2015 Davis Cup

TennisFanatic7

Major Winner
Reactions
Website
tennisfanaticblog.weebly.com
Jo Willy could beat Andy on grass but not sure about the others. Likewise I struggle to see Wardy beating any of the French singles players although I wouldn't rule him out as he loves his Davis Cup heroics. The doubles will be pivotal in that tie, tough decision for us whether to use Andy or stick to the Dom Into it Jamie Murray combo which was so impressive against the Bryans.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk

JesuslookslikeBorg

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Wimbledon won't be used for gb tie vs france, its less than a week after the major finishes, mood music is about playing at queens club where they will have had a bigger window of time to recover the grass after atp500 tourney there.

isabelle

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Argentina / Serbia on clay (indoor). Poor Nole !!

Kirijax

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
What's going on over there in Spain? Conchita is the DAVIS Cup captain?!

Conchita Martinez to take over as Spain's Davis Cup captain

tennis-martinez-conchita-davis-cup_3322118.jpg

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Fiero425 said:
Kirijax said:

Well that doesn't make sense! Didn't Rafa and the rest of the Spanish misogynist team write a letter objecting to the last female DC Captain? :cover :puzzled :nono :angel: :dodgy:

You shouldn't talk if don't have any idea why all the Spaniards tennis players didn't like Gala but nothing against to have a female DC Captain

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Fiero425 said:
Kirijax said:

Well that doesn't make sense! Didn't Rafa and the rest of the Spanish misogynist team write a letter objecting to the last female DC Captain? :cover :puzzled :nono :angel: :dodgy:

Apparently the issue was not that Gala Leon was a female, rather that the players were not consulted about who was named as captain. Seems that they are OK with Conchita.

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Raonic will skip DC tie, he is not yet fully fit.

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Kirijax said:
herios said:

So it's up to Canada's new hero, Pospisil. But can he beat Goffin?

Most likely it will come down to the rest of the team of Belgium and Canada and not Goffin nand Pospisil, and that is where Belgium will have the edge I am afraid.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
herios said:
Kirijax said:
herios said:

So it's up to Canada's new hero, Pospisil. But can he beat Goffin?

Most likely it will come down to the rest of the team of Belgium and Canada and not Goffin nand Pospisil, and that is where Belgium will have the edge I am afraid.

No, I disagree. On the opening day, we can safely assume that Goffin will beat Canada #2 and Popsicle will beat Belgium #2. The doubles will go to Canada with the 80 year old veteran Nestor being there. Then, Canada will be up 2-1. The 4th match will be Popsicle vs. Goffin. If Pops can pull it off Canada wins (chances are less given that it is in clay). But, Goffin cannot secure victory for his country. Even if he beats Pops, the match will be decided by the battle between the weaklings of the two teams.

Kirijax

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Pospisil is out now too.

Vasek Pospisil ‏@VasekPospisil 5h5 hours ago
Devastated to announce that after MRI results on my wrist, I won't be able to play Davis Cup next week. Hoping to be back as soon as I can

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Kirijax said:
Pospisil is out now too.

Vasek Pospisil ‏@VasekPospisil 5h5 hours ago
Devastated to announce that after MRI results on my wrist, I won't be able to play Davis Cup next week. Hoping to be back as soon as I can

Belgium moves on to SF.

isabelle

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Robredo and Andujar"ll play vs Russia, Ferrer said he didn't know when he'ld be back on court, his elbow is stiill painful

Kirijax

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
isabelle said:
Robredo and Andujar"ll play vs Russia, Ferrer said he didn't know when he'ld be back on court, his elbow is stiill painful

Wow, I hope this doesn't turn into a long term thing for Ferrer. He's no whipper snapper who can just bounce back from injury!

Kirijax

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
The quarterfinals of the 2015 Davis Cup will be held this weekend, July 17-19.

Davis Cup Draw

We have the following matchups:

France at Great Britain: Queen's Club (grass)
GBvsFRA_zpssvqbb0ee.png

This could be the most interesting match up in the quarterfinals. In Davis Cup. you're only as good as your second man. That's where Great Britain is going to have some problems winning this match. Murray will play but he can only bring in two wins.

Kazakhstan at Australia: Marrara Sporting Complex, Darwin, Australia (grass)
AUSvsKAZ_zpsmg5bwm4a.png

Australia definitely has the advantage here. As long as Kyrgios can behave himself.

Serbia at Australia: Tecnopolis, Buenos Aires, Argentina (red clay)
SERvsARG_zpshdzgavl2.png

Even without Djokovic in the lineup, Serbia has the advantage on paper. Wide one contest.

Canada at Belgium: Sportpark Krokodiel, Middelkerke (Ostend), Belgium (red clay)
BELvsCAN_zpsm31g2ysa.png

Canada has been hit by the injury bug, with Raonic and Pospisil both not playing in this one. With Goffin leading the way, Beligium has a great chance for an "upset".

Lots of top players missing this week. And the top of the draw looks much more competitive than the bottom.