US OPEN 2018, Flushing Meadows, NY, USA, GRAND SLAM (Women)

tenisplayrla08

Major Winner
Reactions
GREAT WIN for CSN!!!! Sharapova not on her level tonight. CSN has had a great couple of weeks in Canada and New Haven. Feeling really confident coming here and had a fairly helpful draw and has her second US Open quarterfinals. She'll have a chance against Keys to make her first grand slam semifinal.

Keys looks real good though right now. And does not have the problems Sharapova has at the moment. Completely different match.

Crazy to think CSN just turned 30. Feels like she's been around forever. Which of course is because she has. Probably been a staple in the top 100, top 50, top 30 since 2008? 19 to 20 years old.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Thatta girl. Sends Pova home and messes up her perfect night record. Happy Birthday CSN! :clap:

I am not a fan of CSN. But, I am glad that she finished off Pova thus making Ashe available for others. :dance3:

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
CSN has surprised me all tournament - I thought her career was slowly drifting into insignificance.

I turned away to the news after CSN allowed Sharapova to hold serve at 4-1, then turning back to see the score was 4-3 meaning she lost serve as well! I'll catch it later on the repeat I guess! I'll always cheer on anyone who takes out Maria; one of the most overhyped top stars in recent memory! No doubt she has accomplishments, but nothing approaching the adulation, internet hits, and willingness of the world to make her a billionaire! :whistle: :nono: :facepalm: :eek: :rolleyes:

Reactions: golds girl

tenisplayrla08

Major Winner
Reactions
I am not a fan of CSN. But, I am glad that she finished off Pova thus making Ashe available for others. :dance3:

I mean, after tomorrow, when Sharapova wouldn't be playing anyways, every match would be on Ashe anyways.... soooo yeah.

I get the sentiment. But sort of moot at this point.

Reactions: AnonymousFan

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
I mean, after tomorrow, when Sharapova wouldn't be playing anyways, every match would be on Ashe anyways.... soooo yeah.

I get the sentiment. But sort of moot at this point.

Ya, it is true. But, at least we don't have to see her any more in this tourney.

Reactions: AnonymousFan

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Carla was so good and I was worried that she would go on a mental walkabout.She was near perfect...pova tried to intimidate her .....grunting louder and louder and baby girl stood her ground.She said ..not tonight Satan..not on my birthday..lol

Sundaymorningguy

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
It will be interesting to see what Serena’s plan is against Pliskova. I think someone like a Pliskova plucks Serena’s nerves because Serena is “the serve” and watching someone else rain down aces and unreturnables is agitating to say the least. I know she better have that return ready and cranking from the start.

isabelle

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Carla was so good and I was worried that she would go on a mental walkabout.She was near perfect...pova tried to intimidate her .....grunting louder and louder and baby girl stood her ground.She said ..not tonight Satan..not on my birthday..lol
hope she won't be intimidated by awful Williams's grunting and screams