27. David Goffin
28. Fabio Fognini
29. Alejandro Davidovich Fokina
30. Marin Cilic
31. Alexander Bublik
32. Filip Krajinovic

570dfacb-6b56-4b15-826d-8bc875ee52b5-USP_Tennis__US_OPEN_11.jpg

The Tournament:

Several headlines in this year's men's tournament: The defending champion, Dominic Thiem, will not play this year, nor will fan favorites Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal, each due to injury. But all eyes will be on Novak Djokovic, who vies for the Holy Grail of tennis, the Grand Slam. Djokovic has won the Australian Open, the French Open and Wimbledon so far this year, and lacks only the victory at the US Open to do what only Rod Laver has done in the Open era, and that 52 years ago.

The 2021 US Open will be the 141st edition of the tournament and will take place at the USTA Billie Jean King National Tennis Center in Flushing Meadows–Corona Park of Queens in New York City, New York, United States.

The tournament is an event run by the International Tennis Federation (ITF) and is part of the 2021 ATP Tour and the 2021 WTA Tour calendars under the Grand Slam category. The tournament will consist of both men's and women's singles and doubles draws, as both doubles draws will return to standard 64 players, as singles players will remain in standard 128 person format in each category. There are also singles and doubles events for both boys and girls (players under 18).

The tournament is played on hard courts and takes place over a series of 15 courts with DecoTurf surface, including the three existing main showcourts – Arthur Ashe Stadium, Louis Armstrong Stadium and Grandstand.

About New York City:

The US Open is back to 100% capacity this year, after having no fans last year. And the City is back to something like normal. Outdoor dining is a charming new tradition, the museums and galleries are open, as are the beautiful botanical gardens. Theatre and concerts are still limited, but the city has come roaring back to life. Tourists abound. Shopping, as always, is one of the city's greatest offerings, both high-end and low, Sotheby's to street fairs.

Always unexpected is the beauty and proliferation of the beaches. From the kitchy and urban ones, like Coney Island and Far Rockaway, accessible by subway and ferry for a mere $2.75, to the more wild and remote beauties of Robert Moses State Park, Fire Island, and Jones Beach.

This year is the 20th anniversary of September 11th. Expect some solemnity. But, overall, the mood should be festive, with crowds to cheer the tennis, and so much of the city open to enjoy.

images-2.jpeg

Unknown-7.jpeg

Unknown-8.jpeg

Tourism Guide:

Last edited by a moderator:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Milos Raonic has withdrawn ( citing a leg injury).He played one tennis match since Miami (lost to Nakashima in Alanta Rd 2,he looked totally out of shape,which is to be expected.

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
2021 US Open Health and Safety Protocols.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I dont mind Medvedev's draw to the final ( I hope his hand is okay) he has been playing good HC tennis

RD 1 Gasquet
RD2 Koepfer
RD3 Cilic
RD 4 Dimitrov
Q/Final Ruud
S/F Tsitsipas
Final Djokovic

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
I dont mind Medvedev's draw to the final ( I hope his hand is okay) he has been playing good HC tennis

RD 1 Gasquet
RD2 Koepfer
RD3 Cilic
RD 4 Dimitrov
Q/Final Ruud
S/F Tsitsipas
Final Djokovic

At 1st glance, Djokovic has the tougher draw if it goes to form! Some rather tough ones early too! Daniil's a cakewalk w/ little chance of an upset!

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
What do you mean think? You posted Daniil's 1st real test is the SF against Stefanos who probably won't even make it to that round! WTF? :face-with-hand-over-mouth:
LOL! yes I predict Andy Murray will destroy him in the first rd,it depends also where Daddy is sitting:)
As you are aware this is on projected seedings okay if they get through

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
This is the Hard Draw for the No 1 player....sob! sob!

RD 1 Qualifer
RD2 Struff
RD3 Goffin/Nishikori/McDonald
RD4 Karatsev/Fritz/De Minaur
QF Hurakacz/Berretini
SF Zverev
F. Medvedev/Tsitsipas.
I think the big deal was that Zverev ended up on Novak's half, Rublev on Medvedev's. Novak shouldn't be happy about that, but otherwise, when I was looking for those to disturb, there aren't that many, and, otherwise, the weight of competition is pretty fair between top and bottom half. At a cursory glance.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
This is the Hard Draw for the No 1 player....sob! sob!

RD 1 Qualifer
RD2 Struff
RD3 Goffin/Nishikori/McDonald
RD4 Karatsev/Fritz/De Minaur
QF Hurakacz/Berretini
SF Zverev
F. Medvedev/Tsitsipas.
This might look tougher if Nishikori was 2014 form, or Karatsev was early this year form. Hurkacz or Berrettini? Well, it's only going to be one of them, at best. I stand by my point that the only bad thing that happened to Djokovic in that draw is Zverev on his side.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
What do you mean think? You posted Daniil's 1st real test is the SF against Stefanos who probably won't even make it to that round! WTF? :face-with-hand-over-mouth:
Novak's first round is a qualifier, and Medvedev's is Gasquet, who has been playing some great tennis again, of late. Then he gets probably Koepfer, and then likely the winner of Cilic or Kohlshrieber. This is not a walk in the park. Whereas, Novak gets a qualifier, maybe Struff, and somewhere in there Goffin and Nishikori might play off for the privilege. I'm not sure what you're complaining about.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Just what we need, contradictions on the same page trying to get me going! :facepalm: :astonished-face: :yawningface: :face-vomiting: :sneezing-face: :sleep2:
So glad you've got all the emoticons back. Surely you don't have an argument.

Status
Not open for further replies.