• Nadal in five sets

• Federer in three sets

• Federer in four sets

• Federer in five sets

Results are only viewable after voting.

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Nadal leads the H2H record 23-15 however Federer has won their last five meetings (all on hard courts) including their last encounter at major (2017 Australian Open Final). This will be their first encounter on Clay since the 2013 Rome final.

Interesting fact: Whoever wins this match, he will be the number 2 ranked player in the world by Monday.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
This is the first time Roger will be facing Rafa on clay after he revamped his back hand.

Rafa is definitely vulnerable - Goffin won a set. Even Yannick Madman broke him twice.

But, that leads to only 1+1.

I need 2+2 to call it. So, I will think over and come back again to take another shot.

Last edited:

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
I assume this match will be on Friday?

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
I assume this match will be on Friday?

Yep. Generally speaking, they would place it first in the schedule. However, they may put it second also as they would not want all the fans leaving the stadium after this, if this were the first semifinal.

tented

Administrator
Reactions
Yep. Generally speaking, they would place it first in the schedule. However, they may put it second also as they would not want all the fans leaving the stadium after this, if this were the first semifinal.

That’s my guess, even though they should put them on first.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
damn it! I was so focused on the Champions League in the past few weeks I was tricked into a romantic trip to Paris. And don't for one second think that because I'm in Paris I'll get to see a lick of tennis :banghead:

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
I've had a hunch before the tournament begun that Federer might make a serious statement and I'm not backing down. He already has by making the semis at 37 but I don't think he's done yet. Hopefully no foul play this time round, as in no bandaging your damn foot once you're losing a set 5-2. Ralph the humble, soon to tumble?

Reactions: MartyB and mrzz

tented

Administrator
Reactions
damn it! I was so focused on the Champions League in the past few weeks I was tricked into a romantic trip to Paris. And don't for one second think that because I'm in Paris I'll get to see a lick of tennis :banghead:

“It’s keeeling me!”

Reactions: Federberg

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Here are couple more points

1. I mentioned this one already in the regular thread. Both of them get two days rest. But, this is an advantage for Roger as Rafa does not need the extra day, whereas Roger would truly appreciate it.

2. Fed was on court today for only 3 hours and 35 minutes and the match did not go to five sets. Hence, it cannot have much effect on Roger's performance on Friday.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
I would recommend Roger to throw in one underhanded serve for every three regular serves (at random times). I think underhanded serve against Ralph (who stands miles away from the baseline) is almost like a free point.

Bonaca

Major Winner
Reactions
Here were are, FEDAL SF.
Let’s enjoy it, possibly for the last time in Paris.
I wish the Maestro good luck and hope he will get the bull down.

Reactions: ftan and 10isfan

atttomole

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Nadal wins in 3 close sets if Federer serves well. If Federer does not serve well, then it can be a blowout. Nadal will prolong the points to wear Roger down.

Reactions: Andy22 and 10isfan

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Nadal wins in 3 close sets if Federer serves well. If Federer does not serve well, then it can be a blowout. Nadal will prolong the points to wear Roger down.

Nadal has been broken a few times to nobodies and often hits short balls when rattled. If he goes all passive like that and Roger plays well, he'll punish that kind of lame moon balling. 2011 was a very close match except for the last set when Roger went all passive and stopped being aggressive but Nadal looked hopeless against him in set 1 of their 2011 encounter and had to resort to stopping play to wreck Roger's head and win the set. He won't let crap like that happen now. I say have more faith in Roger. He's gonna go all out here in what is likely to be their last encounter at RG and, with so much on the line, it'll be a bloodbath.

Roger-Federer.jpg

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Actually, since around the 2nd or 3rd round, my feeling is this: I can see a scenario where Federer beats Nadal but loses against whoever is in the final.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Every website says something completely different but a few say between 16c (quite cold for June) to 19c and rain/light showers and cloudy afternoon on Friday and potentially much the same on Sunday 18c-21c light showers and cloudy the rest of the time.

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Every website says something completely different but a few say between 16c (quite cold for June) to 19c and rain/light showers and cloudy afternoon on Friday and potentially much the same on Sunday 18c-21c light showers and cloudy the rest of the time.
Weather is an important factor. If the conditions will be slow it favours Nadal.

The best scenario for Fed is to take that first set and make Nadal guessing what has just happened. His chances will be really low if Nadal takes the first set. Rafa will then start hitting corners and lines and fist pump and all. Fed needs to shake his confidence and the best way to achieve that is by taking the opening set.

I am so thrilled these two are going to play again, but I am not sure I will be able to watch it.

Reactions: Bonaca and lldhub

tented

Administrator
Reactions

I found this (C and F):

C604BFDB-43D2-4F7B-BAC0-EFB8C0D12FAB.jpeg
0B39317C-84A4-45EE-952C-BD9AC9DF199E.jpeg

Last edited: