Rogers Cup 2018, Toronto, Canada, ATP Masters

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Somehow holds. Awful stuff from Zverev there.

This is why he did not do well in slams. When he is cornered, he gets pissed and nervous and starts missing. His level dropped significantly since set 1.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Bold effort by Stefanos as clearly he is gassed. Sascha totally broke himself that game but the young Greek hero is keeping as steady as possible.

Can't say I like the pink though. Greeks don't do pink.

latest

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Big win for the hero but an absolutely awful loss. Sascha has a lot to lament. I don't think Stefanos will have enough left to face the hungry tree.

monfed

Major Winner
Reactions
So dull is going to get Kandy in the final.

Michael;Kiwi

Futures Player
Reactions
I can't believe I missed the Tsitsipas-Zverev match. I had it all recorded, but in between the two rounds of tennis they played a documentary. I forgot to add the extra time so I missed out on the tiebreaker and third set.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Do you eat Saganaki? I love Saganaki.

I eat a lot of Greek food. Saganaki and Spanakopita are probably my favorites. The pastries are great too. Especially the sugar cookies I often choked on as a kid

Kourabiethes-9.jpg

Michael;Kiwi

Futures Player
Reactions
Although grit, hard work, etc are admirable qualities, they don’t amaze. Talent does. How many of us would want to watch an adult solve the rubic’s cube even if he had to work months to figure it out? Compare that to the wonder of watching a 5 year old solve the cube. Incidentally, I’m not implying that Nadal is talentless. I’m just explaining why tennis fans are drawn to talented players.
I understand you point, but I was trying to say that having less talent doesn't make your accomplishments any less worthy. I understand why people might not be drawn to it as a fan, but not why they consider it a negative in a players resume.

Michael;Kiwi

Futures Player
Reactions
I eat a lot of Greek food. Saganaki and Spanakopita are probably my favorites. The pastries are great too. Especially the sugar cookies I often choked on as a kid

Kourabiethes-9.jpg
I go to Le Petit Greek as often a s I can. Saganaki is probably my favorite food. I also like Loukaniko, Taramasalata and this Lemon Chicken Zorba dish they have.

Reactions: DarthFed

Horsa

Equine-loving rhyme-artist
Reactions

Kourabiethes-9.jpg
That looks lovely. Have you got the recipe, please?

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
That looks lovely. Have you got the recipe, please?

Tons of powdered sugar, that's all I know! They are called Kourabiethes. Tough enough to pronounce and tougher to eat without choking on tons of sugar

Horsa

Equine-loving rhyme-artist
Reactions
Tons of powdered sugar, that's all I know! They are called Kourabiethes. Tough enough to pronounce and tougher to eat without choking on tons of sugar
Thank you very much for the information. I've found the recipe & posted it in the recipe thread if you want to try to bake them. I'll have a go. Thank you very much. My! I forgot about the recipe thread. I'd started posting soup recipes & had a lot more recipes but didn't get round to type them out.

Last edited:

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
I can't believe I missed the Tsitsipas-Zverev match. I had it all recorded, but in between the two rounds of tennis they played a documentary. I forgot to add the extra time so I missed out on the tiebreaker and third set.

Heaven knows it'll repeat enough until noon tomorrow! Might be on ESPN3 online already! :whistle: :yesyes: :p :rolleyes: :ptennis:

Last edited:

Michael;Kiwi

Futures Player
Reactions
Interesting Fact: Unless Tsitsipas or Khachanov can win the tournament it will be the 16th consecutive season when players born in the 80s have a won a majority of the Grand Slams and a majority of the Masters 1000 titles.

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Interesting Fact: Unless Tsitsipas or Khachanov can win the tournament it will be the 16th consecutive season when players born in the 80s have a won a majority of the Grand Slams and a majority of the Masters 1000 titles.
This is not news the fabulous 80's are still fully in charge.