Roland Garros Day 6: Friday, May 30 - Order of Play

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
nehmeth said:
JIsner through... next match will be a little "boom-boom" with Berdy.

Big John wont beat Berdy.. Berdy is destined to meet up with Fed , correct

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Yeah think if they both win their 4 round matches they meet in the quarters.

Murat Baslamisli

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
www.drummershangout.ca
Ranking wise this might look normal, but it is actually a big win for Milos for many reasons...opponent style, surface, etc.
Well done big guy.

Edit; Handling the crowd was a big thing for him too. He has always been poised but when people erupt in celebration after you miss a serve, it gets to some folks.

Riotbeard

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Channeling my French fan: BOOOOOOOOO! BOOOOO! Vamos winner of granolliers and Klizan. Really have no desire to watch another Raonic/ Novak match even though I am pretty confident novak will ultimately prevail.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
1972Murat said:
Ranking wise this might look normal, but it is actually a big win for Milos for many reasons...opponent style, surface, etc.
Well done big guy.

I'm glad for Milos, too. He's much improved.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Riotbeard said:
Channeling my French fan: BOOOOOOOOO! BOOOOO! Vamos winner of granolliers and Klizan. Really have no desire to watch another Raonic/ Novak match even though I am pretty confident novak will ultimately prevail.

I don't think Raonic would cause much trouble to Nole in a best of 5 QF at RG. But the kid is maturing, winning a 5th set on clay vs. Simon is a big win as Murat mentioned.

Riotbeard

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
DarthFed said:
Riotbeard said:

I don't think Raonic would cause much trouble to Nole in a best of 5 QF at RG. But the kid is maturing, winning a 5th set on clay vs. Simon is a big win as Murat mentioned.

I just don't wanna watch it from a viewer perspective, haha.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Riotbeard said:
DarthFed said:
Riotbeard said:

The Rome semi was pretty entertaining between them. It's not like he's Karlovic, or even Isner. He moves around more than that. He'll give Novak a little trouble, but he won't beat him. Probably get a set, though.

Riotbeard

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Moxie629 said:
Riotbeard said:
DarthFed said:
Riotbeard said:

The Rome semi was pretty entertaining between them. It's not like he's Karlovic, or even Isner. He moves around more than that. He'll give Novak a little trouble, but he won't beat him. Probably get a set, though.

As a novak fan it was exhausting. Not much rhythm to the match.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
DarthFed said:
I don't think he'd get a set this time even.

Guy like Raonic is always a threat to snag one in a TB, that's why I say it.

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Riotbeard said:
Moxie629 said:

As a novak fan it was exhausting. Not much rhythm to the match.

Novak has to get through Jo first. Hopefully he closes down both guys without the hiccups he had today.

Murat Baslamisli

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
www.drummershangout.ca
Congrats to Roger also for the 12th. round of 16, passing Vilas in that regard. It is obviously just a stat but still impressive having that kind of longevity.

In another weird stat, Verdasco becomes just the 6th man in Open Era to come back from two sets down at all 4 slams (Federer, Becker, Krickstein, Noah, Nalbandian)

R

Rose

I don't have too many players on the men's side that I would like to see win so I guess I'll stick mostly with the women.