Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Sinner in 5

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

shawnbm

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I like both of these guys so I will be happy by the one wins, but I think I would like to see Carlos winning even more because that would give him a major on all three of the major surfaces at the youngest age ever. If the Italian wins, I will be extremely happy as he would have two of the three major surfaces under his belt and he would have an opportunity to make history at Wimbledon later this summer.

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
They’re young guys, both with very good technique. They have advanced pretty handily through their draw. They are the biggest challenge either of them have faced. They’re not trying to lose, but they are both playing through some nerves and it’s not pretty.

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Alcaraz had all under control and now he can't win a game anymore. I mean Sinner was cramping and you don't take the opportunity?

Reactions: AnonymousFan

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Alcaraz had all under control and now he can't win a game anymore. I mean Sinner was cramping and you don't take the opportunity?
I wonder about that too...

Also, what is this type of returning from Alcaraz?!

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
honestly feels like neither of them gives a damn. Hard to get invested in something when the protagonists are behaving this way. Making me miss the big 3 match ups!

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
honestly feels like neither of them gives a damn. Hard to get invested in something when the protagonists are behaving this way. Making me miss the big 3 match ups!
I can't believe for a second that they don't give a damn. They're both young, and nerves are a part of it.

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I won’t be too disappointed if or when Sinner loses this match because I knew the surface will help Alcaraz create the rally tolerance he needs against Sinner.

As for Sinner, the only thing I was disappointed was his serve, but I get on why he was struggling on his serve during crucial moments. In addition, this match just gives me confidence that he will actually do really well in Wimbledon and US Open.

Reactions: Moxie

shawnbm

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Sinner serving to stay in the match 2-5 down in fifth set! Forza Jannik

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Goodness me the match isnt over as yet? lol!
Posters are already congratulationg Carlos :)

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
For what it's worth, Zach Cohen has a good write up on tennis.com pointing out that Alcaraz beat Sinner in Indian Wells which is very slow and therefore comparable to clay. He has Sinner +4.5 games as the bet for this match meaning Alcaraz is expected to win, but when you add up total games won by each player, if you add on 5 games to Sinner's total, your bet wins. He also says he isn't sure if Alcaraz can beat this peak level of Sinner though.

Also, so much for the hip and forearm, both look fine. This shouldn't impact things.

That was a good pick by Cohen and has cashed.

• Haha
Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Alcaraz to serve for the match and a place in the final at 5-3
BTW Its not over till the Umpire calls it :)