Administrator
Reactions
IMG_3004.jpeg
IMG_3005.jpeg
IMG_3006.jpeg

atttomole

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Same w/ Nadal back in the day! No lead was safe because of the "yips!" Korda was up 2 breaks in the 3rd set against Rafa at IW's IIRC! He choked it away! Taylor was all over Nadal at Wimbledon last year but gagged! Fedalovic have parlayed a number of matches like that to amass their records and wealth that may be legitimately out of reach no matter how much they raise prize $$ in the foreseeable future! The Big 3's consistency over 2 decades is why they're on top of all the records! As good as Sascha, Dom, Stefanos, & Daniil are and continue to be, they all allowed Fedalovic to escape in major SF's & Finals! :yawningface: :fearful-face::face-with-hand-over-mouth::face-with-tears-of-joy:
I know you like to lump Federer and Nadal fans together. Currently it’s mostly Nadal fans though.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Week 2!

Out of 127 to start with, there are only 12 matches left to play or finish in the men’s draw. We’re into squeaky bum territory. Rarefied air. We know about Novak, but who else can handle this pressure?

I think the right draw might actually help Carlos. He can’t wander off thinking about Novak and nonsense like “if you want to be the best you have to beat the best.” How about you focus on the former Wimbledon finalist Berretini first? Then possibly a vicious street urchin like Holger? That’ll concentrate him.

One reason I’m always saying I don’t see certain players as GS winners is because of the special atmosphere of the second week. Some players are built for that, they play better in the second week. Borg was like that. All the rabble are gone home and the changing room is populated by burgeoning princes of the sport. Some players get to the second week by surprise but they don’t win slams.

My picks for the semis are Carlos-Tsitsipas-Sinner-Djokovic…

PhiEaglesfan712

Major Winner
Reactions
Same w/ Nadal back in the day! No lead was safe because of the "yips!" Korda was up 2 breaks in the 3rd set against Rafa at IW's IIRC! He choked it away! Taylor was all over Nadal at Wimbledon last year but gagged! Fedalovic have parlayed a number of matches like that to amass their records and wealth that may be legitimately out of reach no matter how much they raise prize $$ in the foreseeable future! The Big 3's consistency over 2 decades is why they're on top of all the records! As good as Sascha, Dom, Stefanos, & Daniil are and continue to be, they all allowed Fedalovic to escape in major SF's & Finals! :yawningface: :fearful-face::face-with-hand-over-mouth::face-with-tears-of-joy:
And that is what separates Tiafoe from those players. Tiafoe isn't afraid of players like Federer, Nadal, and Alcaraz, especially at the US Open. If Thiem and Medvedev won slams, I'm more than confident Tiafoe will win at least one.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
And that is what separates Tiafoe from those players. Tiafoe isn't afraid of players like Federer, Nadal, and Alcaraz, especially at the US Open. If Thiem and Medvedev won slams, I'm more than confident Tiafoe will win at least one.
Tiafoe has yet to have any achievements that separates him Zverev, Medvedev, Thiem, Tsitsipas. Except if we think, he’s separated below them. They’ve all won more titles, and bigger titles than Francis.

A single run deep in a slam isn’t an indicator of future success…

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Danii Medvedev is like a man who actually doesn’t mind grass…

Reactions: kskate2

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Hubi had a lucky escape on BP, he played a volley with a lot of rotation, the ball came back at his side of the net, Novak could not control it and ended up leaning on the net with his body.

Hurkacz is servebotting Novak to death, he still might have a chance in a TB again.
Not a chance amigo. Apparently, he is allergic to winning a TB against Djoke. I'm still trying to understand how he beat Musetti so easily.

Reactions: Kieran

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
we said the same about clay when he won Rome, then he arrived at RG and proceeded to lay the largest egg I've seen from a #3 seed :egg:

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
we said the same about clay when he won Rome, then he arrived at RG and proceeded to lay the largest egg I've seen from a #3 seed :egg:
That's it - but he got the order wrong on clay. Here he seems to have his priorities right...

Reactions: kskate2

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Hubi had a lucky escape on BP, he played a volley with a lot of rotation, the ball came back at his side of the net, Novak could not control it and ended up leaning on the net with his body.

Hurkacz is servebotting Novak to death, he still might have a chance in a TB again.
At the very least he should play today with some hope. He has no reason to be despondent. He was only a matter of a couple of good first serves away from being possibly two sets up..

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Looks like we are going to see another Tsitsipas Medvedev match. I like this rivalry. Let's see who will dance at the end.

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Not a chance amigo. Apparently, he is allergic to winning a TB against Djoke. I'm still trying to understand how he beat Musetti so easily.
For whatever reason, Musetti could not find a first serve if his life depended on it. It was so bad - it reminded me of Novak’s serving after Todd Martin had worked with him! :facepalm:

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
At the very least he should play today with some hope. He has no reason to be despondent. He was only a matter of a couple of good first serves away from being possibly two sets up..
He came awfully close yesterday in both sets. His 1st serve abandonded him in set 2 in some crucial moments and he was lucky not to get broken before the TB. I expect him to come fresh and continue throwing aces. Novak will try to push and finish match before TB, he knows how close he was last night to lose a set or maybe two.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Looks like we are going to see another Tsitsipas Medvedev match. I like this rivalry. Let's see who will dance at the end.
Yeah, it's salty, and peppery too. I'd slightly favour Tsitsipas on grass, and he was trending in the rivalry too, until that match in Rome, so it should be a good one. Plus, it completes the slam cycle for them having had 2 matches in Australia, and one each in Paris and New York.

If they both keep it going today...

PhiEaglesfan712

Major Winner
Reactions
I'm okay with Wimbledon doing away with the no play on Sunday, but all singles play should be on the women's side. Monday should be reserved for the men's singles. Then, alternate days after that, with the women's singles Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday, and the men's singles on Wednesday, Friday, and Sunday.

I don't like the mixing of men's and women's matches in the 2nd week of a slam. It creates a scenario where men can have 2 days rest in between quarterfinal (Tuesday) and semifinal (Friday), and women can play consecutive days (quarterfinal on Wednesday and semifinal on Thursday).

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Yeah, it's salty, and peppery too. I'd slightly favour Tsitsipas on grass, and he was trending in the rivalry too, until that match in Rome, so it should be a good one. Plus, it completes the slam cycle for them having had 2 matches in Australia, and one each in Paris and New York.

If they both keep it going today...
Should they meet it would be their first QF in Wimbledon with one of them to reach a SF at least. Their best result so far is R4.

Status
Not open for further replies.