2015 Davis Cup

Kirijax

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Japan brings in So instead of Ito for the deciding match? Must be something wrong with Ito.

Murat Baslamisli

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
www.drummershangout.ca
First set is 4-4 on serve. I might be wrong but Vasek looks tired. Soeda would be wise to just stay in this and drag it out as much as he can. Of course he can go ahead and win it in straights too but if this goes long, it is not good for Popsicle.

Kirijax

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Still wondering why Soeda is in for Ito. Soeda is not exactly mentally strong. We all saw that yesterday. No one thinks he can win this.

Kirijax

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
So Switzerland's reign as Davis Cup Champions last all of 104 days. That's one of the problems with the DC. The champions are given no time to enjoy it and spend a year as the champs. It can be over so quickly.

Kirijax

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
1972Murat said:
Popsicle breaks and will serve for the second set, 5-3.

No surprise. Soeda is a bad choice for a deciding match for Japan. I'd rather put Nishioka in there. Looks like Canada will beat Japan for the first time ever in DC competition!

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Kirijax said:
So Switzerland's reign as Davis Cup Champions last all of 104 days. That's one of the problems with the DC. The champions are given no time to enjoy it and spend a year as the champs. It can be over so quickly.

It didn't have to be over! They could have signed up again, but chose not to! We had the same problem here in the States; our stars played when they felt like it! Actually cost the Captain his job, took on John McEnroe thinking they would flock to his leadership and he was gone in 6 months before his brother Pat took over! Now Courier's in trouble losing in the 1st round in consecutive seasons, but he has no real players! :nono :puzzled :angel: :dodgy: :cover

Kirijax

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
So we've got:

France at Great Britain
Kazakhstan at Australia
Serbia at Brazil or Argentina
Canada vs. Belgium

Australia's team is interesting. They might beat France. But only to lose in the final to Serbia.

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Mayer-Souza match has been the longest single played in a DC, 6h and 42 minutes :eyepop

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
1972Murat said:
Popsicle closes the deal. Well done. He played all three days.
I was concerned for him, not to get injured but he pulled through. He is a trooper;)

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
First time in nearly a decade that Australia has made the q/finals of a Davis Cup tie

:clap

Kirijax

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
fashionista said:
First time in nearly a decade that Australia has made the q/finals of a Davis Cup tie

Really? Has it been that long? Good on them! I think they can beat France!

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
fashionista said:

They just haven't had more than one star since the days of Philippousis, Rafter, and Hewitt OTTH! [:puzzled :nono I still remember over 20 years ago the US went over with Gilbert, played on grass and lost to a current tournament director; Wally Massur and Mark Woodforde! Neither were that great in singles, but they blew him out of the water in '93! :cover :nono :angel: :dodgy:

JesuslookslikeBorg

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Kirijax said:

switzerlands dc reign has not ended..they remain title holders until whatever country wins in November.

title defence is over, not reign as champions.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
JesuslookslikeBorg said:
Kirijax said:

Switzerland's DC reign has not ended. They remain title holders until whatever country wins in November.

Title defense is over, not reign as champions.

I guess, but couldn't care less! I hate when top players won't commit to DC! It can't be that much more added their schedule and they do get points! What's the problem with these people? :nono :cover :angel:

Kirijax

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
JesuslookslikeBorg said:
Kirijax said:

switzerlands dc reign has not ended..they remain title holders until whatever country wins in November.

title defence is over, not reign as champions.

yeah, yeah yeah, you know what I mean :cool:

They are out. The crown sits on an empty throne, waiting to be claimed by the next champ. Once a defending champ is out, that's how I tend to view it. Isn't that how they say it when a champ goes out in a regular tournament? "So-and-So's reign as Wimbledon champion ended today as he was ousted by Federer in the 2nd round."