Roland Garros Day 4: Wednesday, May 28 - Order of Play

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
nehmeth said:
Moxie629 said:
Luxilon Borg said:
Moxie629 said:
I won't bother going back and quoting, but I don`t think Simon will make it another round. Raonic seems pretty confident and on-form, and Simon is nursing an injury. As to Berdy v. RBA…Berdych isn't a shoe-in. I hope RBA pulls off the upset.

I give Simon a significant chance of making things very difficult for Milos. He will keep him out there in long neutral rallies forcing Milos to pull the trigger. He had a very easy 2nd round match and will be fit.

In the end Raonic is the favorite, but if he is impatient, it won't be easy. Of course if he is blasting serves in at a high percentage and really feeling the forehand, then it may be one sided.

All good points, but I am seeing a more mature Raonic of late. He seems unlikely to blow it, if you ask me, and I'm no fan. Of the younger guys, I find him one of the sturdier and more committed. I thought he played an impressive match against Djokovic in Rome, and he didn't even serve particularly well in that match. Simon relies on the pace of others. Raonic would really have to blow it strategically to let Gilles get him.

Gilles played a very solid match previously. If he can weather Raonic's serving, make the big guy hit the extra shots in each point - I can see him winning this one.

Or, it could go like that. I never know what Gilles will bring.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Moxie629 said:
nehmeth said:
Moxie629 said:
Luxilon Borg said:
Moxie629 said:
I won't bother going back and quoting, but I don`t think Simon will make it another round. Raonic seems pretty confident and on-form, and Simon is nursing an injury. As to Berdy v. RBA…Berdych isn't a shoe-in. I hope RBA pulls off the upset.

I give Simon a significant chance of making things very difficult for Milos. He will keep him out there in long neutral rallies forcing Milos to pull the trigger. He had a very easy 2nd round match and will be fit.

In the end Raonic is the favorite, but if he is impatient, it won't be easy. Of course if he is blasting serves in at a high percentage and really feeling the forehand, then it may be one sided.

All good points, but I am seeing a more mature Raonic of late. He seems unlikely to blow it, if you ask me, and I'm no fan. Of the younger guys, I find him one of the sturdier and more committed. I thought he played an impressive match against Djokovic in Rome, and he didn't even serve particularly well in that match. Simon relies on the pace of others. Raonic would really have to blow it strategically to let Gilles get him.

Gilles played a very solid match previously. If he can weather Raonic's serving, make the big guy hit the extra shots in each point - I can see him winning this one.

Or, it could go like that. I never know what Gilles will bring.

Moxie.. u r correct..It will not be so easy for Raonic to hit thru Simon on clay.. Gilles is the ultimate backboard pusher.