2024 ATP General News

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Plus, they're all crazy enough to deserve each other.
I dont think Pegasus is crazy but is a nice young man that doesnt have the killer instinct.. Maybe Stefanos is modern day Berdych or JoWillieTs.. Stefanos has all the tools plus has been really healthy but he doesnt play like someone is taking food off his table like Novak, Roger, Carlitos and Rafa. Even Sinner and Meddy wants to be the best player on the court and the last man standing but not Stefanos. I think if we look back to that match in Miami between Daniil and Stefanos when he made the comment about Daniil being a Russian. Well Daniil told him that he didnt want to fight he should have went back at him to his face. Lord knows you cant punk Sir Andy like that. I am not saying to engage in a physical fight but you have to let your opponent know there are consequences for running their mouth. That's the way I roll. (YES I HAVE HIT PLAYERS ON PURPOSE FOR RUNNING THEIR MOUTH WITH THE BALL AND YES PLAYERS HAVE HIT ME IN FACE WTH THE BALL TOO, ITS PART OF THE GAME)

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I dont think Pegasus is crazy but is a nice young man that doesnt have the killer instinct.. Maybe Stefanos is modern day Berdych or JoWillieTs.. Stefanos has all the tools plus has been really healthy but he doesnt play like someone is taking food off his table like Novak, Roger, Carlitos and Rafa. Even Sinner and Meddy wants to be the best player on the court and the last man standing but not Stefanos. I think if we look back to that match in Miami between Daniil and Stefanos when he made the comment about Daniil being a Russian. Well Daniil told him that he didnt want to fight he should have went back at him to his face. Lord knows you cant punk Sir Andy like that. I am not saying to engage in a physical fight but you have to let your opponent know there are consequences for running their mouth. That's the way I roll. (YES I HAVE HIT PLAYERS ON PURPOSE FOR RUNNING THEIR MOUTH WITH THE BALL AND YES PLAYERS HAVE HIT ME IN FACE WTH THE BALL TOO, ITS PART OF THE GAME)
Well the Nice Young Man says he is going to win a medal at the Olympic Games, so we gonna see No? :)
Oh wait he will have some competition as Zverev thinks that winning an Olympic medal is up there as well.
We cant leave out Novak either, winning Gold Olympic Medal is high on his list of achievements this year

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
What is happening with Rublev? He lost early at Wimbledon and now in Baastad?
BTW Rune really needs a good week, in Hamburg, he plays Fils in his QF match, which he should win
In regards to Rublev he really needs to take time off the tour and address his 'mental and temper outbursts' his self harming to his body with his racquet, numerous times has "To Stop" !

Last edited:

Jelenafan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
..His greatest achievement was stealing the YE #1 ranking picking up any 500 level event late in the season he could get to costing him a hip or 2! …
IIRC he didnt “steal” that YE # 1, he earned it. Was undefeated after the USO that year , winning during that streak 2 Masters ( Shanghai & Paris Indoor) along with 2 500’s AND the YE ATP , bestng Novak in straight sets. The winner of that final match would be YE yop dog, they both knew it and Murray came out on top.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
AP,
I see FAA is in QFs in Gstaad though he plays one of my Italians The Boss Man aka Berrettini :)

Last edited:

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
IIRC he didnt “steal” that YE # 1, he earned it. Was undefeated after the USO that year , winning during that streak 2 Masters ( Shanghai & Paris Indoor) along with 2 500’s AND the YE ATP , bestng Novak in straight sets. The winner of that final match would be YE yop dog, they both knew it and Murray came out on top.
OMG, every time he gets a chance, Fiero peddles the same BS. Murray "stole" the YE#1, and ruined his hips in the process.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
OMG, every time he gets a chance, Fiero peddles the same BS. Murray "stole" the YE#1, and ruined his hips in the process.
Please are you really surprised with his post, another player that 'lives rent free in his head,. besides Rafa? his head is getting bigger by the moment:)

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
BTW Rune really needs a good week, in Hamburg, he plays Fils in his QF match, which he should win
In regards to Rublev he really needs to take time off the tour and address his 'mental and temper outbursts' his self harming to his body with his racquet, numerous times has "To Stop" !
I think Rublev might need what #45 has on his ear

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Andy "stole" it from Novak by beating him in the 5th biggest tournament of the year.

True enough Murray earned it in the end! I'm just "old thinking" when the rankings centered around the Majors! Way back when, BJK took her last Wimbledon Singles crown, but Evert won the 1975 season! King didnt win much else, but "Intelligentsia rankings" still made her YE #2! in 2016, Djokovic won 2, finished off his Nole-Slam winning his 1st FO, & performed in the finals of the USO & YEC, and added 4 more Majors to his record! Murray had lost in 2 Finals, won 1, & the YEC along w/ those 500 level events to "steal" the YE #1 ranking on the last day of the Men's Tour! :face-with-head-bandage:

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Rafa is struggling today.. I saw he was behind in the 1st set and I think serve for the set but got broken. Got off to a quick start in the 2nd set but its all square at 3-3.

now 3-4 down in the 2nd

Reactions: Fiero425

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Rafa is struggling today.. I saw he was behind in the 1st set and I think serve for the set but got broken. Got off to a quick start in the 2nd set but its all square at 3-3.

now 3-4 down in the 2nd
Hi AP,
I did post this Navone can play on the dirt and has won a lot of matches on clay lately, what a 1st set he played

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

now 3-4 down in the 2nd
His intensity, his confidence, and his forehand are all kind of over the place.

• Haha
Reactions: Fiero425

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
is there a website that you guys stream on .. its weird the location I am at has T2 but not TC