US Politics Thread

Ricardo

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I would love to know, honestly, why you guys think the email business is such a big deal. The State Dept. has found there are really only a small number that are in the questionable area. And why, if it was so important to national security, was it not addressed during her tenure as Secretary of State? Instead, it came up when she was seen as the leading candidate for the Democratic nomination for President. Why doesn't this look more politically motivated to any of you, than a matter of dire national security?

not such a big deal, by saying that you are disqualified from making any post of common sense. A person of that position would be grossly negligent of classified info, is something new and is a direct showing of incompetency and abuse to her position.

Moxie is Moxie, never been able to be objective and never will be. With immoral supporters like this Clinton can indeed have it easy and get free pass.

Reactions: teddytennisfan

Ricardo

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
But, and I know you to be a fair-minded person, the campaign to malign Hillary Clinton started in her first year as First Lady. Yes, Hillary has become mistrustful and secretive, but I think there's a reason for it. But much to the contrary of the hair-on-fire types who would call her a criminal, a war criminal, blood-thirsty, (I think I've read all of these adjectives here,) I DO think she's a person who feels a genuine vocation to public service. Again I will say, I don't think she's such a flawed candidate, and I don't think we're scraping the bottom of the barrel (whoever said that) to get a person as qualified as she is to lead.

how flawed can she be? doesn't get much lower than this. You talked so much about what rubbish Trump said yet no mention of the serious crimes that she committed. As i said you would just gloss it all up, shameless.

Ricardo

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
There is something wrong when Clinton's real flaws are put down lightly while Trump's rubbish flaws (i.e. the crap he said) are taken way out of proportion, which is basically reported everyday of the week. Just like shooting a thief yet let a murderer go free. America's justice system is exactly what many already know, it's tailor made to suit some and harsh for the common 'peasants'.

Clinton's email 'mistake' would've been trialled severely due to her position and the importance of its content, instead nothing, absolutely nothing has happened to her. And of course, she has tons of shameless supporters who think it's no big deal.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
A person who had a good argument wouldn't need to make it personal against other posters. Just saying.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Google, Twitter, Apple and Instagram are social network outlets and private companies. That isn't what is judged to be "The Media." They are within their rights to publish as they see fit, and Twitter and Instagram content is driven by individuals.

Journalism is generally considered to be the "Fourth Estate" because it is an outside check on politics. The notion that the Media has a bias against Republicans is a Republican construct. It likely dates to Spiro Agnew's quote that they are a "small and un-elected elite." It bears remembering that he was protecting Richard Nixon at this point, who he actually pardoned of any crimes, before there was a chance to decide what they were. The word "elite" gets used rather cavalierly, and as a kind of a dog-whistle. Any time the media or reasoned intellectuals make a judicious case, they're culpable of the crime of "elitism." It's a sad state of affairs if smart people aren't allowed to have an opinion that warrants listening to.

At this stage of the election, it might actually be fair to say that the Media, the Republican party, and anyone with a voice on social media is speaking out or working against Trump, with no holds barred on fairness. That's because everyone with a brain has decided he's too dangerous to be President. Trump was given wide exposure by the press. He can't complain about that. He was also given a lot of rope to hang himself with, and he's been doing a fine job on that front.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
But, and I know you to be a fair-minded person, the campaign to malign Hillary Clinton started in her first year as First Lady. Yes, Hillary has become mistrustful and secretive, but I think there's a reason for it. But much to the contrary of the hair-on-fire types who would call her a criminal, a war criminal, blood-thirsty, (I think I've read all of these adjectives here,) I DO think she's a person who feels a genuine vocation to public service. Again I will say, I don't think she's such a flawed candidate, and I don't think we're scraping the bottom of the barrel (whoever said that) to get a person as qualified as she is to lead.
Oh don't get me wrong, I largely agree with you. In fact when you speak to some of these Washington types they'll freely admit that she gets things done. They won't even bring up all the hateful stuff. My remarks are based on the simple reality that the perception is already out there, if anything is revealed that allows the public to confirm their view it could be a major setback for her

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
A person who had a good argument wouldn't need to make it personal against other posters. Just saying.
Lol! He's a baby Moxie. I only bother taking notice when the mood takes me. I wouldn't waste too much energy!

