Roland Garros - Day 2, Monday May 25 - Order of Play

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
GameSetAndMath said:
Moxie629 said:
GameSetAndMath said:
Again, you are misreading my post as usual. Just so people don't mistake me "alerting
folks of the possibility of an upset", I even put than before in parentheses. I certainly
thnk Jurgen Melzer (not withstanding his rankings) is a tougher opponent than Adrian, especially on clay.

Your qualification is duly noted. Your salivating for an upset, however, remains palpable, even if you're not willing to predict it via Melzer. I'm not misreading you. You've said as much yourself. I expect we'll hear from you every round that Nadal gets past, gaming the odds of his opponent for the upset. Why deny it?

You only hear what you want to hear. In fact, I even explicitly posted in RG draw thread that I do not expect Rafa to go out before reaching the quarterfinals.

I only read what you write. See here post #127 that the thing you're most excited about is watching Nadal's matches. And the implication is NOT that you've become a new fan, but that you don't want to miss a chance to see him go out early. Oh, come on. You've done a comprehensive list of how Rafa falls down in the rankings by your wishes. What is one supposed to take-away from that?

Johnsteinbeck

Major Winner
Reactions
btw: Yesterday, at the tender age of 33, Benjamin Becker - aka "The Man Who Shot Bambi" - won a match at the French Open for the very first time. can you believe that? this guy has a career high ranking of #35 (last year, so quite late as well), has a title and two ATP finals to his name - granted, he's more of a grass/hc guy, and actually only turned pro at the age of 25, after a full collegiate career, but still: not a single win in Roland Garros?

he won two matches at the AO this year, another first for him. given how well he's done at Wimby in the past (usually making it to third round, but never further) - who knows, will he be a dark horse there? also, outgoing greats should think twice about retirement announcements if they happen to draw him at the USO ;)

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
^ Every time I see his name floating around there are 2 things that come to mind:

1. it's Benjamin, not Boris
2. He beat Agassi in his last match and it was at the USO.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Moxie629 said:
GameSetAndMath said:
Moxie629 said:
Your qualification is duly noted. Your salivating for an upset, however, remains palpable, even if you're not willing to predict it via Melzer. I'm not misreading you. You've said as much yourself. I expect we'll hear from you every round that Nadal gets past, gaming the odds of his opponent for the upset. Why deny it?

You only hear what you want to hear. In fact, I even explicitly posted in RG draw thread that I do not expect Rafa to go out before reaching the quarterfinals.

I only read what you write. See here post #127 that the thing you're most excited about is watching Nadal's matches. And the implication is NOT that you've become a new fan, but that you don't want to miss a chance to see him go out early. Oh, come on. You've done a comprehensive list of how Rafa falls down in the rankings by your wishes. What is one supposed to take-away from that?

Sure, I would enjoy seeing Rafa going down. That does not mean I expect Jurgen Melzer to defeat Rafa. I don't see what is the contradiction here.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
GameSetAndMath said:
Moxie629 said:
GameSetAndMath said:

Sure, I would enjoy seeing Rafa going down. That does not mean I expect Jurgen Melzer to defeat Rafa. I don't see what is the contradiction here.

It's part of the "game" here; not allowed to even criticize the outfit worn by a fave! lol! :p :ras: :dodgy: - I'm on record as saying Rafa may not make it to QF with the way he's playing! Ya just never know! :rolleyes: :blush:

Johnsteinbeck

Major Winner
Reactions
tented said:
DarthFed said:
2. He beat Agassi in his last match and it was at the USO.

Yep, that's my primary association with him.

hence: the man who shot bambi (c) Andy Roddick - “Shooting the guy who shot Bambi?” Roddick said. “I guess it feels better than shooting Bambi.”