2023 Men's Wimbledon Championships

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
I'm okay with Wimbledon doing away with the no play on Sunday, but all singles play should be on the women's side. Monday should be reserved for the men's singles. Then, alternate days after that, with the women's singles Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday, and the men's singles on Wednesday, Friday, and Sunday.

I don't like the mixing of men's and women's matches in the 2nd week of a slam. It creates a scenario where men can have 2 days rest in between quarterfinal (Tuesday) and semifinal (Friday), and women can play consecutive days (quarterfinal on Wednesday and semifinal on Thursday).
They’d have to offer a discount if it’s women’s singles only. I think they’ll stay with what they have. The women can manage playing consecutive days. If they can’t, they go home..

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
I'm okay with Wimbledon doing away with the no play on Sunday, but all singles play should be on the women's side. Monday should be reserved for the men's singles. Then, alternate days after that, with the women's singles Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday, and the men's singles on Wednesday, Friday, and Sunday.

I don't like the mixing of men's and women's matches in the 2nd week of a slam. It creates a scenario where men can have 2 days rest in between quarterfinal (Tuesday) and semifinal (Friday), and women can play consecutive days (quarterfinal on Wednesday and semifinal on Thursday).
This is not a novel concept. It was actually this way before Wimby decided to do away w/ the greatest Monday in tennis history: the R16. Everyone had Sun off and then played on Monday. From then on the Ladies QF was Tues, SF on Thur and F on Sat. In fact, they referred to QF and SF as Ladies Day. Men were Wed, Fri, Sun.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
You're kind to have noticed! Out of town for a few days with just peeks at scores, and the TF gang narration, which is always appreciated.
We always notice. I don't always bring attention to it in the event you're not open to sharing the reason for your absence.

Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

PhiEaglesfan712

Major Winner
Reactions
The fact that Hurkacz is going toe to toe with Djokovic helps Federer's legacy. At least we can now say that Federer ended his career by losing to a damn good player.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Chris Eubanks looks great vs the Young Greek..the fifth set should be a monster..da young Greek has played every day since Tuesday plus dealing with his pappy's mouth and Miss Paula presence.

Last edited:
Reactions: don_fabio

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Chris Eubanks looks great vs the Young Greek..the fifth set should be a monster..da young Greek has played every day since Tuesday plus dealing with his pappy mouth and Miss Paula presence.
Chris having the time of his career on the grass, he has such easy power on his bhand, what ever happens in Wimby he will be seeded for the USO

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
HH just doesn't have the requirements of a high tennis IQ to go with that fantastic serves and net game. Another one who needs to call Sampras!

• Haha
Reactions: MargaretMcAleer
Status
Not open for further replies.