Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Collins in 3

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Play has been suspended on outside courts until 4.30pm.it is 3.30pm now.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
This looks over.

tenisplayrla08

Major Winner
Reactions
Whoa. Kvitova just getting better by the shot. But... not gonna lie. She plays better indoors. Closing the roof definitely gives her an advantage. Too bad for Collins. Hard for anyone to play with Kvitova when she gets like this. Still a great tournament for Collins.

Perhaps premature technically. But thrilled to see Kvitova make her first AO final. First final outside of Wimbledon. Won 5 titles last year after coming back from her hand surgery but struggled at the slams. I don't think she made a quarterfinal. Thrilled to see her fully back and living up to her seed (the only one to do so on her side of the draw). I do like Osaka and I hope she has a wonderful career. But would love to see Kvitova win this. Would put her at #1 as well and she's never quite made it there before.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Whoa. Kvitova just getting better by the shot. But... not gonna lie. She plays better indoors. Closing the roof definitely gives her an advantage. Too bad for Collins. Hard for anyone to play with Kvitova when she gets like this. Still a great tournament for Collins.

Perhaps premature technically. But thrilled to see Kvitova make her first AO final. First final outside of Wimbledon. Won 5 titles last year after coming back from her hand surgery but struggled at the slams. I don't think she made a quarterfinal. Thrilled to see her fully back and living up to her seed (the only one to do so on her side of the draw). I do like Osaka and I hope she has a wonderful career. But would love to see Kvitova win this. Would put her at #1 as well and she's never quite made it there before.

So, if Osaka and Kvitova are both in the final, is the #1 up for grabs too, in a winner takes all?

Reactions: Moxie

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
If the roof is closed for the final, might as well engrave the trophy now.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Nice for Kvitova. Worthy winner.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
And yet, the roof is closed now and will be for next SF.
Is that determined? And why should it stay closed, then? Temp. drops rather a lot by 8pm. I really think these rules need to be discussed.

tented

Administrator
Reactions
So Kvitova is No. 1 in the live rankings, right? But if Osaka wins her SF, she goes to No. 1, I think.