US Politics Thread

Jelenafan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I watched a documentary about the woman who set up the first sanctuary for women who suffer spousal violence. I was amazed to find that the data on spousal violence is much more nuanced than the MSM would have us believe. Did you know that
  • women are almost as likely (I believe the differential is less than 5%) to be violent to their partners as men?
  • that spousal violence in lesbian relationships is as common as in heterosexual relationships? And it's the fastest growing component of intimate partner violence?
  • that more than half of the women who claim to have suffered violence from their partners, not only dished out the violence themselves, but initiated it?
Ask yourself why this information is not commonly known... Hang tough brother and don't concede to quickly on these things. Women like @Moxie and lady-men like @Jelenafan will have their dialectical way with you otherwise...
“Lady-men?” Must be a Federberg new classification from his research. Whatever , dude.

• Haha
Reactions: Federberg

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
I just said this is an issue that has resonance with alot of women. Why are you always framing things as “liberal” or “conservative” ? If there is an issue to which there is alot of ambivalence it’s that one, on both sides. My point was that the transgender issue is not the only hot potato issue impacting women.
I don’t disagree that there are a multiplicity of issues that women face. But if it affects women it affects men. Men have a right to a view. As for the transgender issue, perhaps the problem is that you miss the actual problem that we have an issue with. It’s worse than the obvious depravity. It’s about truth on a fundamental level. For my part, it was bad enough having had to deal with Trump. We were living in an Emperor’s new clothes type of world. We escape that bat shit craziness… and discover that the entire Western world is now doing the same shit at scale. Excuse me if I’m pissed about it.

Why are you always framing things as if only specific identity groups are permitted to discuss or have a view about topics? If I’m framing things along conservative/liberal lines (and I don’t agree), at least it offers more scope than the much narrower identitarian path you seem to want to take. One frame at least has some relevance in the real world. The other is just proto-Marxist waste product…

Last edited:

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
so it's official.. Biden running again. I think the country needed boring after Trump. If Trump wasn't running again I would be horrified by this. But I honestly don't see anyone out there who can beat Trump. Incumbency is hard to defeat...

Reactions: Moxie

Jelenafan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I don’t disagree that there are a multiplicity of issues that women face. But if it affects women it affects men. Men have a right to a view. As for the transgender issue, perhaps the problem is that you miss the actual problem that we have an issue with. It’s worse than the obvious depravity. It’s about truth on a fundamental level. For my part, it was bad enough having had to deal with Trump. We were living in an Emperor’s new clothes type of world. We escape that bat shit craziness… and discover that the entire Western world is now doing the same shit at scale. Excuse me if I’m pissed about it.

Why are you always framing things as if only specific identity groups are permitted to discuss or have a view about topics? If I’m framing things along conservative/liberal lines (and I don’t agree), at least it offers more scope than much narrower identitarian path you seem to want to take. One frame at least has some relevance in the real world. The other is just proto-Marxist waste product…
Whoooaa… sorry Federberg , but discussion is fair game, no? It seems buddy only yourself wants to have an opinion on these matters and you categorize dismiss other opinions in broad terms. Weren’t you the one talking about how we should ask these ethnic groups if theyre actually offended LOL. Everytime i say something you go on some anti liberal tirade categorizing me.

Women are the ones who actually get pregnant that actually have or dont have abortions, so its an issue that has special resonance with them. I can talk about childbirth but i dunno , not the same thing as a woman discussing childbirth. Thats common sense. Of course us guys can have opinions, but dang, I thought that point was fairly obvious.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Whoooaa… sorry Federberg , but discussion is fair game, no? It seems buddy only yourself wants to have an opinion on these matters and you categorize dismiss other opinions in broad terms. Weren’t you the one talking about how we should ask these ethnic groups if theyre actually offended LOL. Everytime i say something you go on some anti liberal tirade categorizing me.

Women are the ones who actually get pregnant that actually have or dont have abortions, so its an issue that has special resonance with them. I can talk about childbirth but i dunno , not the same thing as a woman discussing childbirth. Thats common sense. Of course us guys can have opinions, but dang, I thought that point was fairly obvious.
what am I missing here? The discussion is definitely fair game. Everyone has a right to a view. You're the one trying to claim that men shouldn't discuss it. Are you actually trying to gaslight here? :face-with-tears-of-joy:

I don't specifically recall the thing you mention about asking ethnic groups if they're offended. But I would imagine my point of view would be against virtue signallers presuming they have the right to get offended on behalf of other identity groups. Which is basically what you seemed to want to do. So yeah... I guess I am consistent :D

Jelenafan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
what am I missing here? The discussion is definitely fair game. Everyone has a right to a view. You're the one trying to claim that men shouldn't discuss it. Are you actually trying to gaslight here? :face-with-tears-of-joy:

I don't specifically recall the thing you mention about asking ethnic groups if they're offended. But I would imagine my point of view would be against virtue signallers presuming they have the right to get offended on behalf of other identity groups. Which is basically what you seemed to want to do. So yeah... I guess I am consistent :D
We are going around in circles here, men & women can discuss topics, saying women are especially impacted by a particular issue is not a contradiction.