Ricardo

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

You are morally flawed, and that's not being personal. Can you see the difference?

of course not, you are Moxie.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
I've been reading up about and listening to Gary Johnston the Libertarian candidate. If I were ,American I would be voting for him. I quote.."I don't think government should be interfering with a citizen's finances, or what they choose to do in their own homes" or something to that effect. That almost perfectly describes my own political views. I was rather concerned, having listened to some of the stuff that the Paul's have said in the past that they were in effect a more right wing party than the GOP. But from what I've read this guy is a two time governor, in a blue state no less, and he was fiscally conservative while remaining socially liberal. He seems just about perfect to me

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Oh don't get me wrong, I largely agree with you. In fact when you speak to some of these Washington types they'll freely admit that she gets things done. They won't even bring up all the hateful stuff. My remarks are based on the simple reality that the perception is already out there, if anything is revealed that allows the public to confirm their view it could be a major setback for her
That's fair. The "perception" of her is, to some extent, manufactured by her detractors, and they admit it. For those who will never see her any other way, it doesn't much matter. I think what will happen in the next 2+ months is that people who are moderate and on-the-fence will look more deeply into the reasons she gets such a bad rap and decide they can be fine with her, because a fair number of those people have already decided they just can't vote for Trump.

Ricardo

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
hmmm sure, all her wrong doings were manufactured by her detractors, who like you, are on cool-aid.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
So.. the Donald wants to create a commission to "expose the networks in our society that support radicalization". That sounds an awful lot like something the North Koreans would do. He does realise he's trying to become President of the United States doesn't he? Absolutely extraordinary!

teddytennisfan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Maybe Hillary should request extra security. After all, Ambassador Stevens at Benghazi requested extra security over 300 times at Benghazi.

hahaha -- BRILLIANT!!!! HAHAHA111

THE LYING BUTCHER OF LIBYA -- whose name is KILLARY KILLTON --

JUST needs to be raked on coals to see how she screetches her banshee delight like when she was WATCHING LIVE the bayonet-rape and murder by HER terrorist ''rebels" of gaddafi.

i mean WHATEVER gadaffi was -- not forgetting the one-time DARLING of ronald reagan and bush 1 so long as he ''toed the usa line" --

his SIN -- was actually turning LIBYA into africa's MOST PROSPEROUS , STABLE, RICHEST ECONOMY -- and when ready to TURN that prosperity into creating the GOLD BACKED DINAR to extricate AFRICA from the BLACKMAIL of the USA DOLLAR!!

that was his big , big sin -- and a big no no ..that KILLARY schemed and succeeded at destroying

PRODUCING the pandora's box of a FAILED state that NOW produced the DAESH , ISIL AND terrorists spreading like wildfire

ya -- she and her OBAMA!!

some americans just don't GET IT!! the cling to the siren calls of killary and obama when thrown a few pat words like

"we are great because we are good" -- fit for kindergarten schooling! lol

teddytennisfan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
hmmm sure, all her wrong doings were manufactured by her detractors, who like you, are on cool-aid.

rt.com
FBI sends Clinton investigation docs to Congress as Republicans seek perjury charges
The FBI has reportedly dispatched its investigative report on Hillary Clinton, explaining why charges were not recommended against the Democratic presidential hopeful. Meanwhile, House Republicans are seeking new perjury charges against Clinton.

Unnamed officials have told reporters that a number of classified documents have been handed over to the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee.

“The FBI has turned over a ‘number of documents’ related to their investigation of former Secretary Clinton’s use of a personal email server. Committee staff is currently reviewing the information that is classified SECRET. There are no further details at this time,” a committee spokesperson said, as cited by the Washington Post.

The report allegedly contains notes from the interviews of Clinton and other witnesses in the investigation, CNN also reported, saying that FBI agents’ memos would also be provided along with the investigative material.

Addressing House Oversight Committee Chairman Rep. Jason Chaffetz (R-UT) and the committee's ranking Democratic member, Maryland Rep. Elijah Cummings, a letter from FBI acting Assistant Director Jason V. Herring reiterated FBI Director James Comey's statement.

"As the director stated, the FBI did find evidence that Secretary Clinton and her colleagues were extremely careless in their handling of certain, very sensitive, highly classified information," the letter Cummings shared with CNN, read. "The term 'extremely careless' was intended to be a common sense way of describing the actions of Secretary Clinton and her colleagues. The director did not equate 'extreme carelessness' with the legal standard of 'gross negligence' that is required by the statute. In this case, the FBI assessed that the facts did not support a recommendation to prosecute her or others within the scope of the investigation for gross negligence."

