2023 ATP General News

Status
Not open for further replies.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Due to rain at Eastbourne men's SFs matches suspended, there will be no more play, Cerundolo leading 5-2 3rd set over McDonald, 1 set all
New schedule to come for play on Saturday 1st July

Reactions: AnonymousFan

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
New schedule for Eastbourne SF, Saturday 1st July,

Match between M. McDonald vs F. Cerundolo to be completed 1 set all, Cerundolo leading 5-2 3rd set before match was suspended due to rain
Tommy Paul (2) vs G. Barrere.

After suitable rest,
Mens Final,
M. McDonald or F. Cerundolo vs T.Paul or G. Barrere

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Mens SF at Eastbourne completd,
F. Cerundolo d M. McKenzie 26 75 62
T.Paul d G Barrere 64 63
Final will be played later today,
T. Paul vs F. Cerundolo

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Cerundolo gets the opening set on a "controversial" call by Lahyani, but I think he was right. Anyway, Paul pissed off enough to break straight away in the 2nd. (Which is the right way to be get out your anger. He didn't really fight with Mo, and it was set point.)

• Wow

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Chris Eubanks looks very confident and mature on the grass. If I'm not mistaken I recall he has been a guest analyst on TC..

He did and has! TC's bringing in more and more newbies to maybe edge out the oldsters like Navratilova, Courier, & Daventporte! Wozniaki was a prize hire, but going back on tour, I'm not sure how it'll affect their choice! Arias is getting a lot of play on the desk! ESPN is going thru changes as well w/ anchors! :face-with-head-bandage: :fearful-face::face-with-hand-over-mouth::face-with-tears-of-joy:

Reactions: the AntiPusher

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Chris Eubanks looks very confident and mature on the grass..if I'm not mistaken I recall he has been a quest analyst on TC..
I forgot that...thanks for the reminder! He was so cute, with his suit and his glasses...and really good, too. He made Jason Goodall look short, I remember that, too. That's extra reason to root for him, though I do like his game.

PhiEaglesfan712

Major Winner
Reactions
He did and has! TC's bringing in more and more newbies to maybe edge out the oldsters like Navratilova, Courier, & Daventporte! Wozniaki was a prize hire, but going back on tour, I'm not sure how it'll affect their choice! Arias is getting a lot of play on the desk! ESPN is going thru changes as well w/ anchors! :face-with-head-bandage: :fearful-face::face-with-hand-over-mouth::face-with-tears-of-joy:
Navratilova is untouchable. She is the greatest player in women's tennis history and has earned the right to go out on her own terms. But yeah, Courier and Davenport are expendable, and TC can do better than them.

Reactions: Kieran and Fiero425

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
ATP Bercy Masters 1000 will be relocated in 2025. It will be held at the largest venue in Europe, Paris La Defense Arena in Nanterre

• Wow

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Jensen Brooksby received a provisional suspension for missing 3 drug tests in 12 months.
" I have never failed a drug test, and I have never taken any substances that I was not allowed to take"
Jensen says he looks forward to explaining what happened. He's denied the charge and says he's been tested several times, including 3 times after surgery in Match 2023. He also says he was where he said he would be for 1 of the alleged missed tests.
( source The Tennis Letter)

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Jensen Brooksby received a provisional suspension for missing 3 drug tests in 12 months.
" I have never failed a drug test, and I have never taken any substances that I was not allowed to take"
Jensen says he looks forward to explaining what happened. He's denied the charge and says he's been tested several times, including 3 times after surgery in Match 2023. He also says he was where he said he would be for 1 of the alleged missed tests.
He kinda has the same attitude as Ryan Harrison,just angry at the world for no reason.I am not surprised at all because he seems to have an entitled mindset about himself.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
And he wasn’t for the other two? I think that when they miss 3 tests it’s likely they need to miss them, right? I mean it’s your career on the line, if you miss 1 you make sure you’re on time for the second, let alone the third..

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Gstaad Update:
OUT: FAA which I think is a wise decision, he needs time tp heal his shoulder and knee, probably played on when he shouldn't, he shouldn't come back to the tour until these 2 injuries are fully healed, he is young and has time on his side.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Casper Ruud out of Wimbledon, Noe back on clay to play Bastad and Hamburg

Gael Monfils to play Winston Salem Open August 19-26

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Main Draw Wild Cards,
Bastad - Leo Borg, Elias Ymer, Dragos Madaras
Gstaad - Stan Wawrinka, Dominic Thiem, Dominic Stricker
Newport - Kevin Anderson ( 2 WCs to be announced)

Status
Not open for further replies.