11. Karen Khachanov
12. Denis Shapovalov
13. Cristian Garin
14. Grigor Dimitrov
15. Felix Auger-Aliiassime
16. John Isner

AP20148574812280.jpg

The Tournament:

The Cincinnati Flushing Meadows Masters (currently sponsored by the Western & Southern Financial Group and called the Western & Southern Open) is the second largest summer tennis event in the U.S. after the U.S. Open, as its men's portion is one of nine elite Masters 1000 tournaments on the ATP World Tour and its women's event is one of five Premier 5 events on the WTA Tour.

The tournament began in 1899 and is the oldest tennis tournament in the United States.

TV Coverage:

Asia:
Afghanistan - MSM (Sony)
Bangladesh - MSM (Sony)
Bhutan - MSM (Sony)
China - CCTV
China - Iqiyi
Shanghai - Shanghai Media
Hong Kong - PCCW
India - MSM (Sony)
Japan - WOWOW
Japan - NHK
Japan - Gaora Sports Channel
South Korea - Eclat
Malaysia - Measat (Astro Supersport)
Maldives - MSM (Sony)
Nepal - MSM (Sony)
Pakistan - MSM (Sony)
Philippines - Elite Sport
Singapore - Starhub (Supersports)
Sri Lanka - MSM (Sony)
Taiwan - Sino Catch (Sportcast)
Thailand - Cineplex (Truevisions)
Vietnam - Canal+ Overseas

Middle East:
Israel - Charlton/Sport1
MENA - BeIn Sport

Americas:
Brazil - Globosat
Canada - Tennis Canada/Rogers Sportsnet
Canada - TSN
Caribbean - ESPN International
South America - ESPN International
United States - Tennis Channel
United States - ESPN (Indian Wells, Miami, Nitto ATP Finals)
United States - ESPN (Canada, Cincinnati)

Africa:
Africa - Canal+ Overseas/Africa
Africa - Supersport
MENA - BeIn Sport

Australasia:
Australasia - ESPN International

Europe:
Albania - Supersport
Andorra - Sogecable/Telefonica (Movistar)
Andorra - TVE (Siccative)
Austria - Sky Deutschland
Belgium - BeTV
Belgium - Telenet (Play Sports)
Bosnia & Herzegovina - United Media (IKO Sportklub)
Bulgaria - MTEL/A1
Croatia - United Media (IKO Sportklub)
Cyprus - CYTA
Czech Republic - Tolano (Digi Sport)
Denmark - Modern Times Group (TV3)
Finland - MTV3
France - Eurosport
France - Canal+
Georgia - Silk Media
Georgia - Adjara
Germany - Sky Deutschland
Greece - Hellenic (OTE TV)
Hungary - RCS & RDS (Digisport)
Italy, San Marino & Vatican City - Sky Italia
Kosovo - Supersport
Lichtenstein - Sky Deutschland
Luxembourg - BeTV
Luxembourg - Sky Deutschland
Montenegro - United Media (IKO Sportklub)
Netherlands - Fox Sports
North Macedonia - United Media (IKO Sportklub)
Norway - Modern Times Group (Viaplay)
Poland - Polsat
Portugal - Sport TV
Romania - RCS & RDS (Digisport)
Russia - Eurosport
Serbia - RTS
Serbia - United Media (IKO Sportklub)
Slovakia - Tolano (Digi Sport)
Slovenia - United Media (IKO Sportklub)
Spain - Sogecable/Telefonica (Movistar)
Spain - TVE (Siccative)
Switzerland - Sky Deutschland
Switzerland - SRG
Sweden - Modern Times Group (Viaplay)
Turkey - Saran (agent to many channels)

Worldwide:
Worldwide - Tennis TV

Last edited:

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I saw that Felix won his match today over Basilashvili. Medvedev in Djokovic's half, so potential rematch of last year on offer.

Reactions: AnonymousFan

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Murray beat Tiafoe in 3. His first tour win in quite a while. He'll be my sentimental favorite to win the USO. (Why not?) Movement is not the same, though. Next up for him is Zverev.