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi’s (D-CA) office has also said that the Judiciary Committee received copies of the FBI information Tuesday, the Post reported as well.

The FBI’s conclusion has failed to end the private email server saga for Clinton.

House Republicans claim Clinton may have broken the law and lied under oath when testifying before Congress. Now they want to see the Department of Justice file perjury charges against the former secretary of state.

The GOP heads of the House Judiciary and Oversight committees allege that Clinton perjured herself on four separate occasions during sworn testimony to the House's Benghazi committee.

The first case could relate to Clinton’s statement that she did not receive classified information while using her home server. FBI’s Comey argued otherwise during his testimony. The second “perjury” case arose from Clinton saying that her lawyers had read “every single email.”

However, to this, the FBI director said that her lawyers “did not individually read the content of all of her emails.”

The third case might be connected to her testimony that she had only used a single device – “a server that had already been used by [Bill Clinton’s] team" – for her emails. However, it followed from Comey statement that she used “multiple devices during her four years as a Secretary of State.”

Finally, Clinton also claimed that she handed over approximately 55,000 pages of work-related emails to the State Department, but the FBI said it was not true either, as “thousands” of emails were not returned.

"The evidence collected by the (FBI) during its investigation of Secretary Clinton's use of a personal email system during her time as secretary of state appears to directly contradict several aspects of her sworn testimony," Reps. Jason Chaffetz (R-UT) and Bob Goodlatte (R-VA) wrote in a letter on Monday.

Under US federal law, perjury is a felony that is punishable by a prison sentence of up to five years and fines.

==============

let'/s remember that the so-called ''law enforcement" of the USA is supposed to bring indictments on criminals..

including perjury, destruction of evidence, cover-up, etc. etc on TOP of the original crimes...

but heck -- after the so-called ''interview' of hillary by FBI -- they CLOSE IT because they found NOTHING?

while an ordinary serviceman of the navy that showed some photos of NOT REALLY secret nuke bombs is IN JAIL for ''compromising national security"

wheile THIS WOMAN -- buried in corruption and double deals and LITERALLY in cahoots with the enablers and funders of AL QAEDA, ISIL, DAESH -- -- is

actually RUNNING FOR PRESIDENT -- AND ACTUALLY HAS DEVOTED FOLLOWERS WHO WILL DEFEND HER TO KINGDOM HELL?

lol.

teddytennisfan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
ricaro --

CLINTON FOUNDATION -- THAT money laundering scheme of corporate LAWYER DUO BILLY HILLARY

ctually gives to charity --

1 million out of the 100 million they got in ''donations".

yayaa --- so COMPASSIONATE these tw0!!!!

and she's chock full of her fingers in ''donations" from GULEN -- the TURKISH billionaire ''preacher" who''s the BIG MASTERMIND of global islamic radicalism and a KNOWN CIA ''asset" ...lol.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
rt.com
FBI sends Clinton investigation docs to Congress as Republicans seek perjury charges
The FBI has reportedly dispatched its investigative report on Hillary Clinton, explaining why charges were not recommended against the Democratic presidential hopeful. Meanwhile, House Republicans are seeking new perjury charges against Clinton.

Unnamed officials have told reporters that a number of classified documents have been handed over to the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee.

“The FBI has turned over a ‘number of documents’ related to their investigation of former Secretary Clinton’s use of a personal email server. Committee staff is currently reviewing the information that is classified SECRET. There are no further details at this time,” a committee spokesperson said, as cited by the Washington Post.

The report allegedly contains notes from the interviews of Clinton and other witnesses in the investigation, CNN also reported, saying that FBI agents’ memos would also be provided along with the investigative material.

Addressing House Oversight Committee Chairman Rep. Jason Chaffetz (R-UT) and the committee's ranking Democratic member, Maryland Rep. Elijah Cummings, a letter from FBI acting Assistant Director Jason V. Herring reiterated FBI Director James Comey's statement.

"As the director stated, the FBI did find evidence that Secretary Clinton and her colleagues were extremely careless in their handling of certain, very sensitive, highly classified information," the letter Cummings shared with CNN, read. "The term 'extremely careless' was intended to be a common sense way of describing the actions of Secretary Clinton and her colleagues. The director did not equate 'extreme carelessness' with the legal standard of 'gross negligence' that is required by the statute. In this case, the FBI assessed that the facts did not support a recommendation to prosecute her or others within the scope of the investigation for gross negligence."

