Roland Garros Day 4: Wednesday, May 28 - Order of Play

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Not such an exciting day tomorrow. I'm so much picturing any upsets, though I wonder how some players might show up. Raonic v. Vesely is a battle of the young guns…23 v. 20. And Vesely is taller even than Milos. I'll be interested to see what kind of fight the young Czech can put up. Janowicz gets the veteran Nieminen…can he string together 2 wins? Djokovic gets Chardy, who he has really owned in their H2H…let's see if my theory that So. American results matter, and the Frenchman snags a set. If he gets skunked again, I suppose I'll be eating my shoe. :snigger

Luxilon Borg

Major Winner
Reactions
Moxie629 said:
Not such an exciting day tomorrow. I'm so much picturing any upsets, though I wonder how some players might show up. Raonic v. Vesely is a battle of the young guns…23 v. 20. And Vesely is taller even than Milos. I'll be interested to see what kind of fight the young Czech can put up. Janowicz gets the veteran Nieminen…can he string together 2 wins? Djokovic gets Chardy, who he has really owned in their H2H…let's see if my theory that So. American results matter, and the Frenchman snags a set. If he gets skunked again, I suppose I'll be eating my shoe. :snigger

Seems rather a tame schedule on the surface but some intriguing match ups none the less. Tsonga/Melzer is one, and Agut/Paire is another. I think Agut can be a tricky opponent if he wins a few rounds.

It is also rare to have a bunch of players that are total unknowns playing...Nedovyesov, Shwartzman, etc...always interesting.

isabelle

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
No rain for the moment but the sky is grey and it's not very hot

JesuslookslikeBorg

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
^^ I agree it is not very hot. getting the same cool cloudy/rainy dross here as paris is from that late spring north sea oscillating low pressure system, its determined to revolve on its bloody axis for the rest of yet-to-be-recorded time.

I bet the same weather system will be hovering around for so long it will be getting on the melonz of buck rogers in the 25th century.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Steps is running all over the mad Doctor. 6-0 6-3

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
RBA dismisses Paire in straights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Riotbeard

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Novak's up 2 sets to love after an hour on court.

Riotbeard

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Novak breaks in the first game of the third. This should be routine from here.

golds girl

Major Winner
Reactions
Nole wants to get off court quickly.
Um, how tall is Schwartzzman? 5'5, 5'6?. I remember when guys like Chang had a chance with that height. Nowadays you may as well try soccer, cause everyone's over 6' in tennis. :(