Roland Garros Order Of Play - Day 2: Monday, May 27

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
RE: Roland Garros Order Of Play - Day 2

Plays a lot of challengers but 25 is not past his best before date by any means these days so hopefully he can build on this. Reached Wimbledon 4th round before and could be very dangerous there the first week with the faster grass. A lot of guys out there won't want to play him.

tenisplayrla08

Major Winner
Reactions

herios said:
Cahill is right, Brands should have accomplished more in his career than he did, with the type of game he has. He spent most of it, outside of the top 100, and he is already 25 y old.

Well his lack of mental fortitude may have something to do with it. We all know that tennis is at least 50% mental. But I think maybe we need to consider it part of their game. If we do, then his game isn't all that great.

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions

Excellent debut by the youngest player in the draw, aussie hope Kyrgios, defeating Stepanek in 3 tiebreaks.

tenisplayrla08 said:
herios said:
Cahill is right, Brands should have accomplished more in his career than he did, with the type of game he has. He spent most of it, outside of the top 100, and he is already 25 y old.

Well his lack of mental fortitude may have something to do with it. We all know that tennis is at least 50% mental. But I think maybe we need to consider it part of their game. If we do, then his game isn't all that great.

You are right, but I think he'll get confidence after taking a set from Nadal at RG, he'll play better and move up in the rankings. He's had his best season this year in his careeer and he could continue that.

tenisplayrla08

Major Winner
Reactions

herios said:
Excellent debut by the youngest player in the draw, aussie hope Kyrgios, defeating Stepanek in 3 tiebreaks.

tenisplayrla08 said:
herios said:

You are right, but I think he'll get confidence after taking a set from Nadal at RG, he'll play better and move up in the rankings. He's had his best season this year in his careeer and he could continue that.

Yeah, I was noticing that this is his best season already. So he is probably already feeling rather confident, or at least more than he used to and that helped him today. Hopefully he feels more confident after today.

Denis

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions

herios said:

Saw that too! Good result. I was curious how well he would do. Did you see anything of it? Plays Cilic next, that might be a bit too much.

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions

Denisovich said:
herios said:

Saw that too! Good result. I was curious how well he would do. Did you see anything of it? Plays Cilic next, that might be a bit too much.

No, I have not. I hope to see him in the next round.

Denis

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions

Rosol won his match too. One match away from total annihilation and the wrath of Rafa fans.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions

I will have to look out for this Kyrgios fellow in the future. Anyone see the match today? Figure Cilic will be a bit too much next round but a nice win today.

Denis

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions

Check out the new chat function at the bottom. People are watching. I've seen parts of the first set. It's a great match really. Great hard hitting exchanges, Berdych making a bit more mistakes.

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions

Denisovich said:
Rosol won his match too. One match away from total annihilation and the wrath of Rafa fans.

I doubt that match will happen. i am picking Fognini to dispose of Rosol.

Denis

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions

herios said:
Denisovich said:

:D Fognini is a tough one to count on though. He's a better player, but crazy as hell. He can tank a match smiling.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions

1972Murat said:
Monf up 2 sets. Anyone watching care to share why..?

Monfils serving well and getting everything back in play. Berd has had some bad misses in big moments too. Seems like Berd has turned momentum around though.

BalaryKar

Futures Player
Reactions

There are two things over which I was amused. Berd-Fed sf, and Berd is already 2 sets down. No, it hurts me to see bird down, but thats what reality is. I can't understand why people are so particular about Rosol being humiliated by Nadal. I am aware that it can be very lopsided in favor of Nadal. However, looking at the way Rosol served out the match at wimby, I am sure that he won't be intimitated by the prospect of facing Nadal at Roland Garros, and what a victory it would be for him to take a set from Nadal which does not look unrealistic at all. Berd is now leading 3-0 in the third set and hope he claws his way to 2R.

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions

Denisovich said:
herios said:
Denisovich said:

:D Fognini is a tough one to count on though. He's a better player, but crazy as hell. He can tank a match smiling.

I know Fognini can be erratic, but this is his best surface and normally he should prevail.

crystalfire

Major Winner
Reactions

so really hoping monfils pulls out the win. for feds cause.

Johnsteinbeck

Major Winner
Reactions

crystalfire said:
so really hoping monfils pulls out the win. for feds cause.

Berd is struggling in the first round, and you worry about a potential SF matchup? mind you, i wouldn't mind Fed not facing Berdych, but that's all so far from now. and i'd rather have Fed actually play good and beat Berdych than make it far only on the grounds of lacking resistance.

plus, Berd has some other serious obstacle in his path (Ferru).

god, i love it when Berd just DESTROYS the ball. i'd love for Gael to pull it off, but i just really enjoy it when Berdych just goes for it. ;)

wow. i didn't think Monf would see another chance after losing the breaker. then gets two break points in Berd's second service game here. incredible point on the second, Berd in command, then slips, almost loses the point for it but Monf nets the chance. another breakpoint now...

big second serve, bold rush to the net after a cc bh, then Monf's pass attempt sails long. Berd goes on to hold. now This has got to be too much for Monf to digest.

BalaryKar

Futures Player
Reactions

Enjoying Berds return :)

Johnsteinbeck

Major Winner
Reactions

BalaryKar said:
Enjoying Berds return :)
noone whacks it quite like him. big part of why he's troubling Fed.

crystalfire

Major Winner
Reactions

monfils wins. great match. hope he can make a run and get his ranking back to where it belongs