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi’s (D-CA) office has also said that the Judiciary Committee received copies of the FBI information Tuesday, the Post reported as well.

The FBI’s conclusion has failed to end the private email server saga for Clinton.

House Republicans claim Clinton may have broken the law and lied under oath when testifying before Congress. Now they want to see the Department of Justice file perjury charges against the former secretary of state.

The GOP heads of the House Judiciary and Oversight committees allege that Clinton perjured herself on four separate occasions during sworn testimony to the House's Benghazi committee.

The first case could relate to Clinton’s statement that she did not receive classified information while using her home server. FBI’s Comey argued otherwise during his testimony. The second “perjury” case arose from Clinton saying that her lawyers had read “every single email.”

However, to this, the FBI director said that her lawyers “did not individually read the content of all of her emails.”

The third case might be connected to her testimony that she had only used a single device – “a server that had already been used by [Bill Clinton’s] team" – for her emails. However, it followed from Comey statement that she used “multiple devices during her four years as a Secretary of State.”

Finally, Clinton also claimed that she handed over approximately 55,000 pages of work-related emails to the State Department, but the FBI said it was not true either, as “thousands” of emails were not returned.

"The evidence collected by the (FBI) during its investigation of Secretary Clinton's use of a personal email system during her time as secretary of state appears to directly contradict several aspects of her sworn testimony," Reps. Jason Chaffetz (R-UT) and Bob Goodlatte (R-VA) wrote in a letter on Monday.

Under US federal law, perjury is a felony that is punishable by a prison sentence of up to five years and fines.

==============

let'/s remember that the so-called ''law enforcement" of the USA is supposed to bring indictments on criminals..

including perjury, destruction of evidence, cover-up, etc. etc on TOP of the original crimes...

but heck -- after the so-called ''interview' of hillary by FBI -- they CLOSE IT because they found NOTHING?

while an ordinary serviceman of the navy that showed some photos of NOT REALLY secret nuke bombs is IN JAIL for ''compromising national security"

wheile THIS WOMAN -- buried in corruption and double deals and LITERALLY in cahoots with the enablers and funders of AL QAEDA, ISIL, DAESH -- -- is

actually RUNNING FOR PRESIDENT -- AND ACTUALLY HAS DEVOTED FOLLOWERS WHO WILL DEFEND HER TO KINGDOM HELL?

lol.
I've gotta say, this is a really misleading link, (rt.com is Russia TV, not exactly a vetted news source,) and your characterization of things is pretty biased. The State Department did their investigation, and their conclusions weren't completely absolving of Clinton, though rather nearly, but they didn't damn her, at all. Clinton has not perjured herself. (I don't think she's been under oath on any of these things. You're inventing things.) There has been no charge that she has destroyed evidence. There has been no cover-up. She is "LITERALLY in cahoots with the enablers and funders of AL QAEDA, ISIL, DAESH...." You really are making stuff up, at this point.

You think you can fool people with a snowstorm of words that no one wants to read. Don't be part of the problem. Try to be succinct, and also truthful. So far, you are neither. It's probably not your fault that you are buying into a load of crap, as you seem to take easily to anything that you run across on the internet. But if you tried a little harder, I bet you wouldn't be so snowed, yourself. Try to look a little harder at what Clinton has done, what has been determined by the State Dept. and what else is about a load of slander and character assassination. Also, please be cautious about your sources. And please remember that personal opinion should be cited as such.

Reactions: Federberg

teddytennisfan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
General thread for US Politics Discussion...

American-Flag-7.png

DuckDuckGo

iu

iu

iu

iu

iu

iu

iu

iu

iu

iu

iu

flag
Product Features 12x18 Pirate Red Eyes Jolly Roger Flag Skull and Crossbones Boat Flag New
amazon.com/s?ie=UTF8&page=1&rh=i:aps,k:skull...
===============

"i have traveled to Paris to examine for myself the treatise between Spain and America..and my suspicions proved correct...
"we pretended to be liberators of the Philippines from spanish tyranny but have no intention of ever helping those peoples but instead to subjugate them to our will...

''we might as well plant our flags everywhere and call them our provinces..
''.only...instead of stars and stripes - the flag should have skulls and bones and black dripping with blood --
''...for we shame ourselves before the world".

MARK TWAIN.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
mrzz World Affairs 2449
T World Affairs 13
britbox World Affairs 82
britbox World Affairs 1004
britbox World Affairs 46