2023 ATP General News

Status
Not open for further replies.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Thiem needs to go to the Nadal's academy and regroup on the clay to build his confidence
One of his main problems is his fhand, since his injury wrist/hand it hasnt been the same, he cannot get the power he used to have on his fhand

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
One of his main problems is his fhand, since his injury wrist/hand it hasnt been the same, he cannot get the power he used to have on his fhand
Dominc's wrist may have some scare tissue..it's such a delicate part of the body but it has to be 100 percent to win against the best of the ATP tour.

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Domino's wrist may have some scare tissue..it's such a delicate part of the body but it has to be 100 percent to win against the best of the ATP tour.
Well as you know power begins at the wrist, quite frankly I dont know if it will be better., he decided against surgery, I wonder if he had surgery, would that have been a better course of action

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Well as you know power begins at the wrist, quite frankly I dont know if it will be better., he decided against surgery, I wonder if he had surgery, would that have been a better course of action
I think surgery plus the scare tissue from the procedure would've made it more difficult..but really I'm not sure..Wow I'm gonna get the young Greek and the Greek goddess playing today

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I think surgery plus the scare tissue from the procedure would've made it more difficult..but really I'm not sure..Wow I'm gonna get the young Greek and the Greek goddess playing today
Everything is hindsight I guess, we wont know.
Very proud of the way Sinner has played today, this is kind of a bit of sweet revenge after all those BPs he had against at the AO and could not convert them Forzi Jannik
Sakkari and Garcia in a t/break for the 2nd set

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Ben Fatto Jannik winning 64 63 against The Young Greek, ( a bit of sweet revenge after all those BPs you had against him at the AO and could not convert) your ROS was a feature of your win!!!!!!! Winners 20 UFE 6
Sinner will play Stan the Man next.

Last edited:
Reactions: AnonymousFan

Jelenafan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Im just seeing the scores and little Holger is already trailing 4-6, 0-4 !!

Is the Danish angel injured?

ETA:Little Holger had to retire trailing 0-4 in the 2nd set with Brouwer, hopefully it's not a serious injury. :confused:

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Home favorite Gijs Brower wins by retirement from H. Rune 64 40....Rune had a MTO/ wrist in the 2nd set and retired

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Netherlands biggest tournament gets an all home QF tomorrow between Brouwer and Griekspoor
Grigor Dimitrov vs Alex de Minaur
Jannik Sinner vs Stan Wawrinka
FAA vs Daniil Medvedev

Last edited:

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Im just seeing the scores and little Holger is already trailing 4-6, 0-4 !!

Is the Danish angel injured?

ETA:Little Holger had to retire trailing 0-4 in the 2nd set with Brouwer, hopefully it's not a serious injury. :confused:

I think we need to "get over" the resilience of the Big 3 because it's not going to happen w/ any other player! Rune was probably just "in the zone" & has come back to Earth! We shouldn't expect that much from today's players in comparison to past eras! That ball's traveling fast, furious, and relentlessly! It's gonna break all these guys down! Thiem may even be done! :angry-face: :astonished-face::pleading-face::fearful-face:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
If people were watching Rune in Montipeller his ROS of serve needs improvement for starters, he could not return on a consistent basis the serve of Cressy and lost.
Rune was being out played today in his match by Brouwer, before he took a MTO and retired trailing 4-0 in the 2nd set
Not to mention he was up 5-1 in the super t/breaker against Rublev in Melbourne and lost?

Last edited:

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Watching Wolf in Delray Beach! He so reminds me of a past era! His slightly overbuilt body is reminicent of Wawrinka or Nalbandien! Most players are bean poles w/ spindly legs! He's not fat, but looks it in comparison to other players! :astonished-face: :fearful-face::face-with-hand-over-mouth::face-with-tears-of-joy:

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
One player that has lost his game and confidence is Diego Schwatzman, he is now playing on court, against Zapata Miralles, already down a break in his opening service game in Buenos Aires
OMG Schwartzman won 1 game in the 1st set, he really has lost his way, Zapata Miralles 1st set 61
Diego lost 61 63, Diego was champion in 2021, finalist in 2022
Diego has lost 11 of his last 12 matches and will be ranked # 38 at best on Monday

Last edited:

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Rotterdam draw has been eviscerated by upsets! Top players are getting blown off the courts w/ injuries quite prevalent all over the place! WTF?;)
"Eviscerated by upsets" seems a bit strong. I'm not sure that Sinner d. Tsitsipas qualifies as an upset. Plus, FAA, Medvedev, Dimitrov and De Minaur are still in, with Wawrinka as a bonus. Still a pretty strong looking field.

Jelenafan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
"Eviscerated by upsets" seems a bit strong. I'm not sure that Sinner d. Tsitsipas qualifies as an upset. Plus, FAA, Medvedev, Dimitrov and De Minaur are still in, with Wawrinka as a bonus. Still a pretty strong looking field.
Everytime little Holger Rune withdraws with an injury the heart and soul of a tournament withdraws with him.

No hyperbole, just keeping it real.

• Haha
Reactions: Moxie and Fiero425

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
What an exaggeration for starters, has that poster been watching the tournament at all? lol! probably not :) just looking at a SB which does not indicate a match lol!
A poster said Rune had to retire I hope he is okay? well if that poster was actually watching the match they would have known Rune took a MTO in the 2nd set for his wrist, and decided to retire at 0-4, he was being outplayed before the MTO BTW

Last edited:
Reactions: Moxie

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
QFs in Beunos Aires,
Cameron Norrie v Tomas Martin Etcheverry
Q Juan Pablo Variiles v Lorenzo Musetti (3)
Carlos Alcaraz (1) vs Q Dusan Lajovic
Francisco Cerundolo (5) vs Bernabe Zapata Miralles

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Watching Wolf in Delray Beach! He so reminds me of a past era! His slightly overbuilt body is reminicent of Wawrinka or Nalbandien! Most players are bean poles w/ spindly legs! He's not fat, but looks it in comparison to other players! :astonished-face: :fearful-face::face-with-hand-over-mouth::face-with-tears-of-joy:
It was kind of funny, like some frat guy just wandered onto the court… hat, sunglasses, sunscreen. Was waiting for the Body by Budweiser poster to be draped over front of one of the rails,, but then I remembered it was Nalbandian that posed for it!

• Haha
Reactions: Moxie and Fiero425
Status
Not open for further replies.