US Open [Men], 2022 - Grand Slam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sundaymorningguy

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I take it only Nadal or Alcaraz have a shot at number 1 right now. Casper with an outside shot depending on Nadal and Alcaraz.

Hailz

The Tennis Kid
Reactions
Sure he can lose it on any given day. I think we can say that about anyone.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Sure he can lose it on any given day. I think we can say that about anyone.
He's talking like someone he really does want to win this...for a change. Love it.

Reactions: Hailz

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I will be interested to see how Nick's level is when he plays KK in the q/final, though to me his focus has improved out of sight in big matches, like we saw today in his match

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
BTW I wasnt impressed with Meddy's form coming into the USO, then AP told me Meddy will be okay
Looking at you now AP, I was right lol!

• Haha
Reactions: AnonymousFan

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
And to think when the tournament started he said he wanted to get home as quickly as possible.
We've never heard him talk so committed to winning as he has of late, and especially tonight. The New Nick.

Reactions: tented

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Just one question about Nick as a Junior, did he behave in the same way he behaves now on court?
Hmm in ways sometimes he has always been his own person and dosent like to follow rules much, off court he is a shy young man, does lots for homeless people., and kids, also very close to his family

Hailz

The Tennis Kid
Reactions
Hmm in ways sometimes he has always been his own person and dosent like to follow rules much, off court he is a shy young man, does lots for homeless people., and kids, also very close to his family
I have heard his mom is sick and he is really close to her and his family.

His on court behavior with the swearing and even telling his box constantly to cheer for him really doesn't get to me that much. It is the stuff like the spitting and the disrespect like when he was playing Brandon Nakashima at Wimbledon and he was about to win the match and he screamed at him , "You Are Done!!!!!" There is no room in the game for that sort of crap. The stuff like tanking sets is another thing I don't like much at all. Fans pay hard earned money to see him give a good effort and when his does that sort of stuff they are not getting their monies worth in my opinion. That is the stuff that irritates me about him. I don't doubt that off the court he is a good person, but I don't see him off the court.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I have heard his mom is sick and he is really close to her and his family.

His on court behavior with the swearing and even telling his box constantly to cheer for him really doesn't get to me that much. It is the stuff like the spitting and the disrespect like when he was playing Brandon Nakashima at Wimbledon and he was about to win the match and he screamed at him , "You Are Done!!!!!" There is no room in the game for that sort of crap. The stuff like tanking sets is another thing I don't like much at all. Fans pay hard earned money to see him give a good effort and when his does that sort of stuff they are not getting their monies worth in my opinion. That is the stuff that irritates me about him. I don't doubt that off the court he is a good person, but I don't see him off the court.
A lot of that is 'pure bravado' on court, I agree with you about the spitting and he got fined for that, which he should have.A lot of the time he talks to himself, I have seen other players tank? he is a born showman, like him or not and he puts bums on seats, plus he has always been talented.that is Nick

Hailz

The Tennis Kid
Reactions
A lot of that is 'pure bravado' on court, I agree with you about the spitting and he got fined for that, which he should have.A lot of the time he talks to himself, I have seen other players tank? he is a born showman, like him or not and he puts bums on seats, plus he has always been talented.that is Nick
Oh yeah other players tank and I don't like that either. I think though you have to agree that Nick leads the way of current players of doing disrespectful things on the court. The disrespectful things towards the other players and to the game itself is what I don't like. I do agree he is one of the most talented players on the tour and fans either love him or hate him. I cannot say I hate him, but I disagree with a lot of the actions he does on the court.

Status
Not open for further replies.