As to the offending identity groups, whooaa! Actually Read my posts, i said some ethnic groups are not some monolithic group who are offended/not offended in tandem. I dunno, kind of like most of humanity? You were the one claiming some random video proved some group was not offended by sonething. Talk about generalizing.? LOL

I actually don’t mind these discussions, so we’re good, ; )

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
We are going around in circles here, men & women can discuss topics, saying women are especially impacted by a particular issue is not a contradiction.

As to the offending identity groups, whooaa! Actually Read my posts, i said some ethnic groups are not some monolithic group who are offended/not offended in tandem. I dunno, kind of like most of humanity? You were the one claiming some random video proved some group was not offended by sonething. Talk about generalizing.? LOL

I actually don’t mind these discussions, so we’re good, ; )
ah! I think I recall the IG clip. Actually you chose to frame my comment in a very particular way, which I guess is revelatory if anyone cares ;). If I remember the clip correctly there was a group of SJW students on one side and on the other actual Mexicans. The point being, it's not up to the likes of those students to get offended on behalf Mexicans. It's interesting that you chose to see it in the way you did though:good: :D

Reactions: Kieran

Jelenafan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
ah! I think I recall the IG clip. Actually you chose to frame my comment in a very particular way, which I guess is revelatory if anyone cares ;). If I remember the clip correctly there was a group of SJW students on one side and on the other actual Mexicans. The point being, it's not up to the likes of those students to get offended on behalf Mexicans. It's interesting that you chose to see it in the way you did though:good: :D
Again Federberg, it was revealing how you read that clip ; ) “Actual Mexicans” ; )

It was framed like alot of Johnny Carson and other show “man on the street” interviews, with selected people on both sides and of course is edited to make a point. Nothing earth shattering, but of course when i said Hispanics are not some monolithic group but cut across all spectrums, that seem to personally offend you. No hispanic college student seemed to be interviewed, though i confess hard to tell because again Hispanics are a broad diverse group. LOL. I remember Peruvian friends who in exasperation lamented “I don’t speak friggin Japanese!”

No worries we will both survive to join in another topic or two soon enough. ; )

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Again Federberg, it was revealing how you read that clip ; ) “Actual Mexicans” ; )

It was framed like alot of Johnny Carson and other show “man on the street” interviews, with selected people on both sides and of course is edited to make a point. Nothing earth shattering, but of course when i said Hispanics are not some monolithic group but cut across all spectrums, that seem to personally offend you. No hispanic college student seemed to be interviewed, though i confess hard to tell because again Hispanics are a broad diverse group. LOL. I remember Peruvian friends who in exasperation lamented “I don’t speak friggin Japanese!”

No worries we will both survive to join in another topic or two soon enough. ; )
The thing with that clip, Jelenafan, was that these college kids found something offensive, on behalf of Mexicans. They assumed it was offensive, which comes across as them being being slightly superior and patronising. It was an inappropriate form of appropriation.

By the way, for no reason at all it reminds me of that funny line in Tarantino’s latest flick, Once Upon a Time in Hollywood: “Don’t cry in front of the Mexicans!”

:lulz1:

• Haha
Reactions: Jelenafan

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions

lol! The students were not Mexicans. So yes... I said of the others.. actual Mexicans. As in the folks who would actually have some skin in the game to be offended.

Lol! You're so up your own a$$ you still don't get it. The clip related to Mexican culture. Mexican! No need to generalise. But somehow you still persist in bringing up 'Hispanics'. You're proving my point! :face-with-tears-of-joy: I actually recall talking to a Ghanaian recently who was telling me how he rolls his eyes when Americans treat Africa as a monolith. His view was that it was part laziness, ignorance and disrespect. You are the one who decided to go on about hispanics. And you're still going on about it even now. Pure comedy. Thank you for this!

Jelenafan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
The thing with that clip, Jelenafan, was that these college kids found something offensive, on behalf of Mexicans. They assumed it was offensive, which comes across as them being being slightly superior and patronising. It was an inappropriate form of appropriation.

