2020 French Open Final: Novak Djokovic vs. Rafael Nadal

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jelenafan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I think it's plain to see that these three (Fed, Nadal and Novak) took the game to such a higher level, we need to quit worrying about the following generations. The Big 3 will be replaced by Father Time not talent.

Bingo.

What bragging can the next gen do when they can finally consistently surpass 37/38 years olds at Majors...

JesuslookslikeBorg

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
djoko for the win. rafa is undercooked like ao2019 final, djoko is in rafa's head also, (don;t mention rome2019 when rafa won, cuz djoko had a few late night 3set thrillers then had to switch to early afternoon final)

djoko has had some decent tests along the way, but nadal has had a cupcake draw where his biggest peril was a 1st set scare vs rookie sinner.

so after the mirage of younger blokes in usopenfinal its back to the golden oldies again.

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Djoko was very lucky (one more time) that Tsitsipas got the injury , otherwise he would have lost the match and the Greek would be tomorrow in the final

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I am going to rewatch the 2012 RG final where the conditions were just dismal,not only for the players but also for the spectators.,I was there live and my hubby recorded the match for me.

Hi Carol were you going to RG this year before COVID19 happened?
Hi Margaret, this year I had many plans to traveling but at the end I couldn't do too much, I mean just staying home. Hope 2021 will be much better in all the ways ant also Rafa tomorrow biting the Trophy one more time

Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Hi Margaret, this year I had many plans to traveling but at the end I couldn't do too much, I mean just staying home. Hope 2021 will be much better in all the ways ant also Rafa tomorrow biting the Trophy one more time

Best to stay home than travel this year,hopefully next year there will be a vaccine and we can all get back to live normally again.

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Best to stay home than travel this year,hopefully next year there will be a vaccine and we can all get back to live normally again.
Hopefully!!! or at least the virus disappears for ever and ever, but who knows.....

Jelenafan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
When you’re talking a 17 and 19 Major champ you can throw out the window what came before. It’s the finals of Roland Garos for goodness sake.

I honestly think either player can take it, but i give the edge to Rafa in 4 tight sets.

Reactions: Moxie

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
When you’re talking a 17 and 19 Major champ you can throw out the window what came before. It’s the finals of Roland Garos for goodness sake.

I honestly think either player can take it, but i give the edge to Rafa in 4 tight sets.

The more the better! Can't have too many people on the Djokovic bandwagon assuming it's "in the bag!" Had enough of that back in 2015! :yawningface:

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
djoko for the win. rafa is undercooked like ao2019 final, djoko is in rafa's head also, (don;t mention rome2019 when rafa won, cuz djoko had a few late night 3set thrillers then had to switch to early afternoon final)

djoko has had some decent tests along the way, but nadal has had a cupcake draw where his biggest peril was a 1st set scare vs rookie sinner.

so after the mirage of younger blokes in usopenfinal its back to the golden oldies again.
We recently discussed what being "tested" means at these altitudes, and I think it means nothing. Surely neither one will take the other for granted. I also disagree that Rafa had a cupcake draw. We were we talking at the beginning that Novak had one. Thiem being on Rafa's side, and all. If Nadal rolls the competition and Novak doesn't, it doesn't mean that he was "tested" more...it means that Novak's less able with the competition, which might mean that he's less able with final. Innit?

Bonaca

Major Winner
Reactions
Djoko was very lucky (one more time) that Tsitsipas got the injury , otherwise he would have lost the match and the Greek would be tomorrow in the final

Greek was lucky to receive the gift playing 5 instead of 3 sets. It should have been closed out in3.
Sadly he got injured. But the present was gifted first. And it was gifted two times.
You can stay calm, it doesn’t matter who Nadal plays in F, he is the best, right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bonaca

Major Winner
Reactions
We recently discussed what being "tested" means at these altitudes, and I think it means nothing. Surely neither one will take the other for granted. I also disagree that Rafa had a cupcake draw. We were we talking at the beginning that Novak had one. Thiem being on Rafa's side, and all. If Nadal rolls the competition and Novak doesn't, it doesn't mean that he was "tested" more...it means that Novak's less able with the competition, which might mean that he's less able with final. Innit?

He did not play Austrian Diva, Diego was cooked, what draw did you mean?

But this weak competion in front of the F could be a good reason for all of you in finding excuses for what can happen today? Not bad at all. Always put the opposite aspects in front!
For example: Novak will keep the no 1 spot till end of this year for sure, no matter what happens today or later this year. Haha

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Out of all days I had to travel today and out of all places I will be at Charles de Gaulle in Paris during this afternoon. So close, but so far. Hopefully the internet will be fast and I can stream the final and they might also show it on some tv on airport.

Today is a tennis holiday, rivarly that we witnessed so many times, 2 superb athletes fighting for the place in history, for the records, for the glory, for everything. Let the better man win. Hopefully the match will be a close one and maybe even an epic. Everything is set and points out to another great fight between these two guys.

