Upset corner: AO 2018 edition

Denis

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
^ an upset is always a joy to watch if it doesn’t concern a player you root for. Rosol - Nadal, Starkhovski - Fed, etc all great memories.

Not as good as those matches where Djokovic took those two out I’ll admit though. 2011 spring season is still by far my favorite YouTube tennis match revisits.

Reactions: Fiero425

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
^ an upset is always a joy to watch if it doesn’t concern a player you root for. Rosol - Nadal, Starkhovski - Fed, etc all great memories.

Not as good as those matches where Djokovic took those two out I’ll admit though. 2011 spring season is still by far my favorite YouTube tennis match revisits.

Novak has owned Roger for the most part since 2010! Someone needs to go look at the record! The only time I think Djokovic will have serious trouble with "Gramps" is in Cinci with those fast arse courts! Nole's won all their important matches the last several years; 2 Wimbledons, USO, YEC, and of course "down under" on several occasions! Some need to catch up! :whistle: :lol3: :nono: :popcorn :rolleyes:

Attachments

• clear[1].png
    clear[1].png
    137 bytes · Views: 71
Reactions: Denis

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Chung just smoked Zverev in the final set. I said after the Hopman Cup that Zverev's camp has to be worried about how he's losing these matches - taking a walk about in the final set. The Top 10 Sophomore Slump is real...

I posted in my 2018 predictions that Sasha will not reach the SF of even a single GS this year.

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Thiem to be upset on HC is not novelty, mainly expected.
I hope Nole will get better from here on.I wish he went farther in this event, but obviously he had to reached yet his level pre injury.

Busted

Major Winner
Reactions
I posted in my 2018 predictions that Sasha will not reach the SF of even a single GS this year.

I don't disagree with that assessment. Did you see what Federer said he told Sascha after the Chung match? Basically he said Zverev was really bumming so he told him to stop pressuring himself to make the SF and F and set a lower goal. That when he was that age he set a goal of QF and didn't make a final until he was almost 22. You'd think the kid would take that to heart, but who knows.

Reactions: Moxie

isabelle

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Manacor's bull defeated by Cilic (ret)

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I don't disagree with that assessment. Did you see what Federer said he told Sascha after the Chung match? Basically he said Zverev was really bumming so he told him to stop pressuring himself to make the SF and F and set a lower goal. That when he was that age he set a goal of QF and didn't make a final until he was almost 22. You'd think the kid would take that to heart, but who knows.

Fed's becoming a bit of a mentor to Sascha. There was a nice segment at the Hopman Cup where he interjected a discussion between Sascha and Borg.