Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
herios said:
Carol35 said:
Coric and Kyrgios advancing

???
Kyrgios yes, but Borna just swallowed a tasty crispy crème doughnut

Yep, it's incredible how much the score can change set by set, one player wins easy and loses later
Anyway I doubt Borna is going to lose this match

pavlik89

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZBImDk-wVU[/video]

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
pavlik89 said:
[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZBImDk-wVU[/video]

My goodness pavlik89, you are the faster "videoman" that I've seen :eyepop :woohoos

I.Haychew

Major Winner
Reactions
pavlik89 said:
[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KCstx8Ed3Q[/video]

:cover
I wish Dr.Y could blast his foreHAND as well as he blasts his foreHEAD! He's a tennis pioneer. He's obviously trying to re-define the term "racquet head". And I'm pretty sure that you don't need to be a racquet scientist to figure out that this is not good for your head. Cheesy enough for you?

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
This young kid Kyle Edmund can play, watching him now.

And kudos to Coric for taking out Querry. He's done ok on clay in the past

Denis

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
federberg said:
This young kid Kyle Edmund can play, watching him now.

And kudos to Coric for taking out Querry. He's done ok on clay in the past

Yeah, fun match. I like the kid's composure too, and he has a decent forehand.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
^Yes agreed. Can't be easy taking on a home favourite on an outside court

Denis

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
oh oh cramps. And spraying the forehand. Onlly two more points to go though.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Well done Kyle! Looked like he was about to cramp up

Denis

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
federberg said:
^Yes agreed. Can't be easy taking on a home favourite on an outside court

Edmund wins. Nicely done. Yes, that especially, but also was really cool about losing serve every second game and the up and down nature of the scoreline.

Kirijax

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
So Day 2 is finished and so far only 4 seeds on the men's side have been knocked out, and no top ten guys. Not over yet but last year we saw No. 3 Wawrinka, No. 9 Bishikori, No. 11 Dimitrov and No. 16 Haas all go out in the first round. Maybe we'll see some surprises today. Haven't seen any highlights yet but a good solid straight-sets win by Murray. Nice to see the "Next Big Three" of Coric, Krygios and Kokk make it to the next round. Four Americans still let in the tournament I think (Isner, Sock, Smee and Johnson).

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Normally when a seed falls, the draw will become easier for the other seeded players in that
section. Ironically, Rafa's draw got tougher (than before) with the seed Adrian Mannarino
(whom he was projected to meet in R3) falling. Now, Rafa has to face Jurgen Melzer (who
took out Novak many moons ago at RG).

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
GameSetAndMath said:
Normally when a seed falls, the draw will become easier for the other seeded players in that
section. Ironically, Rafa's draw got tougher (than before) with the seed Adrian Mannarino
(whom he was projected to meet in R3) falling. Now, Rafa has to face Jurgen Melzer (who

I doubt that Melzer, at 34, is a greater threat than Mannarino, 26 and a lefty, would have been. Yes, he beat Novak in 2010, in 5, when Djoker was suffering with the yips on his serve. He also beat Rafa in Shanghai that year, after Nadal had won the USO, amongst his 3 Majors that year. An opportunistic Melzer at 29 is not the same guy at 34, now ranked 110. You're really reaching for the upset, GSM.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Moxie629 said:
GameSetAndMath said:

I doubt that Melzer, at 34, is a greater threat than Mannarino, 26 and a lefty, would have been. Yes, he beat Novak in 2010, in 5, when Djoker was suffering with the yips on his serve. He also beat Rafa in Shanghai that year, after Nadal had won the USO, amongst his 3 Majors that year. An opportunistic Melzer at 29 is not the same guy at 34, now ranked 110. You're really reaching for the upset, GSM.

Again, you are misreading my post as usual. Just so people don't mistake me "alerting
folks of the possibility of an upset", I even put than before in parentheses. I certainly
thnk Jurgen Melzer (not withstanding his rankings) is a tougher opponent than Adrian, especially on clay.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
GameSetAndMath said:
Moxie629 said:
GameSetAndMath said:

Again, you are misreading my post as usual. Just so people don't mistake me "alerting
folks of the possibility of an upset", I even put than before in parentheses. I certainly
thnk Jurgen Melzer (not withstanding his rankings) is a tougher opponent than Adrian, especially on clay.

Your qualification is duly noted. Your salivating for an upset, however, remains palpable, even if you're not willing to predict it via Melzer. I'm not misreading you. You've said as much yourself. I expect we'll hear from you every round that Nadal gets past, gaming the odds of his opponent for the upset. Why deny it?

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Moxie629 said:
GameSetAndMath said:
Moxie629 said:

Your qualification is duly noted. Your salivating for an upset, however, remains palpable, even if you're not willing to predict it via Melzer. I'm not misreading you. You've said as much yourself. I expect we'll hear from you every round that Nadal gets past, gaming the odds of his opponent for the upset. Why deny it?

You only hear what you want to hear. In fact, I even explicitly posted in RG draw thread that I do not expect Rafa to go out before reaching the quarterfinals.