2016 Australian Open Semifinal: Murray vs. Raonic

Milos vs. Andy

• Total voters

El Dude

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Who is it going to be, Andy Murray or Milos Raonic?

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Raonic is doing pretty well but his next opponent is a 'tough nut to crack', which one will reach the finals? dificult to figure, by name and paper Muzz but......:huh: :puzzled

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Andy is the top player Milos has had the most success against defeating him 3 times. And back than, he was a less of a player than he is today. Great opportunity for Milos to make his first final in a slam.
I pick him in 4.

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Leaner and meaner :D

Attachments

• raonic.jpg.size.xxlarge.letterbox[1].jpg
    raonic.jpg.size.xxlarge.letterbox[1].jpg
    26 KB · Views: 192

El Dude

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I would love to see Milos breakthough here and become the 2016 version of del Potro. But my question is, has he solves his big issues from before, namely mobility? Of course he'll never be Novak in that regard, but has he improved from a couple years ago? If not, he's going to be stuck in Berdych territory for the rest of his prime.

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
El Dude said:
I would love to see Milos breakthough here and become the 2016 version of del Potro. But my question is, has he solves his big issues from before, namely mobility? Of course he'll never be Novak in that regard, but has he improved from a couple years ago? If not, he's going to be stuck in Berdych territory for the rest of his prime.

You obviously have not watched him, otherwise you would put the question differently.
He has lost weight and moving better. He would not be at the net 50 times during the match if he was as clumsy as 3 years ago.
Of course he will never run like Ferrer or Djokovic. Does he really need to? His rallies are 5-6 exchanges the most. He looks to end his points as soon as possible. And this strategy works so far this season.

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
herios said:
El Dude said:

You obviously have not watched him, otherwise you would put the question differently.
He has lost weight and moving better. He would not be at the net 50 times during the match if he was as clumsy as 3 years ago.
Of course he will never run like Ferrer or Djokovic. Does he really need to? His rallies are 5-6 exchanges the most. He looks to end his points as soon as possible. And this strategy works so far this season.

Well, I am still picking Murray in five. :p :)

shawnbm

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Raonic in Five. He is serving well and he has the forehand cracking heading winners for him.

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
shawnbm said:
Raonic in Five. He is serving well and he has the forehand cracking heading winners for him.

Murray's going to change pace and direction on him, force him to create pace, it's going to be close. Milos is in the semis of a slam, so the nerves will be there and he won't be as sharp on the big points. Andy's been down this road a dozen times.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
The winner of Federer and Djokovic 99.99% wins the whole thing so this match is largely irrelevant. Torn on this one 'cos I can't stand Murray and while Murray wouldn't beat Federer or Djokovic, a final with a serve bot (though he has improved his game a lot other than serve) is not one to wish for either. Can Federer and Djokovic play the semi AND the final ? :p

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Even if he reaches the final and loses he'll only be 200 points ahead which is nothing anyway. He and Federer will trade the number 2 and 3 spots for quite a while I reckon next few months.

mrzz

Hater
Reactions
herios said:
El Dude said:

It is a fact that he has improved a lot. The bh is much better and he runs around the bh faster to, I guess that this is the main reason why his inside out forehand is that much better.

However, one thing that I think is still the same is his reaction time on the serve. Monfils aced him a lot just with good placement.

Murray in hard fought four.

Srini

Futures Player
Reactions
Raonic in 4. He is playing well and will spare us the Murray - Djokovic final.

I.Haychew

Major Winner
Reactions
I'm liking what I'm seeing in the present version of Raonic, but I just don't see him beating Murray. Murray's just too good of a returner and, as they say, he loves a target. I'll take Murray. I want to see either a Djokovic/Murray final or a Federer/Murray final.

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Whoever is going to win I'd love to see him lifting the Trophy. If Raonic would win the final he would be the first one of this last younger generation to win a GS and it's about time! :cool: