Upset Corner - Wimbledon 2017 Edition

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
the only Wimbledon winner left is Venus and I feel she will beat Osaka...

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I have interviewed Pliskova at Apia International,Sydney a few years back,a delightful young lady with loads of natural talent,very laid back....though to me she hasn't got that 'killer instinct' at times on court.I thought she had a good chance of making the final.
she overplays before big events,this year she played Brisbane and lost at AO17She is kinda boring to watch and is very robotic...when is she going to play her sister remember how Venus and Serena used to play each other at every slam before finals even Aga never plays her sister the way the Williams used to play against each other..

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
she overplays before big events,this year she played Brisbane and lost at AO17She is kinda boring to watch and is very robotic...when is she going to play her sister remember how Venus and Serena used to play each other at every slam before finals even Aga never plays her sister the way the Williams used to play against each other..
2 very important things to remember. Aga's sister and Plskobot's twin are not that good. They're unlikely to meet because more than half the time they don't qualify for the same tournaments as their siblings.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions

I would like Pliskova to add some spin on her shots at times,she is a very flat hitter of the ball,she is a good doubles player,her serve when on is just effortless.I see you mean at times her play is robotic,though when I think of a player being robotic Maria Sharapova comes to mind:) I picked Pliskova to win the USO last year,her serve let her down at critical times in the match.Interesting to see how she performs at the USO this year as she has finalists points to defend.

Last edited:

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
I expect an upset free today. There is some small chance of Ana taking out PR though. Rest should go with the projected winner even though some of them won't be easy or straightforward wins.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
I expect an upset free today. There is some small chance of Ana taking out PR though. Rest should go with the projected winner even though some of them won't be easy or straightforward wins.

Good call GSM, PR sent home by Ana.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
I expect Saturday to be relatively quiet as well. I am predicting with confidence that Aga will be taken out by Timea. Aga is on a free fall this year and Timea is full of confidence at the moment.

Other minor possibilities are Riske taking out Coco and Sorana taking out Garbage.

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I expect Saturday to be relatively quiet as well. I am predicting with confidence that Aga will be taken out by Timea. Aga is on a free fall this year and Timea is full of confidence at the moment.

Other minor possibilities are Riske taking out Coco and Sorana taking out Garbage.
Aga will beat Timea..I want lady boy gone and Cirstea can do it..

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Shelby Rogers has a real shot at Kerber.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Aga will beat Timea..I want lady boy gone and Cirstea can do it..
She didn't. Did you ever explain what it is you have against Muguruza?

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Spoke too soon.
Shelby is like most of the US squad not named Williams. A severe choker. Besides, she's not in the best shape and cannot hang in a marathon match. All the more reason to be aggressive and go after the Kerbie weak 2nd serve, but she didn't which is why she lost.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Shelby is like most of the US squad not named Williams. A severe choker. Besides, she's not in the best shape and cannot hang in a marathon match. All the more reason to be aggressive and go after the Kerbie weak 2nd serve, but she didn't which is why she lost.
Thanks for the scouting report. She is a chubby little thing. How does that even work with a professional athlete?

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Thanks for the scouting report. She is a chubby little thing. How does that even work with a professional athlete?
It doesn't work Mox, that's why she'll never really flourish until she gets into peak shape. Same thing w/ Townsend. You have to be able to rally a little and play some defense if you want to excel on the tour.

Tenfan63

Futures Player
Reactions
It doesn't work Mox, that's why she'll never really flourish until she gets into peak shape. Same thing w/ Townsend. You have to be able to rally a little and play some defense if you want to excel on the tour.
the USTA had issues with Townsend's weight but I haven't hear anything about Shelby's weight.

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
She didn't. Did you ever explain what it is you have against Muguruza?
she gives me bad vibes and I am never wrong about my feelings.I also get bad vibes about Timea Genie Mattek Sands and Konta...something is not right in the water..#fake

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I like Shelby she is a sweetheart..she doesnt have an atheletic body but she can compete with the atheletic girls..she gave Kerber trouble today and she could have won if she had played someone like Aga..

Last edited:
Reactions: Moxie

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Finally, a day with zero upsets. Must be a rare occurrence in WTA. So, let us take a moment to celebrate. :clap::clap::clap:

In all eight matches, the favorites won. :yahoo: