This is as bad as Gaels collapse at RG against Murray last year! :D

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
federberg said:

This is why I normally skip early round matches; esp. in majors! All too often this sort of thing happens and IDK how to remain a fan of a player that disintegrates like that so completely! :cover :puzzled :nono :angel:

bajana

Pro Tour Player
Reactions
you expected Cuevas to get points? from where?

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Gael is feeding of this crowd here. This atmosphere is just volcanic when he plays.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Fiero425 said:
federberg said:

This is why I normally skip early round matches; esp. in majors! All too often this sort of thing happens and IDK how to remain a fan of a player that disintegrates like that so completely! :cover :puzzled :nono :angel:

Yes I have to agree. But we often ask the question how can players of similar talent levels have such different results. It's good to see how important mentality is. That's going to be one heck of a 4th round

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Can some one post links to free live streams that can be used to watch matches once the coverage switches ESPN to Tennis Channel. I don't have tennis channel and am basically listening to the radio commentary from RG website and watching the scores tick by. There should be some links out there in this day and age. Thanks for your help.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
GameSetAndMath said:
Can some one post links to free live streams that can be used to watch matches once the coverage switches ESPN to Tennis Channel. I don't have tennis channel and am basically listening to the radio commentary from RG website and watching the scores tick by. There should be some links out there in this day and age. Thanks for your help.

I feel your pain! Way back when, tennis was a weekend sport shown on TV except for those Monday night GP backwoods tournaments shown on PBS 40 years ago! It started to overrun the networks on the weekend with me literally seeing BJK on all 3 networks at the same time; 2 on tape delay and 1 live! I still remember not knowing who won the mixed-doubles of "The Lipton" in '85 until the official Tennis record book came out in Feb.! It was Martina N. and her regular partner Heinz Günthardt btw winning all 3 titles before doing it again at the USO in '87! I'm on a "rambling" roll! :p :angel: :dodgy:

Kirijax

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Pretty quiet day yesterday. Everyone who was supposed to win won. setting up some very very interesting 4th round battles!

R2
R Gasquet (FRA) (20) bt C Berlocq (ARG) 3-6, 6-3, 6-1, 4-6, 6-1
R3
R Federer (SUI) (2) bt D Dzumhur (BIH) 6-4, 6-3, 6-2
T Berdych (CZE) (4) bt B Paire (FRA) 6-1, 6-75, 6-3, 6-4
K Nishikori (JPN) (5) bt B Becker (GER) Walkover
S Wawrinka (SUI) (8) bt S Johnson (USA) 6-4, 6-3, 6-2
G Simon (FRA) (12) bt N Mahut (FRA) 6-2, 6-76, 6-76, 6-3, 6-1
G Monfils (FRA) (13) bt P Cuevas (URU) (21) 4-6, 7-61, 3-6, 6-4, 6-3
J Tsonga (FRA) (14) bt P Andujar (ESP) 7-63, 6-4, 6-3
T Gabashvili (RUS) bt L Rosol (CZE) 6-4, 6-4, 6-4

Puppet Master

Masters Champion
Reactions
GameSetAndMath said:

I am on my tablet so I can't provide you with any links, but type in dracula stream in Google search. It's amazing. The stream itself isn't high quality but you can watch almost anything.

10isfan

Major Winner
Reactions
This is sheer agony. I don't know for whom I will cheer when Fed faces Monfils. I predict the winner will be too exhausted to be a factor in the subsequent round. This was a dream draw except for Monfils not landing in Nadal's half. If only Monfils had a head. He could have made a huge mark on the sport.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Expect Philippe Chatrier to be turned into DC venue on Sunday. Both men's matches will probably be France vs. Swiss affair.

El Dude

The GOAT
Reactions
Wow. I left when Cuevas was up two games in the 4th, all but certain of his victory. And now this. Terrible collapse. Poor guy.

Denis

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Is Pavlik going to post the Monfils match? I gotta see it!

Looking forward to the Sunday match, should be a good one, hope Monfils gets it done and preferably in five sets.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
El Dude said:
Wow. I left when Cuevas was up two games in the 4th, all but certain of his victory. And now this. Terrible collapse. Poor guy.

It's too early for me to feel sympathy. I feel only disgust right now. It was such a bad choke, I almost wondered if he did it intentionally :nono ... almost

Puppet Master

Masters Champion
Reactions
Roger losing to Monfils here is sickening to me. I refuse to watch that match. Can at least one Fed fan say that he has a decent chance? His forehand is a tad better than it was in MC this year, but that's about it.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
^I'm willing to say he has a decent chance Puppet. I'll say it's 55% in favour of Roger. If he makes it a baseline slug fest then he's toast. He needs to use the angles and be as disruptive as possible. Last few times he's played Gael on clay, he's inexplicably allowed a side to side baseline battle. Only Novak, Andy and Rafa (of old) can handle that sort of match with Gael. Hopefully he'll sit down with his team and put together a decent plan.