Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Sinner in 5

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Who do you want to win? Who do you THINK will win?

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I really like both players, but I lean Alcaraz. And, with Sinner getting the number 1 this week, I think it would make it spicy if Carlitos were to win. However, if Jannik wins, he's got the CYGS in play.

Personally, I think the winner of this semi wins the title.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
I really like both players, but I lean Alcaraz. And, with Sinner getting the number 1 this week, I think it would make it spicy if Carlitos were to win. However, if Jannik wins, he's got the CYGS in play.

Personally, I think the winner of this semi wins the title.

It's a shame this is a Semi-Final instead of the Final! Novak being winless so far this season reminds me of 1987! Martina Navratilova was having an odd time of it where she was in final after final, but lost them all until Wimbledon! She held the #1 ranking thru that period w/ Peter Graf threatening to create a new tour since Steffi didn't acquire the #1 ranking until later that Summer! IIRC she was the #1 seed at the USO, but still lost to the "old lady" in straight sets! Martina was sporting a new haircut; a flat top shag #! It was the beginning of the end as she never won another major until Wimbledon 1990! That w/b nice for Novak, but I think he cares more about preparing for the Olympics on clay over an 8th title at Wimbledon! :face-with-hand-over-mouth: :astonished-face: :fearful-face: :yawningface: :face-with-head-bandage:

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I said from the start of this tournament Alcaraz has the weapons to win a RG title, he has shown his forearm isnt a concern during the tournament
If this was played on another surface I would favor my Italian, I still dont think this clay surface suits Sinner, though considering last year's performance when he lost in the 2nd round, making the SF here in 2024 is a good steady achievement, in saying that it would not surprise me if Sinner won, as these 2 players have had some close contests in the past and Sinner has beaten Alcaraz on clay at the Umag tournament.

Reactions: AnonymousFan

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
For what it's worth, Zach Cohen has a good write up on tennis.com pointing out that Alcaraz beat Sinner in Indian Wells which is very slow and therefore comparable to clay. He has Sinner +4.5 games as the bet for this match meaning Alcaraz is expected to win, but when you add up total games won by each player, if you add on 5 games to Sinner's total, your bet wins. He also says he isn't sure if Alcaraz can beat this peak level of Sinner though.

Also, so much for the hip and forearm, both look fine. This shouldn't impact things.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
For what it's worth, Zach Cohen has a good write up on tennis.com pointing out that Alcaraz beat Sinner in Indian Wells which is very slow and therefore comparable to clay. He has Sinner +4.5 games as the bet for this match meaning Alcaraz is expected to win, but when you add up total games won by each player, if you add on 5 games to Sinner's total, your bet wins. He also says he isn't sure if Alcaraz can beat this peak level of Sinner though.

Also, so much for the hip and forearm, both look fine. This shouldn't impact things.

Sinner did defeat Alcaraz on clay at the Umag tourament, though I have gone with Alcaraz to win RG from the start of the tournament

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Sinner did defeat Alcaraz on clay at the Umag tourament, though I have gone with Alcaraz to win RG from the start of the tournament
Yeah I remember watching that and he played great but that was also best of 3, not 5.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Yeah I remember watching that and he played great but that was also best of 3, not 5.
True, that tournament was in 2022 as well, seeing Sinner lost in the 2nd rd last year at RG he has made improvements on clay this year reaching his first SF at RG

Last edited:
Reactions: Front242

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I picked Alcaraz too in my draw against Sinner and on top I have Ruud-Zverev so I picked Zverev. For the final I went with Alcaraz. Got lucky with the draw this time. There's loads of guys who picked Sinner to win this match and it's a good pick too. Their level is similar and the match could go either way, but I give slight advantage to Carlos, because I feel he has a bit of advantage on this surface.

We shall see. I hope the match will be fun. Voted Acaraz in 5.

Reactions: Moxie

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I picked Alcaraz too in my draw against Sinner and on top I have Ruud-Zverev so I picked Zverev. For the final I went with Alcaraz. Got lucky with the draw this time. There's loads of guys who picked Sinner to win this match and it's a good pick too. Their level is similar and the match could go either way, but I give slight advantage to Carlos, because I feel he has a bit of advantage on this surface.

We shall see. I hope the match will be fun. Voted Acaraz in 5.
I went Alcaraz in 5, too. But it could definitely go either way. I do like both of these players, though I lean Alcaraz, and if it wasn't going to be Rafa, they are my one and two picks to take it home. I heard Roddick also say he thinks the winner of this match takes the title.

...And Sinner starts us off by breaking Alcaraz out of the gate.

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Yeah, Alcaraz is missing a lot. He does tend to have slow starts in these big matches. This set seems over already.

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Smart tactic those loopy balls from Carlos. He needs to get going here, 2nd set is around the corner.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Alcaraz broken to start the first. Annacone says he has kinesio tape on his hips, implying the back? But head-scratching UFEs.

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Alcaraz broken to start the first. Annacone says he has kinesio tape on his hips, implying the back? But head-scratching UFEs.
He tight af. Nervous like the last year SF. Sinner just playing his game, rock solid.

Reactions: Moxie

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Alcaraz is mixing it up good right now. Some slower balls (Nadal like), some bombs and net play. Serving much better than Sinner.

I just wish he stays away from dropshots, he only tried a few so far and didn't work too well. It used to be a nightmare for his opponents, but right now is more of a weakness.

Reactions: rafanoy1992

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Alcaraz is mixing it up good right now. Some slower balls (Nadal like), some bombs and net play. Serving much better than Sinner.

I just wish he stays away from dropshots, he only tried a few so far and didn't work too well. It used to be a nightmare for his opponents, but right now is more of a weakness.
This is where Clay will help Alcaraz the longer the match goes like this.

Reactions: don_fabio

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

I think he was trying to do this before, but wasn't executing, and, as you said, he was "tight af." Boy, he has loosened up. Look at that shot he just broke on.

I also think he's too stubborn to give up on his drop shots today.

Reactions: don_fabio

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Sinner’s serve deserted him that game. It looks like Alcaraz will win this set now.