Roland Garros - Day 6, Friday May 29 - Order of Play

mrzz

Hater
Reactions
Ok, for me Federer x Monfils is always completely in Federer's raquect. Contrary to the majority here, I do not see much in Monfils, appart from his obivous physical capacities and a trick shot here and there. All times that Federer lost to him, he played simply like crap. He would have been beaten by virtually any top 50, even 100, on those days. He even played like crap at the USO and managed to win.

I am not too impressed with Federer's level untill now, but if he plays like he played in Rome, for example, he should win well. A full flight Federer, which is a rare sight these days, would straight set Monfils under two hours.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Fed vs. Monfils H2H:

Overall: 8-4
On Clay: 4-2
At RG: 3-0.

Of course, the two wins by Monfils on Clay are the most recent. However, it is not the case
that the 4 wins by Fed were when he was in peak powers. They all came on or after 2008.

I would give Fed a 60% chance. Primarily because

a. Fed knows that his opponent is dangerous and so will be extra careful and focused and
b. Monfils often forgets that the primary purpose here is to win it.

bajana

Pro Tour Player
Reactions
GameSetAndMath said:
Can some one post links to free live streams that can be used to watch matches once the coverage switches ESPN to Tennis Channel. I don't have tennis channel and am basically listening to the radio commentary from RG website and watching the scores tick by. There should be some links out there in this day and age. Thanks for your help.

http://www.stream2watch.com/sports/tennis - This one I've found to be generally better quality than most of the others

http://www.realstreamunited.com/tennis-live-streaming-video.html

http://www.fromhot.com/

JesuslookslikeBorg

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
^^lol, didn't take too long for all those blocked "free" streams to pop up once more.

I mean tv sausage slices the deals for this tourney and that tourney..then wonder why folk don't pay out for everything and hop onto pirate streams instead.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I'm surprised folks aren't giving Federer better than a 60% chance v. Monfils. He's never lost to him at RG, and he's got 5 sets to get the job done. And Monfils nearly lost to Cuevas. Even discounting the crowd, which generally also likes Roger, I'd give Roger at least an 80% chance of winning that match. Gael winning would be a huge upset. I think folks are just jittery because Roger has such a nice draw.

isabelle

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Moxie629 said:
I'm surprised folks aren't giving Federer better than a 60% chance v. Monfils. He's never lost to him at RG, and he's got 5 sets to get the job done. And Monfils nearly lost to Cuevas. Even discounting the crowd, which generally also likes Roger, I'd give Roger at least an 80% chance of winning that match. Gael winning would be a huge upset. I think folks are just jittery because Roger has such a nice draw.

Agree with you, La Monf lost a lot of energy after his 2 marathons and he could be washed or injured (his knee, his ankle ??). Of course he beat Le Vavrinec on clay this year but this time it's in RG so I guess it's the end of the tourney for La Monf

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
ESPN3 hasn't shown Gael's last two matches or had the matches available for replay, why ?