Ricardo

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Fed fans must be pinning their hope on Djokovic beating Nadal so Fed keeps the slam record, while Nadal fans would be on the edge of their seat as he is definitely not the favourite going in this time....as playing in September and change of the ball this year definitely works in the Serb's favour. This should be the match of the year in terms of historical significance, as Nadal winning would mean he probably goes down as the greatest ever. Also 13 RG wins alone make him immortal, as its a record that neither Fed or Djokovic can even compare, out of all their record books.

Reactions: Moxie

Ricardo

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
He did not play Austrian Diva, Diego was cooked, what draw did you mean?

But this weak competion in front of the F could be a good reason for all of you in finding excuses for what can happen today? Not bad at all. Always put the opposite aspects in front!
For example: Novak will keep the no 1 spot till end of this year for sure, no matter what happens today or later this year. Haha

keep laughing. Djokovic is definitely the biggest benefactor of COVID19, Fedal pretty much shut down the year because of that and moving RG from May to September takes away the high bounce of a warm playing environment which suits Nadal. Also the fact that Djokovic organized a disasterous event and got infected himself and then still ends up being able to do whatever he wants, plus bringing along those other players who also tested positive yet didn't suffer any consequence.....how blessed 2020 is for him. Since events are cancel then it also means he gets to keep the top spot without having to defend it for another 1.5months like in normal years.....great, who says there is no free lunch.

So stop acting like Djokovic is a victim of any kind, he is very very lucky.

Bonaca

Major Winner
Reactions
keep laughing. Djokovic is definitely the biggest benefactor of COVID19, Fedal pretty much shut down the year because of that and moving RG from May to September takes away the high bounce of a warm playing environment which suits Nadal. Also the fact that Djokovic organized a disasterous event and got infected himself and then still ends up being able to do whatever he wants, plus bringing along those other players who also tested positive yet didn't suffer any consequence.....how blessed 2020 is for him. Since events are cancel then it also means he gets to keep the top spot without having to defend it for another 1.5months like in normal years.....great, who says there is no free lunch.

So stop acting like Djokovic is a victim of any kind, he is very very lucky.

Haha you again.
He is no beneficiary he is just the best player, conditions are the same for all of them, you cheap racist genius.
He organized a beneficial event and no one was forced to play, you poor soul.
If tournaments wouldn’t be cancelled , he would gain even more points , so it is luck for all others.
Nadal is the favorite, his stats are unique at this place, also odds favour him genius.

tennisville

Major Winner
Reactions
It genuinely amazes me how many people are picking Djokovic

This is Nadal in a Roland Garros final. He controls his destiny here and is the favorite

Also fun fact: This is the pairs 9th grand slam final tying them with Federer-Nadal for the record. Also, their 16th grand slam match which is 1 behind Federer-Djokovic. What a golden era this is where we see these matches at such high stakes so often. Truly one of the best rivalries in the history of tennis

Reactions: Nadalfan2013

Ricardo

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Haha you again.
He is no beneficiary he is just the best player, conditions are the same for all of them, you cheap racist genius.
He organized a beneficial event and no one was forced to play, you poor soul.
If tournaments wouldn’t be cancelled , he would gain even more points , so it is luck for all others.
Nadal is the favorite, his stats are unique at this place, also odds favour him genius.

conditions are the same for all of them, and that means what? you can say that about every tournament everywhere anytime, and results say it works for some better than others.....so who is the genius?

again, what did i say that makes it racism? nothing? are the mods too blind to see or what?

those tournaments were not supposed to be on. Djokovic obviously did it for selfish reasons, and guess what .....it backfired, just karma. And remember when he robbed another player's rightful spot so his brother could play in that shameful little tournament he organized? your 'victim' doesn't like playing fair, obviously.

Bonaca

Major Winner
Reactions
conditions are the same for all of them, and that means what? you can say that about every tournament everywhere anytime, and results say it works for some better than others.....so who is the genius?

again, what did i say that makes it racism? nothing? are the mods too blind to see or what?

those tournaments were not supposed to be on. Djokovic obviously did it for selfish reasons, and guess what .....it backfired, just karma. And remember when he robbed another player's rightful spot so his brother could play in that shameful little tournament he organized? your 'victim' doesn't like playing fair, obviously.

Conditions for all the same, and he made it best. You talk about luck. What luck genius, best player=best results despite conditions. Not that difficult to understand.

I talk about the past, you know that very well. You were proud of talking about black people with the n-word. You were proud for talking about non-straights with the f-word and you were proud of talking about women with zero respect. I call you out to video-talk with me, but you are just another poor coward. If you are what I think you are, an old man or cripple, I apologise , because I was teached not to fight with weaker ones.

Not supposed? You the rule-maker? Haha Jesus what embarrassing post from you.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
ROOF CLOSED IN PARIS! Indoor clay tennis final for the 1st time at RG! If Nole doesn't take this one, he never will! The advantage is his!:clap:

Last edited: