Roland Garros Order Of Play - Day 9: Monday, June 3

Johnsteinbeck

Major Winner
Reactions
seems like he'll be needing your support, too. down a break in the third now as well. anyone watching - feel free to post some impressions! :)

justapasserby

Reactions
This kholscheirber match is showing who fans of the big 3 fear, it's fun when the pot is stirred. :)

I.Haychew

Major Winner
Reactions
Front242 said:
britbox said:
Usually root for Kohlscreiber in most matches (like his game) but need Nole to come through this.

Yup. Same here.

Thirded. And by the way...What in the world happened to Dr. Y? Saw the scoreline after, thankfully, sleeping through the match. Did his racquets not have strings or something?

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I. Haychew said:
Front242 said:
britbox said:
Usually root for Kohlscreiber in most matches (like his game) but need Nole to come through this.

Yup. Same here.

Thirded. And by the way...What in the world happened to Dr. Y? Saw the scoreline after, thankfully, sleeping through the match. Did his racquets not have strings or something?

Didn't see it unfortunately.

Johnsteinbeck

Major Winner
Reactions
^ well, one racquet did not have anything after he gave it a taste of Youzhnyrage.
[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=wrgKTYIvWCo&feature=endscreen[/video]weirdest thing: this is not a remix, he really hit it like 7 times.

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
OMG,,,Tommy Haas face is botoxed to death...thats surprising for a man to have a Bruce Jenner face...

Murat Baslamisli

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
www.drummershangout.ca
reddy said:
1972Murat said:
Gasquet-Wawrinka, a single handed backhand lover's wet dream...May the person with the best DTL backhand win.

Add Youzhny v Haas, and with Kohli in action today in addition to Fed and Robredo already making it to the QF, this is a seemingly rare bonanza (atleast for the 4th rd of a slam) for single handed backhand fans.

I am guessing it is directly proportional to the higher age average this year as mentioned in an other thread...so I am not holding my breath :blush:

Johnsteinbeck

Major Winner
Reactions
^ true... with the (possible) exception of Dimitrov, there aren't really a whole lot of young up-and-comers with one-handers, are there? a shame, really.

funny thing, during the first set of Simon v Fed (before they switched to Handball!! grrr), my mum peaked in on the match, and asked me "isn't it just the ladies who play two-handed backhands?" ... she'd marvelled at the featherweight Simon (70kg at 183cm/154lbs at 6'!), and thought he just *had* to use two hands because he wouldn't be strong enough to do it with one arm ;)
/random

El Dude

The GOAT
Reactions
I usually root against Djokovic because he's always the top dog, but I wanted him to win because otherwise he's the only real chance of anyone beating Rafa.

Johnsteinbeck

Major Winner
Reactions
i'm a bit shocked that so many people around here are rooting for/against a player just so that he can take down another player (usually Novak/Rafa) *lol*

Denis

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
johnsteinbeck said:
i'm a bit shocked that so many people around here are rooting for/against a player just so that he can take down another player (usually Novak/Rafa) *lol*

Me too, fear seems to have the upperhand these days.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I don't see how it's so shocking. Federer won't win here going through Nadal, so if Nole stays in the tournament then it increases Federer's (slim) chances.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Likewise, I'm guessing most Nadal fans would happily see a Djokovic exit prior to a potential semi-final meet.

Johnsteinbeck

Major Winner
Reactions
britbox said:
I don't see how it's so shocking. Federer won't win here going through Nadal, so if Nole stays in the tournament then it increases Federer's (slim) chances.
well, i was kind of kidding with the "shocking" bit. let's say i was entertained by the fact that this aspect, in various forms, was reiterated a lot today :)

britbox said:
Likewise, I'm guessing most Nadal fans would happily see a Djokovic exit prior to a potential semi-final meet.
yeah, but you're on a more complicated level. it's one thing to think "i hope Djokovic loses so Rafa doesn't have to face him", but another to go "i hope Djokovic wins so he can go on to beat Rafa, so Fed doesn't have to play Rafa if he makes it to the final and instead maybe even win it against Novak." ;)

Mog

Pro Tour Player
Reactions
El Dude said:
I usually root against Djokovic because he's always the top dog, but I wanted him to win because otherwise he's the only real chance of anyone beating Rafa.
Good reasons El Dude.

BalaryKar

Futures Player
Reactions
No matter whether Nadal or Djokovic turn up for the final, Fed is still the best bet from the other half. Is it good or bad, I have no answer. It is certainly good for Federer

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Well, the sunny weather this week definitely perked up Rafa's game.

Haha, I hope it's made of cheese.