Tennis Bracket Predictions

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Just a reminder for those wishing to enter the tennis draw bracket challenge.

1. Goto http://www.tennisdrawchallenge.com/ and register a new account (or login if you have played before)

2. When you are registered, click the GROUP menu option (at the top) and join the Discuss.Tennis Group. (if this is your first go)

3. Then click BRACKET menu option at the top and you'll see the tournaments for either WTA or ATP. Click In the second column, you will see a "Make your picks now" link. Click on this to make your picks. You can toggle between ATP and WTA tournament listing by clicking the "WTA" and "ATP" buttons at the top.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I think it would be helpful if we made a thread for each bracket. The link is not that intuitive to navigate, and I'm having problems making it work even now. But if we have a thread for each event, then folks like Jammy also don't have to jump over to ATP to see results. What do you think? Also then, people might join, tourney-by-tourney.

Reactions: Jammymich

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
As long as @Bert doesn't mind hopping between WTA and ATP threads as he posts the updates then it would probably work better.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I keep trying to make my picks for Madrid, but the draw is completely blank. I don't think it's me.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I keep trying to make my picks for Madrid, but the draw is completely blank. I don't think it's me.
The ATP one is blank (they haven't drawn it yet), the WTA isn't. Click on the Bracket option (Top menu on their website) and then click WTA-Edit and then click in the second column of Madrid in the list of tournaments...

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Got it. This is the confusion of having WTA and ATP conflated. I thought I only had a little time to pick for ATP. Anyway, I'll make my WTA picks, and do ATP when it comes up.

Billie

Nole fan
Reactions
The draw for ATP Madrid tournament is tomorrow, so we can't pick until we know the draw.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
@britbox no worries if we modify the thread and do one for each tournament.
I think that would get more people in. Put the link at the top, so they can always start. I'd love to make a big party out of it!

Reactions: Bert

Billie

Nole fan
Reactions
The ATP Madrid Open draw challenge is now ready, @Moxie don't forget. Anybody else want to join in, please do.

In a surprising turn of events, I have Nole and Rafa in the final. How imaginative.:lol3:

Billie

Nole fan
Reactions
It's a hard one. There are few matches which are really not easy to predict... even if I got a Nadal - Djoko final too :)

There were more than few for me, Bert. Anybody who thinks ATP tour is predictable, they better revise that opinion.;-):

Jammymich

Club Member and WTA Fan
Reactions
Some tough match ups in Madrid both on ATP and WTA. Thiem/Del Petro in the first round. That is mean!

Reactions: britbox

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Some tough match ups in Madrid both on ATP and WTA. Thiem/Del Petro in the first round. That is mean!
Brutal... but I think Thiem takes that one. It's going to take a while for Delpo to get back in the mix properly. Ooops... I forgot you were competition in the bracket... Delpo in straight sets is my suggestion.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
The ATP Madrid Open draw challenge is now ready, @Moxie don't forget. Anybody else want to join in, please do.

In a surprising turn of events, I have Nole and Rafa in the final. How imaginative.:lol3:
Thanks for reminding me. I still have a little time, I think. I'm not sure I want Rafa to go deep, and not convinced I want him to face Djoker yet. This will be tricky. Heart v. head....

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

That is mean. JMDP really can't catch a break in the draws. Another tricky first round: Verdasco v. Monaco. Both playing well, but streaky. Fairly evenly matched?