2015 ATP 250: Sydney International

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
The Fog wins the 1st set in 42 minutes 6-4..nice hands at the net from The Fog,Del Potro got to it,then The Fog put up a well weighted lob,Del Potro tried a tweener,failed big time and found the net

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Del Potro breaks,The Fog ufe on his bhand and loss of concentration,Del Potro leads 3-1.2nd set

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Last couple of service games from The Fog have been poor,a double fault,Del Potro breaks and wins the 2nd set 62..1 set all,we are going to a 3rd and final set.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
The Fog shows his usual bad behavior on court and smashes his racquet,Fergus Murphy didnt give him a warning at all?

Fog saves 2 BPs with good bhands.Del Potro breaks as The Fog fhand long.Del Potro leads 3-1 2nd set

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Del Potro consolidates his breaks and leads 4-1 in the 3rd set,it is apparent at times in this match,the lack of match play from Del Potro,though this is to be expected,in saying that Del Potro knows how to win matches.

Meanwhile the Fog Has Lost The Plot? we have seen this script soo many times,he is such a unprofessional player to me,thank goodness the Italian women who play in the WTA are professional and take their tennis as a profession serious.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
The Fog was actually talking to his left wrist? he also asked his box when can he get to Melbourne,Italian is my native tongue btw:)

Footwork lets The Fog down his 36 UFE ,,bhand long

Del Potro d Fognini 46 62 62

Vamos Big Man...Del Potro now has made the q.final with this win.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
fashionista said:
TsarMatt said:
herios said:
Janowicz - Kyrgios 6-1, 6-7, 7-6

I'm not surprised, really. Kyrgios really needs to work on his fitness and concentration - he'll be going into the AO, a best-of-5-set tournament, with only one competeive match under his belt.

You haven't heard the latest news regarding Kyrgios? he is in doubt for the AO,after his match,he has suffered a left knee injury also his back isnt 100%,he was having 3 physio sessions a day just to play at Apia.Also there were rumors afloat that he has 'stress fractures in his back' his camp denied it.

Just some updated news from Todd Woodbridge regarding Nick Krygios,his coach Larkham is still confident even with the niggling injuries,Nick will be able to play at the Australian Open,he has pulled out of the doubles at Apia International and is heading to Melbourne.

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Good on you fashioista. You doing great reporting these matches. Keep up the good work mate. Very happy to see the gentle Giant Juan Martin Del Potro back after almost a year being sidelined. He'll most likely be unseeded at the Australian next week but could be a dangerous floater (provided he's 100 percent recovered). Let's hope he eliminates Nadal or Djokovic in the early rounds. I'd love to see that. Hahahahahahahaha

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
fashionista said:
fashionista said:
TsarMatt said:
I'm not surprised, really. Kyrgios really needs to work on his fitness and concentration - he'll be going into the AO, a best-of-5-set tournament, with only one competeive match under his belt.

You haven't heard the latest news regarding Kyrgios? he is in doubt for the AO,after his match,he has suffered a left knee injury also his back isnt 100%,he was having 3 physio sessions a day just to play at Apia.Also there were rumors afloat that he has 'stress fractures in his back' his camp denied it.

Just some updated news from Todd Woodbridge regarding Nick Krygios,his coach Larkham is still confident even with the niggling injuries,Nick will be able to play at the Australian Open,he has pulled out of the doubles at Apia International and is heading to Melbourne.

THat would be very very disappointing. Could he at least play the doubles ? Hey what's the doubles going to be like at this year AO ? Best of 3 sets and without the traditional deuce (where you need to win by two points) ?

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
MrT said:
Good on you fashioista. You doing great reporting these matches. Keep up the good work mate. Very happy to see the gentle Giant Juan Martin Del Potro back after almost a year being sidelined. He'll most likely be unseeded at the Australian next week but could be a dangerous floater (provided he's 100 percent recovered). Let's hope he eliminates Nadal or Djokovic in the early rounds. I'd love to see that. Hahahahahahahaha

Hmmm I happen to be a big Rafa fan,I have followed him since he first came on the tour,seen him live overea's many times,including his first win at RG in 2005,also many times after that also at Rome,I am going to RG this year and hope to see Rafa win his 10th GS title,he is the Greatest Clay Courter in the world,period,Borg was my idol.

In regards to the AO,I would love to see Rafa win the AO in 2015,he would be Karma for me,what happened to Rafa in that final,I am not a Wawrinka fan,though he deserved his win.

mrzz

Hater
Reactions
Good to see del Potro winning matches again. The highlights still show a very soft backhand. Is it that soft, Fashionista?

Grazie per il rapporto...

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
mrzz said:
Good to see del Potro winning matches again. The highlights still show a very soft backhand. Is it that soft, Fashionista?

Grazie per il rapporto...

Yep he is still having trouble with his bhand,to be expected,still he needs the match play.

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
fashionista said:
MrT said:

Hmmm I happen to be a big Rafa fan,I have followed him since he first came on the tour,seen him live overea's many times,including his first win at RG in 2005,also many times after that also at Rome,I am going to RG this year and hope to see Rafa win his 10th GS title,he is the Greatest Clay Courter in the world,period,Borg was my idol.

In regards to the AO,I would love to see Rafa win the AO in 2015,he would be Karma for me,what happened to Rafa in that final,I am not a Wawrinka fan,though he deserved his win.

LOL Well I share your enthusiasm over Borg's legacy and invite you to my YT channel (tenniscollector). I use the slogan 'Old Times They R Not Forgotten'. Nadal to me I find boring because he basically plays the same style and hasn't added anything to his game. He should have done when he was ranked #1. Djokovic who is currently #1 is on the same page.
A Nadal-Djokovic match up I really would these days find boring to watch as the courts at Melbourne Park are probably going to be slow to medium. Yeah Stan has been a complete disappointment since he won here last year. I thought having got the monkey off his back Wawrinka would have mount a serious and sustained challenge to Djokovic and Nadal. It never happened.

TsarMatt

Major Winner
Reactions
fashionista said:
TsarMatt said:
herios said:
Janowicz - Kyrgios 6-1, 6-7, 7-6

:eyepop

c455fa62d11ff44225155a086ef27d1a.500x242x6.gif

Big-Show-starts-to-cry.gif

I've been so busy today so I never checked the news! I just came home now - is this really true? I noticed he pointed to his knee near the end of the match, but I never thought it was anything that serious! This can't be happening.

EDIT: Just saw your update. Let's hope it's true.

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Meanwhile Goffin got defeated by Bplleli by 6-, 6-3 and Tomic ousts Kohlschreiber 6-3, 6-4.
So now, top 3 seed here are gone.

isabelle

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Hope Delpo can defend his title. vamos Tower of Tandil !!

shawnbm

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
The Big Man from Tandil is back in the mix!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so elated by this development. We can have him and Nadal back in the big events, and Hewitt is still around to boot!! It should be a scintillating fortnight in Melbourne. Vamos!

mrzz

Hater
Reactions
I am a big fan of del Potro, but judging from what I saw so far (which is not much), he can't handle a top 10 right now. In fact, maybe not even a top 20. He beat a top 20, that's true, but it was Fognini... anyone with half a forehand would devour his backhand, at least for now. Hope it changes soon, though.