in the first round of Almaty. You can see highlights here:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Here's a name to stash away and keep an ear out for: Justin Engel from Germany. He just turned 17 years old a week ago (born Oct 2007!) and won his first main tour match in the first round of Almaty. You can see highlights here:

I read about his win via social media, he has a good maturity for a 17 yo and has a good all court game thanks for posting the video and a player to keep an eye on in the future.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Just a reminder The Six Kings Slam starts tomorrow 12.30pm ET, 16th October -19th October.Tennis channels second network T2 will broadcast the event, from Riyadh. * They dont play on Friday*
Players, Djokovic, Alcaraz, Nadal, Sinner, Medvedev and Rune to participate.
Wednesday October 16,
Sinner v Medvedev 12.30pm ET
12 minute break
Not before 2pm ET
Alcaraz v Rune

Thursday October 17
Djokovic v Sinner/Medevdev winner - 12.30pm ET
12 minute break
Not before 2pm ET
Nadal v Alcaraz/Rune winner

Saturday October 18
Third place match - 1230pm ET
12 minute break
Not before 2pm ET
Championship Match.

Last edited:
Reactions: tented

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
At the Six Kings Slam
Jannik Sinner easily defeats Medvedev 60 63 to reach the SF against Djokovic
Not too bad for Medvedev he received 1.5 million for 3 games :)
Alcaraz d Rune 64 62
Alcaraz will play Nadal SF on Thursday ( tomorrow)
If Rafa and Novak, who plays Jannik tomorrow, both lose, than they will face each other for 3rd place on Saturday

Last edited:
Reactions: tented

tented

Administrator
Reactions
One of them is definitely not like the others:

IMG_1888.jpeg

El Dude

The GOAT
Reactions
The Jannik-Novak match reminds me of one of Novak's matches with Roger when Roger had the edge throughout the match, but Novak finds a way through (and/or Roger blows it). Jannik is the more dominant player, but the match is even - with Novak up on serve in the third set.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
The Jannik-Novak match reminds me of one of Novak's matches with Roger when Roger had the edge throughout the match, but Novak finds a way through (and/or Roger blows it). Jannik is the more dominant player, but the match is even - with Novak up on serve in the third set.
Sinner not finding his 1st serve in the match, especially in the 2nd set, is not helping his cause with 5 DFs.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Sinner d Djokovic 62 67(0) 64 to reach the final on Saturday
Djokovic will play for the 3rd place
Nadalcaraz up next after a break

Alcaraz d Nadal 63 63

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Final of the Six Kings Slam on Saturday
Sinner v Alcaraz
Djokovic v Nadal for 3rd place.

Djokoivc v Nadal will play for 3rd place first, followed by the final between Sinner v Alcaraz

Last edited:

Jelenafan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Yeah, I was thinking that Holger was a weird choice - Zverev would have been much better. I mean, as an exho they could have even invited Murray, Thiem, or Wawrinka.

Maybe the Saudis consulted this:

View attachment 9737

One of them is definitely not like the others:

View attachment 9736
Listen you hater ; )

Little Holger is currently ranked much higher than Rafa & has beaten the rest of the field.

Add he has the charisma & sex appeal of a superstar and the adoration of tens of millions of fans plus the marketing cachet of a Danish money machine, its no surprise he was asked to join this elite group.

A completely objective & unbiased opinion.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I can't believe that no one posted the promo video. Game of Thrones takes up tennis. It definitely explains why Rune was involved. They needed a viking ship!