US Open [Men], 2021 - Grand Slam

Status
Not open for further replies.

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
That was a shocker. I hate to say that I thought he shouldn't have played in NC last week, but I did. I picked Fucsovic to win the match with Seppi, against my rule to pick for the Italians, but I'm happy for the veteran. That final tie-breaker was nearly half an hour long.
Looked like a thriller TB. People on outer stadiums got their money worth and that is the beauty of the slams, so many good matches in the early rounds.
Fuscs was a logical pick, but he failed. I picked him too.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Welcome to the Frontier Bokun.

cough drop = Cilic
Hey, Bokun, I also say welcome to the forum!

A little more explanation: Cough Drop was the invention of a clever poster here. After Cilic insisted that his positive drug test, some years back, came from an energy drink his mother bought him at a pharmacy, our friend dubbed him "Cough Drop," rather hilariously, and that is forever now his nickname around here.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Looked like a thriller TB. People on outer stadiums got their money worth and that is the beauty of the slams, so many good matches in the early rounds.
Fuscs was a logical pick, but he failed. I picked him too.
This is why I'm sorry that tomorrow looks like a rain out. There are covered stadiums now, but I always try to go in the early days to see the matches on the outer courts. In retrospect, I should have picked yesterday.

• Sad
Reactions: AnonymousFan

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Agree, no need for new thread when we can post it here :D I can' t figure out my neighbour serbs in R1,doesn't matter what I choose when they play, I mostly choose wrong.
(Clearly, I'm catching up with this thread after the work day.) There is always going to be someone who constantly confounds you, or 3. Used to be Olivier Rochus for me. Lately Chardy, though not today. And I agree with you on the "otherwise" Serbs...no matter which way I go, I seem to pick wrong.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Ymer v. Brooksby in a battle of the young guns. Brooksby with the early break.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Rune has balls, and just broke Novak to love...then pushed the crowd to get behind him. His future looks bright, now matter how well or bad he loses tonight.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
3-0 Rune in the 2nd set, but somehow I still think he loses the set.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Brooksby up 2 sets to love on Ymer. Go, Jenson!

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Many said that Rune might make one set close. He actually won one, and in the TB, surprisingly. I'm pretty sure Novak will shake off the rust after this, but well done, young man!

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Rune, even though he was cramping from the 3rd set, did the right thing and hung in. Great display of grit and sportsmanship from him. Bright future.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I just watched the last couple of sets...I am impressed with Rune,kept fighting regardless of cramping

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
IDK why Novak should be thanking these A-Holes in New York cheering his errors and serves faults! "Be partisan all you want, but not JERKS!" :sneezing-face:
Oh, Fiero, what would you rather have him do...piss the crowd off in the first round? Because THAT would be really stupid. Rune was a kid and a newbie, and they liked to see him play well for one 1/2 sets. Get over it.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I just watched the last couple of sets...I am impressed with Rune,kept fighting regardless of cramping
You really should watch the first two, to see his game. But, yes, he could have quit, but he didn't, unlike some players I won't name, earlier in their careers. *cough*

• Haha
Reactions: AnonymousFan

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
You really should watch the first two, to see his game. But, yes, he could have quit, but he didn't, unlike some players I won't name, earlier in their careers. *cough*
My TV coverage always repeats both the ATP and WTA matches,if I get a chance I will watch the first 2 sets of his match.
I know who you are referring to when you wont name names,that quit early in their careers? chicken :)

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Brooksby up a break in the 3rd over Ymer, and he can win it if he can keep that break lead.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
First set to Fritz over De Minaur in the TB.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Yawn. :yawningface: I'm so tired of Djoke whining about crowd support. How long has he been on tour? As if this is a new occurrence. News flash! How about just win the matches if for no other reason than to spite the crowd? :facepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.