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Great to see some tennis back on TV. Of course it’s not the same without the Great Nadal but hopefully a nice fellow like Felix can break through and save humanity from the many savage racket breakers like Djokovic, Zverev, Tsitsipas, etc.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Murray beat Tiafoe in 3. His first tour win in quite a while. He'll be my sentimental favorite to win the USO. (Why not?) Movement is not the same, though. Next up for him is Zverev

Interested to see the effect's of new coach David Ferrer,hopefully the mental aspect of Zverev can improve under David Ferrer.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Right, I forgot...Ferrer now in Zverev's corner. May be too early to tell, but if Zverev could take even a portion of David's discipline and grit, it would serve him well. (And speaking of his serve....)

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Right, I forgot...Ferrer now in Zverev's corner. May be too early to tell, but if Zverev could take even a portion of David's discipline and grit, it would serve him well. (And speaking of his serve....)

There is a list of improvement's in his game, lol! time will tell,David is soo hyper I wonder if he can sit down for long,we shall see.

Also Big Shout out to the Ball Kids who are doing a great job.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Shapo v. Cilic now. Denis still showing his flare and lack of discipline. I'll be rooting for him, but won't be holding my breath. Nice to see the return of competitive tennis, for real.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Novak Djokovic out of his doubles match due to neck pain.He and Filip Krajinovic are replaced with the alternate team of Nikola Cacic and Duscan Lajovic.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Novak Djokovic out of his doubles match due to neck pain.He and Filip Krajinovic are replaced with the alternate team of Nikola Cacic and Duscan Lajovic.
This is a piece from the NYTimes, in which Djokovic does say that he did have mild symptoms when he had Covid. He also wonders if the US Open should have considered playing best-of-3 this year.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
This is a piece from the NYTimes, in which Djokovic does say that he did have mild symptoms when he had Covid. He also wonders if the US Open should have considered playing best-of-3 this year.

I read that piece yesterday.....he is renting a house in NYC,Serena Williams is doing the same,quite frankly I would prefer to be 'in the bubble'......I also think he has withdrawn from doubles as a precaution.Personally I think GS should be the best of five sets,even in these uncertain times.

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

Wow so 3 Fast Court slams per year are not enough for Djokovic and Federer they have to now ask for even more, like best of 3-set slams? Meanwhile Nadal with only 1 Slow Court slam per year gets crucified for suggesting a surface “rotation” for the year-end tournament. :facepalm:

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I read that piece yesterday.....he is renting a house in NYC,Serena Williams is doing the same,quite frankly I would prefer to be 'in the bubble'......I also think he has withdrawn from doubles as a precaution.Personally I think GS should be the best of five sets,even in these uncertain times.
I agree that he's withdrawn from doubles as a "precaution." We might see tomorrow in singles, but I doubt he's seriously hurting. I don't see the difference between being in a private house with security monitoring and being in the "bubble." I think it's nice if you can afford it. They all still have to stick to protocols.

I also agree about best-of-5...I just thought it was slightly weird that Novak suggested it, and I pointed it out for that reason...in case the forums wanted to discuss. I'm guessing people will find their way back here, now that real tennis is being played.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Very good Tsitsipas over a not great serving Anderson.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Kind of everything going on tomorrow, on the men's side. Medvedev at 11am. Very interested to see how he comes back. Murray v. Zverev. Thiem has to play Krajinovic. Djokovic back in action. Schwartzman v. Opelka for the David v. Goliath.

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
It's nice to have tennis back even without spectators. I would still prefer to have some audience like they did in Palermo and in Prague, but it is what it is, at least we have top tennis players competing again.

Hardly any surprises in R1 of men's draw, looks like the season wasn't even stopped.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
It's nice to have tennis back even without spectators. I would still prefer to have some audience like they did in Palermo and in Prague, but it is what it is, at least we have top tennis players competing again.

Hardly any surprises in R1 of men's draw, looks like the season wasn't even stopped.

Nice to see you back Don!