2023 ATP General News

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Arthur Fils has been on my radar for awhile, along with another French kid, Luca van Assche. Haven't seen them play, but they showed up on the "very young and on the rankings map" radar awhile ago.
Thanks for the tip! I see that Van Assche is also playing in Montpelier this week, including playing doubles with Fils. The Tennis Channel is showing some of it, so we might catch some of them even this week.

Reactions: El Dude

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Arthur Fils has been on my radar for awhile, along with another French kid, Luca van Assche. Haven't seen them play, but they showed up on the "very young and on the rankings map" radar awhile ago.
The other Luca, Italian Luca Nardi is quite promising as well. Only 19.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
The other Luca, Italian Luca Nardi is quite promising as well. Only 19.
Yes, he's been popping up a bit, lately. BTW, Van Assche lost today, but he took it 3.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
For this time of year, and an ATP 250, a lot of interesting matches tomorrow:

Screen Shot 2023-02-07 at 7.15.23 PM.png

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
For this time of year, and an ATP 250, a lot of interesting matches tomorrow:

View attachment 7735
I hope my Italian youngster Sinner can posts some decent results in this tournament, as I was disappointed with him at the AO, especially not being able to convert the many BPs 4/23 he had in his match against The Young Greek

Reactions: Moxie

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I hope my Italian youngster Sinner can posts some decent results in this tournament, as I was disappointed with him at the AO, especially not being able to convert the many BPs 4/23 he had in his match against The Young Greek
Fucsovic is always tricky. I like the Foki v. Humbert match-up. Hopefully, Foki brings back some of the magic from earlier last year. And young Arthur Fils will face RBA. I have to think that will be the end of his road, but it would be a big win if he managed it. Of course, I will be hoping for our young Italian Sinner to go all the way.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Fucsovic is always tricky. I like the Foki v. Humbert match-up. Hopefully, Foki brings back some of the magic from earlier last year. And young Arthur Fils will face RBA. I have to think that will be the end of his road, but it would be a big win if he managed it. Of course, I will be hoping for our young Italian Sinner to go all the way.
Sinner does have a tricky match, hopefully he can come through.Looking forward to watching more of young Arthur Fils, I think the experience of RBA will come through

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Marten Fucsovics has withdrawn from Montpellier tournament, meaning Jannik Sinner goes directly into the QFS.
RBA vs Fils will be the only night match.
WC Umbert had a bad fall at the back of the court and had to retire in his match against Davidovich Fokina

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Marten Fucsovics has withdrawn from Montpellier tournament, meaning Jannik Sinner goes directly into the QFS.
RBA vs Fils will be the only night match.
WC Umbert had a bad fall at the back of the court and had to retire in his match against Davidovich Fokina
I saw that fall. It looked like he did something to his leg on the run before he went over. He did get back up after treatment to finish out the tiebreak, so not so scary as it originally looked, hopefully. Wonder what's up that made Fucsovics retire? Bit early in the year for that.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I saw that fall. It looked like he did something to his leg on the run before he went over. He did get back up after treatment to finish out the tiebreak, so not so scary as it originally looked, hopefully. Wonder what's up that made Fucsovics retire? Bit early in the year for that.
So far I cannot find any news why Fuscovics withdrew from his match

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Arthur Fils beats RBA in straights! He's into his first ever ATP quarterfinals.
Impressive. I saw he was 4-2 up in the first set and wondered if he'd go on to win even that set.

Reactions: Fiero425

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Arthur Fils making the QFs in Montpellier he is #141 in the live rankings, will set a new best ranking next week.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Alexander Bublik having a nice little tantrum:

Even though I grew up when tennis was considered a "gentleman's sport of Kings," from very early on in the Pro ranks, it's been customary to "rage" w/ frustration when missing a shot you thought should've been made! I already confessed going thru 65+ rackets; either sold when I just didn't like the feel or destroyed after a tirade! Even Borg was reputed to have tantrums where his parents took his racket away! It was a very early and memorable lesson he learned; unlike the brats we raise & coach here in the States! :fearful-face: :face-with-hand-over-mouth::face-with-tears-of-joy:

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Alexander Bublik having a nice little tantrum:

Now, I know this is one of those places where you and I might diverge. To me, this says he's not in a place to win the match. I do like Barrere, anyway. And all of those Russians who play for Khazakstan put me off a bit, too. I did see this earlier on TC. At first, the crowd booed. Then they just got into the hilarity of it.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Can somebody tell me WTF has happened to Denis? He lost last night at Dallas in straight sets to WTH is your name, Wu?

Status
Not open for further replies.