QFs BETT10PEN Tournament, Friday June 23rd,

E. Alexandrova vs V.Kudermetova
(3) Garcia vs P.Kvitova (7)
(6) M.Sakkari vs M.Vondrousova
D.Vekic vs E.Ananesyan

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Oh pls, "nursing an injury?" She's an old lady trying to compete with kids; that's her real problem! Spare me the BS; NO OFFENSE! :face-with-hand-over-mouth::anxious-face-with-sweat::face-with-tears-of-joy:
You dont watch the womens game for starters, if you had, , you would have known Venus had a bad fall on the grass in her first match, injured her knee and leg, had to take a MTO and went onto win the match? another player would have retired, yes even a youngster, she was in tears at the changeover, got up, dusted herself off and went onto to win the match.I strongly suggest before coming onto the WTA post you either start watching womens matches or get your facts straight before having a go at Venus? or any other player for that matter? Venus On One Leg played a very competitive match and she pushed it to 3 sets against Ostapenko!

Last edited:
Reactions: tossip

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Oh pls, "nursing an injury?" She's an old lady trying to compete with kids; that's her real problem! Spare me the BS; NO OFFENSE! :face-with-hand-over-mouth::anxious-face-with-sweat::face-with-tears-of-joy:
Well she beat one "kid" the other day and lost to penko because of the injury.

• Haha
Reactions: Fiero425

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Martina Navratilova did the same thing; came out of retirement to win match on grass at 42+, then was done! Venus accomplished the same thing!
We get that you dont like Venus okay, why dont you try to keep in the present and actually watch the womens game for starters. We dont need a history lesson from you thanks.
Venus has a wild card to Wimbledon, she will retire on her own terms for starters.

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Iga Swiatek has picked up a new sponsor Porsche ( my favorite car) she wont have to win Stuttgart next year lol!

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
There are rumors that Berlin QFs matches has been cancelled for the day, just saw a tweet from Caroline Garcia 'it is raining cats and dogs'

Reactions: AnonymousFan

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Venus Williams on Mental Health,

" You can be the strongest, fastest player in the world, but if you're not mentally strong you'll never be able to succeed. If I weren't consciously working to sustain my mental health, I wouldn't be able to play as long as I have at this level".

Reactions: kskate2 and tossip

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Berlin QF matches has been cancelled today, I will wait to see what schedule the officials have tomorrow, which should have been the SFs, maybe they will have to play both? because of the time factor, hopefully the rain will have gone
There will be a double header for Berlin tomorrow, waiting for the new playing schedule.

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Revised schedule for BETT10PEN Tournament, Berlin
Saturday 24th June QF and SF, good news weather forecast is looking fine

Starting at 10.30am local time,
Steffi Grad Stadium

(6) M.Sakkari vs M.Vondrousova
(3) C. Garcia vs P.Kvitova (7)

Court 1
D.Vekic vs E.Ananesyan LL
V.Kudermetova vs E. Alexandrova

After suitable rest
SFs,

(6) M.Sakarri or M.Vondrousova vs D.Vekic or E. Avanesyan LL
(3) C. Garcia or P.Kvitova (7) vs V.Kudermetova or E. Alexansdrova

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Venus Williams on Mental Health,

" You can be the strongest, fastest player in the world, but if you're not mentally strong you'll never be able to succeed. If I weren't consciously working to sustain my mental health, I wouldn't be able to play as long as I have at this level".
The queen has spoken,and knows what she is talking about.She has endured a lot from racism on tour , the media and other players ,Sjogren,being compared to Serena and being somewhat in her shadow,and ageism .She has to be so tough to have all this on her shoulders.Fighting for equal pay and defending marginalized players.Fighting home invasion and being sued by scammers.

• Love
Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Rothesay Classic, Birmingham,
SF matches Saturday 24th June,

B. Krejcikova (1) vs L.Zhu
J. Ostapenko (2) vs A.Potapova (4)

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
The queen has spoken,and knows what she is talking about.She has endured a lot from racism on tour , the media and other players ,Sjogren,being compared to Serena and being somewhat in her shadow,and ageism .She has to be so tough to have all this on her shoulders.Fighting for equal pay and defending marginalized players.Fighting home invasion and being sued by scammers.

Sorry, but I'm not gonna take her word on that or anything these days! I used to give women the benefit of the doubt, but I've found of late they exaggerate, feel a certain way & intrepret it differently, or just outright lie looking for commiseration! I'm over it & all their BS! I'm gonna make Venus confirm such bad treatment when she's rich, can go anywhere she damn well pleases in the world, & receive thunderous applause just walking into a room! "CRY ME A FK'N VENUS!" :loudly-crying-face: Check my pic, I can say this w/ impunity! We didn't grow up the same, but I know in these days & times, you have to go looking for something to offend! A lot of it is just in their heads! :pleading-face::astonished-face::anxious-face-with-sweat::angry-face::face-with-head-bandage:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Sorry, but I'm not gonna take her word on that or anything these days! I used to give women the benefit of the doubt, but I've found of late they exaggerate, feel a certain way & intrepret it differently, or just outright lie looking for commiseration! I'm over it & all their BS! I'm gonna make Venus confirm such bad treatment when she's rich, can go anywhere she damn well pleases in the world, & receive thunderous applause just walking into a room! "CRY ME A FK'N VENUS!" :loudly-crying-face: Check my pic, I can say this w/ impunity! We didn't grow up the same, but I know in these days & times, you have to go looking for something to offend! A lot of it is just in their heads! !
Tossip
You can answer this poster if you want, I feel the best way is to just ignore the poster, the poster has shown in the past cannot stand the Williams' sisters period! answering the poster just gives more fuel to give condescending comments period!, the poster cannot be objective at all where the Williams' sisters are concerned ! he is a First Class Pest!

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
It appears that Caroline Garcia will not be defending her title at Bad Homburg, Germany this year, she has taken a WC at Eastbourne which starts in 3 days
Garcia is in the SF at Berlin tomorrow, she plays Petra Kvitova

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Results of QFs from Berlin tournament,

P.Kvitova d C. Garcia 64 76(3)
E.Alexandrova gets a walkover to the SF as V.Kudermetova withdrew
D.Veckic d E. Avanesyan LL 62 76(0)
M. Sakkari (6) d M.Vondrousova 76(7) 61

Status
Not open for further replies.