US OPEN 2018, Flushing Meadows, NY, USA, GRAND SLAM (Women)

golds girl

Major Winner
Reactions
Interested to see whether there are any other possible upsets during this day session...

Reactions: AnonymousFan

golds girl

Major Winner
Reactions
It's as if she didn't go back and watch last year's match to learn anything new on approaching this girl. This is the same thing the girl did last year. She hit dropshot after dropshot. That's her game, that's how she plays. She took Pova out last year doing the same exact thing.
My wi-fi was in and out so didn't really see all the droppers, just a few and thought they were heat-related.
If that's her game...that's pretty darned boring.:scratch:

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
My wi-fi was in and out so didn't really see all the droppers, just a few and thought they were heat-related.
If that's her game...that's pretty darned boring.:scratch:
Oh it's her game alright. You can expect at least one per game.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
If Pliskobot loses tonight, all members of top 10 can join together for a vacation.

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Scone overplayed during the hardcourt season and because of exhaustation she paid for it today.Her coach is blatantly coaching her on court ....unbelievable.

Sundaymorningguy

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
You know I hope Serena sends Pliskova packing. I have watched some of her matches, and I don’t really like her game. Fortunately, if she gets a serve in, you don’t have to watch too much of it. Watching her move is torture.

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
You know I hope Serena sends Pliskova packing. I have watched some of her matches, and I don’t really like her game. Fortunately, if she gets a serve in, you don’t have to watch too much of it. Watching her move is torture.
she is very boring kinda robotic....she will make a good couple with John Isner

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Scone overplayed during the hardcourt season and because of exhaustation she paid for it today.Her coach is blatantly coaching her on court ....unbelievable.
LOL. Still doesn't help apparently as Simona handled her azz twice in finals, Vekic in Wimby, Mertens in Cincy and Seva today.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
If Serena goes out tonight we'll have a new slam champ. As it is no one from the bottom half has even been to a slam final except for Keys

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
So Evert says the height of the ball is giving Serena fits on the return. If that's the case, you need to adjust your position. I have a hard time believing that she wouldn't have prepared for this by having a taller hitting partner throwing those kick serves at her

Reactions: golds girl

golds girl

Major Winner
Reactions
So Evert says the height of the ball is giving Serena fits on the return. If that's the case, you need to adjust your position. I have a hard time believing that she wouldn't have prepared for this by having a taller hitting partner throwing those kick serves at her
Isn't Venus pretty tall?

golds girl

Major Winner
Reactions
Strong game from Serena.
Sometimes I feel like Evert is harder on Serena than everyone else?

Reactions: kskate2

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Isn't Venus pretty tall?
Yes, but Vee doesn't serve w/ a lot of kick. Her serves are mainly flat. Patrick should/would have studied how Pliskobot serves and then mimic that in the practices so she can get ready for the returns.

Reactions: golds girl

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Wow. Pliskobot completely imploded and loses the set 6-4

golds girl

Major Winner
Reactions
Wow....there was a point there that it looked like Serena was going to cry. She really rallied