By the way, for no reason at all it reminds me of that funny line in Tarantino’s latest flick, Once Upon a Time in Hollywood: “Don’t cry in front of the Mexicans!”

:lulz1:
I can assure you Kieran, hispanic college students are just as obnoxious. Again college students are a category unto themselves, unless Irish college students are different, LOL. But having a video mocking college students is like shooting fish in a barrel.

As to that line in OUATIH: “ Mijo, los hombres no lloran!” ; )

Jelenafan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
lol! The students were not Mexicans. So yes... I said of the others.. actual Mexicans. As in the folks who would actually have some skin in the game to be offended.

Lol! You're so up your own a$$ you still don't get it. The clip related to Mexican culture. Mexican! No need to generalise. But somehow you still persist in bringing up 'Hispanics'. You're proving my point! :face-with-tears-of-joy: I actually recall talking to a Ghanaian recently who was telling me how he rolls his eyes when Americans treat Africa as a monolith. His view was that it was part laziness, ignorance and disrespect. You are the one who decided to go on about hispanics. And you're still going on about it even now. Pure comedy. Thank you for this!
Man, Federberg, neither one of us is going away. LOL

Mexicans are not a monolithic group, happy now, sorry i offended you. Mexicans compose the largest group of Hispanics here in the states, by far. Mexicanos son un grupo diverso, hombre.

BTW, my cousins in Mexico make you look like a flaming liberal but i still love ‘em. ; )

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
I can assure you Kieran, hispanic college students are just as obnoxious. Again college students are a category unto themselves, unless Irish college students are different, LOL. But having a video mocking college students is like shooting fish in a barrel.

As to that line in OUATIH: “ Mijo, los hombres no lloran!” ; )
By ‘obnoxious students’, if you mean impressionable kids who’ve been hacked by the virtue signalling far left, unfortunately we do have them too. The left have hacked everything and made it obnoxious…

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Man, Federberg, neither one of us is going away. LOL

Mexicans are not a monolithic group, happy now, sorry i offended you. Mexicans compose the largest group of Hispanics here in the states, by far. Mexicanos son un grupo diverso, hombre.

BTW, my cousins in Mexico make you look like a flaming liberal but i still love ‘em. ; )
did you really just go there? Dropping in that you. have Mexican cousins? The good old 'some of my best friends are black' trope? :face-with-tears-of-joy: :facepalm:

Jelenafan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
By ‘obnoxious students’, if you mean impressionable kids who’ve been hacked by the virtue signalling far left, unfortunately we do have them too. The left have hacked everything and made it obnoxious…
True, but also that college students have intellectual pretensions that real life hasn't knocked out of them yet. I dated a girl in college who thought she was the expert on everything, but she was wrong, I was !! Seriously Kieran must you politicize every conversation? ; )

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
True, but also that college students have intellectual pretensions that real life hasn't knocked out of them yet. I dated a girl in college who thought she was the expert on everything, but she was wrong, I was !! Seriously Kieran must you politicize every conversation? ; )
Universities are already politicised - and weaponised - by the far left. I’m not the one who did this. It’s the same here in Ireland. They’re basically educating kids to be more stupid than they were when they went in…

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Universities are already politicised - and weaponised - by the far left. I’m not the one who did this. It’s the same here in Ireland. They’re basically educating kids to be more stupid than they were when they went in…
lol! The lunatics are running the asylum!

Reactions: Kieran

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
lol! The lunatics are running the asylum!
They are, and it’s the same here in Ireland. And Europe. I’ve a nephew who lives in Berlin and the other day he actually defended the Soviet gulag where my missus family were sent. He said he thinks it happened because ‘They might have had too much land.’

They’re swallowing communism, even in places that were destroyed by communists. It’s bizarre but it’s related to their miseducation. He didn’t even bother to reply when I asked him if he knew if the missus family actually ever got a trial, or even had any land. It didn’t compute. His page was jammed trying to think of ways the victims could be made to look deserving of it. Communists can’t have gotten it wrong. It was very frustrating, but I didn’t press him any further because I’m such a nice bloke, and I also hope he’ll give my questions some thought before the next round…

• Wow
Reactions: Federberg

Jelenafan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
See Kieran, my impression is that many western European countries are far more liberal than Americans in general, are tou saying in Ireland most college students are WOKE liberals?

Here in the States, there are quite a few conservative bastions in colleges.

But to my broader point, I find many college students insufferably smug about their intellectual prowess, or maybe im just reflecting back on myself. ; )

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
mrzz World Affairs 2449
T World Affairs 13
britbox World Affairs 82
britbox World Affairs 1004
britbox World Affairs 46