2015 Davis Cup

Kirijax

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Murray seems to clutch up when serving for something. He managed to regroup again and took the set 7-5. He has to be tired and can't even begin to imagine the pressure he's under. Just two more sets but it's a long ways away.

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Interestingly, Argentina after taking a 2-1 lead over Belgium, are replacing their top player Mayer with Schwartzman. Mayer was the main contributor up to this point, scoring a win over Darcis and being part of the doubles winning team as well, with Berlocq. Perhaps he is tired playing 8 sets these past 2 days.

Kirijax

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
herios said:
Interestingly, Argentina after taking a 2-1 lead over Belgium, are replacing their top player Mayer with Schwartzman. Mayer was the main contributor up to this point, scoring a win over Darcis and being part of the doubles winning team as well, with Berlocq. Perhaps he is tired playing 8 sets these past 2 days.

An opening for Belgium?

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Fabio Fognini takes some inspiration from fiancé Flavia and scores 3 victories (one with Bolelli in doubles), assuring Italy's victory.

Kirijax

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
herios said:
Fabio Fognini takes some inspiration from fiancé Flavia and scores 3 victories (one with Bolelli in doubles), assuring Italy's victory.

They both won a Grand Slam this year. Fognini took the Australian Open doubles and Pennetta took the USO. Some couples have it all.

JesuslookslikeBorg

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
wooooooooooot. :woohoos

Britain just one set away from first dc final since 1978.

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Jack Sock defeats Istomin in 4 sets and clinches the victory for the USA over Uzbekistan.

Kirijax

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Murray does it! Beats Tomic in straight sets to seal GRB's place in the Davis Cup final! First since 1978!

:clap

Kirijax

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Murray looking to add to his trophy collection!

CPWqQ_NUwAAlno_.jpg

pavlik89

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKaT8IzTDTw[/video]

dante1976

Futures Player
Reactions
Congrats Andy! He basically beat Aussies by himself... GB is huge favorite against who ever wins in Belgium/Argentina clash.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
So, Andy has another chance to put Perry's Ghost to rest. GBR has not won a DC title since 1936 when Fred Perry won one for GBR. :clap

Perhaps, we should expect a knighthood for Andy after bringing home the big DC trophy or will they wait until he retires.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
As expected Fed does express job against Thiemo DeBakker and ensures Swiss is in world group.

Both Fed and Stan say that they are not committing to play in DC next year.

However, Fed did not openly announce that he is retiring from DC.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Rafa slayer, Steve Darcis wins the final rubber sending Belgium to DC final for the first time since 1904. Now, that Belgium have won, they will host the DC finals. So, the Brits can forget about home crowd support. But, they should still win it though.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Kirijax said:

CPWqQ_NUwAAlno_.jpg

With Murray's work ethic and ability, is he an underachiever or overachiever? I say he could do more and underachieved, but overachieved with his current mindset of being a defensive counter-puncher! :cover :nono :angel: :dodgy:

Kirijax

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Fiero425 said:
Kirijax said:

CPWqQ_NUwAAlno_.jpg

With Murray's work ethic and ability, is he an underachiever or overachiever? I say he could do more and underachieved, but overachieved with his current mindset of being a defensive counter-puncher! :cover :nono :angel: :dodgy:

LOL Whatever dude. I'll focus on what my favorite player has accomplished and root for him to achieve more in the future. And I like his style of play.

Denis

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Apparently Murray might skip wtf for Davis Cup, that's some commitment that will def make it harder next year to challenge Novak for number 1. Praiseworthy and I def. don't mind, will be rooting for Belgium tho.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Denisovich said:
Apparently Murray might skip wtf for Davis Cup, that's some commitment that will def make it harder next year to challenge Novak for number 1. Praiseworthy and I def. don't mind, will be rooting for Belgium tho.

He might skip this year, but not next year. So, you are projecting here.

Once you win the DC title for your country, you are basically checking an item off from a (stupid) list. It does not matter how many DCs you win; your stock does not go up.

So, I am very sure that Murray will not skip the WTF to save him for the DC next year.

This year anyway Novak has already achieved YE #1.

If you are talking about reaching no. 1 sometime during the year, it may be difficult and I agree with you.

Denis

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Im not talking about YE#1.