Roland Garros Order Of Play - Day 9: Monday, June 3

tented

Administrator
Reactions

(All matches, on all courts, are listed in order to give you a feel for when everything will begin and end.)

Court Philippe Chatrier - 11:00 AM

Francesca Schiavone (ITA) vs. Victoria Azarenka (BLR) (3)

Novak Djokovic (SRB) (1) vs. Philipp Kohlschreiber (GER) (16)

Rafael Nadal (ESP) (3) vs. Kei Nishikori (JPN) (13)

Sloane Stephens (USA) (17) vs. Maria Sharapova (RUS) (2)

Court Suzanne Lenglen - 11:00 AM

Tommy Haas (GER) (12) vs. Mikhail Youzhny (RUS) (29)

Bethanie Mattek-Sands (USA) vs. Maria Kirilenko (RUS) (12)

Stanislas Wawrinka (SUI) (9) vs. Richard Gasquet (FRA) (7)

Jamie Hampton (USA) vs. Jelena Jankovic (SRB) (18)

Court 1 - 11:00 AM

Shuai Zhang (CHN) (13) / Jie Zheng (CHN) (13) vs. Andrea Hlavackova (CZE) (2) / Lucie Hradecka (CZE) (2)

Grigor Dimitrov (BUL) / Frederik Nielsen (DEN) vs. Alexander Peya (AUT) (7) / Bruno Soares (BRA) (7)

Michael Llodra (FRA) / Nicolas Mahut (FRA) vs. Treat Huey (PHI) / Dominic Inglot (GBR)

Katarina Srebotnik (SLO) (3) / Nenad Zimonjic (SRB) (3) vs. Kristina Mladenovic (FRA) (5) / Daniel Nestor (CAN) (5)

Court 2 - Not Before: 12:00 PM

Svetlana Kuznetsova (RUS) / Flavia Pennetta (ITA) vs. Kristina Mladenovic (FRA) (10) / Galina Voskoboeva (KAZ) (10)

Francesca Schiavone (ITA) / Samantha Stosur (AUS) vs. Cara Black (ZIM) / Marina Erakovic (NZL)

Roberto Bautista Agut (ESP) / Daniel Gimeno-Traver (ESP) vs. Tomasz Bednarek (POL) / Jerzy Janowicz (POL)

Court 3 - Not Before: 12:00 PM

Alla Kudryavtseva (RUS) / Anastasia Rodionova (AUS) vs. Varvara Lepchenko (USA) / Saisai Zheng (CHN)

Sara Errani (ITA) (1) / Roberta Vinci (ITA) (1) vs. Julie Coin (FRA) / Pauline Parmentier (FRA)

Natalie Grandin (RSA) / Filip Polasek (SVK) vs. Lucie Hradecka (CZE) / Frantisek Cermak (CZE)

Court 7 - 11:00 AM

Feliciano Lopez (ESP) / Andre Sa (BRA) vs. David Marrero (ESP) (8) / Fernando Verdasco (ESP) (8)

Aisam-Ul-Haq Qureshi (PAK) (6) / Jean-Julien Rojer (NED) (6) vs. Pablo Cuevas (URU) / Horacio Zeballos (ARG)

Marcel Granollers (ESP) (2) / Marc Lopez (ESP) (2) vs. Juan Sebastian Cabal [col) / Robert Farah [col)

Lauren Davis (USA) / Megan Moulton-Levy (USA) vs. Bethanie Mattek-Sands (USA) (7) / Sania Mirza (IND) (7)

Cara Black (ZIM) / Aisam-Ul-Haq Qureshi (PAK) vs. Nadia Petrova (RUS) / Juan Sebastian Cabal

T.B.A - Not Before: 6:00 PM

Liezel Huber (USA) (8) / Marcelo Melo (BRA) (8) vs. Jelena Jankovic (SRB) / Leander Paes (IND)

Srini

Futures Player
Reactions
Hoping Nishikori takes a set off Rafa. Gasquet Vs Wawrinka should be fun, hoping Wawrinka gets to QF.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
If Haas is well-recovered, I think he takes Youzhny.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I. Haychew said:
Moxie629 said:

Youzhny must win...Dr.'s orders! ;)

I know you love him, but Tommy has the big mo. And the better game, I think, for RG, if he's not done-in.

