Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Collins in 3

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Petra previously played Collins in Brisbane it was a long match,Petra hates the heat,going on her flawless tennis against Barty,where did not allow Barty into the match,she has to do the same with Collins,or Collins could upset her.Petra has to win in straight sets.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
It will be hotter today than any other day. Wonder if they will close the roof. An indoor match would be Petra's dream. If it stays an outdoor match, Collins almost seems unstoppable. I think she finds a way to her first slam final where she will play Naomi.

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
the only person who is not dabbling in magic is Collins...Osaka is neck deep in dabbling and other players are joining in...

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Petra has a "self-destruct" button in her. As long as she does not activate that button, she should be able to win it in straight sets.

I am breaking my own promise of not attempting to predict any match involving Petra.

Reactions: tented

tented

Administrator
Reactions
It will be hotter today than any other day. Wonder if they will close the roof. An indoor match would be Petra's dream. If it stays an outdoor match, Collins almost seems unstoppable. I think she finds a way to her first slam final where she will play Naomi.

That’s quite an X factor. If it’s outdoors and the hottest day yet, Kvitova will be in trouble. If the roof is closed, then she has the edge. Impossible to make a prediction without knowing the conditions.

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
i would have thought the organisers will opt to close the roof. kskate why do you say it would be "Petra's Dream" ? How did you come to that ?

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
i would have thought the organisers will opt to close the roof. kskate why do you say it would be "Petra's Dream" ? How did you come to that ?

I have just got a update regarding the weather it is currently 33c forecast high of 36c at present the officials are not closing the roof.Tomorrow it will be 45c ten degrees hotter,where I feel the roof will be closed.

tented

Administrator
Reactions
I have just got a update regarding the weather it is currently 33c forecast high of 36c at present the officials are not closing the roof.Tomorrow it will be 45c ten degrees hotter,where I feel the roof will be closed.
45c?! I had to get my converter app, so that’s 113f — and add several degrees to get what the temp will be on court.

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
lol that's the weather we have now in adelaide. When are these games going to start? Am without power at present, my decision to turn off due to the heat.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
lol that's the weather we have now in adelaide. When are these games going to start? Am without power at present, my decision to turn off due to the heat.

Channel 9 is just giving a quick preview of the players,players are now walking down the tunnel to Rod Laver.

I see the forecast for Adelaide and Melbourne,here in Sydney we are going to cop your weather Saturday and Sunday UGH

Reactions: Vince Evert

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
45c?! I had to get my converter app, so that’s 113f — and add several degrees to get what the temp will be on court.

Probably add another another five degrees hotter on court,though usually one of the tournament officials will come down and take the court temp and also the air pressure temp.

Reactions: tented

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
WTA Heat Rule is now in place,if this match goes to 3 sets,after the 2nd set there will be a 10 minute break.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Petra is an excellent indoor player. Has a great indoor record, look it up if you need clarification.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
ESPN just said the temp is rising. Apparently if it reaches a certain temp, they will close the roof on an even game.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Sam Smith,commentator, said she feels the roof will be closed soon? Rod Laver only takes 5 mins now to close

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
I don't like this rule. Whatever condition they start the match with should be condition it ends with. Don't close the roof in the middle. If you're going to close it at all, do it before the match starts.