I.Haychew

Major Winner
Reactions
Moxie629 said:
I. Haychew said:
Moxie629 said:

I know you love him, but Tommy has the big mo. And the better game, I think, for RG, if he's not done-in.

I think it could be a good one. They seem to be pretty evenly matched. By the way, the good doctor did beat Haas in Rome this year. Anyway, for Youzhny's sake, I hope Haas is toast (although I doubt he is, because he appears to be extremely fit). However, a Haas/Djokovic QF would probably be more competitive than a Youzhny/Djokovic QF. Regardless, GO YOUZHNY!!!
Oh, and what's a "mo"?

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
"Mo" is momentum. Haas has got to get tired at some point if he doesn't shorten up his matches. I have a hard time wrapping my arms around your man, Youzhny, but he's certainly making a run of it. We shall see.

Mastoor

Major Winner
Reactions
Moxie629 said:
I. Haychew said:
Moxie629 said:

Isn't Youzhniy fresher of the two?

reddy

Reactions
1972Murat said:
Gasquet-Wawrinka, a single handed backhand lover's wet dream...May the person with the best DTL backhand win.

Add Youzhny v Haas, and with Kohli in action today in addition to Fed and Robredo already making it to the QF, this is a seemingly rare bonanza (atleast for the 4th rd of a slam) for single handed backhand fans.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Hopefully Youzhny v Haas doesn't come to this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fi-CgSO9Evw

Johnsteinbeck

Major Winner
Reactions
^ weirdest thing about that one is that he actually turned the match around with this. glad that it didn't catch on, though.

El Dude

The GOAT
Reactions
Congrats to Tommy Haas for making his first Slam QF since 2009. At age 35, to boot. How amazing is that?

Now I don't think he'll beat Novak in a best of five, but Novak's got to be sweating a bit remembering Miami

Johnsteinbeck

Major Winner
Reactions
^ you think so? about as much as he was sweating recalling Madrid before he played Grigor.

that said - what?! Tommy already played and already won? a bit shocked, for some reason, i expected second week tennis not to start at 11. then again, this is still the fourth round.

VERY glad for Tommy, especially for doing it in this manner. pretty awesome :) Youzhny must've played ... weird, though. if the stats aren't off, Youzhny won <40% of his 1st(!?) serves. i think Devvarman posted similar numbers v Fed in the second. that's harsh.

Kohlschreiber up a break v Djokovic in the first. don't expect this to last, though.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
LOL likewise, I didn't even know it had started and what a beatdown from Haas. Wow! Two breadsticks! I'm gonna have to take a half day to see his match against Djokovic (no disrespect Kohlschreiber!) and Fed v Tsonga. Two crackers.

Johnsteinbeck

Major Winner
Reactions
well, he did just hold, after being down 15-30. 5-3 Kohlschreiber now, with Novak serving next. anyone watching?

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Tommy gonna crack the top ten before Wimbledon so? Of course he's defending Halle (which I reckon he has a great shot at defending).

Johnsteinbeck

Major Winner
Reactions
and Kohlschreiber takes the first. wow, who would've thought. seems that after the break, though, his service games were closer than Novak's, so it probably won't last.

fun fact: the two frenchmen and David Ferrer are the last men standing not to have lost a set all tournament.

also, i wasn't aware that Kohlschreiber had a walkover in the second round. probably part of why i didn't attention to his form all that much so far (though i did see him play Hanescu).

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Usually root for Kohlscreiber in most matches (like his game) but need Nole to come through this.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
britbox said:
Usually root for Kohlscreiber in most matches (like his game) but need Nole to come through this.

Yup. Same here.