Random Trivia Questions

El Dude

The GOAT
Reactions
Yup, you got him.

Without looking it up, I'm guessing something like Mikhail Youzhny. But I should probably step aside and let someone have a shot. On the other hand, we could just hit the ball back and forth, rahulpawar ;).

10isfan

Major Winner
Reactions
Feel free to hit back and forth. You two are very knowledgeable. My husband loves tennis trivia. I am collecting these to fire at him over dinner. Thanks for all this content.

rahulpawar

Club Member
Reactions
El Dude said:
Yup, you got him.

Without looking it up, I'm guessing something like Mikhail Youzhny. But I should probably step aside and let someone have a shot. On the other hand, we could just hit the ball back and forth, rahulpawar ;).

Yes its Youzhny :clap

Its fun if more people guess !

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
rahulpawar said:
El Dude said:
Yup, you got him.

Runner up is probably Dimitrov :D

El Dude

The GOAT
Reactions
Who is the highest ranked player (as of 5/12) without an ATP title?

rahulpawar

Club Member
Reactions
Front242 said:
rahulpawar said:
El Dude said:
Yup, you got him.

Runner up is probably Dimitrov :D

Not now but you never know might become one ;)

Verdasco and Almgaro have also lost more than 300 matches I think. Also, the only player to lose more than 400 matches I could find was Santoro.

El Dude

The GOAT
Reactions
It turns out we were wrong, rahul - Feliciano Lopez has more losses than Youzhny.

Here's some random players with 300+ match losses:

374 Lopez
364 Youzhny
348 Nieminen
341 Robredo
329 Melzer
324 Haas
319 Verdasco
318 Ferrer
315 Seppi

And yeah, I think Santoro is the only player with 400+, and he's got 444. You have to be pretty good to play that many matches. Two players that I thought might be in the 400-club are Jonas Bjorkman and Wayne Ferreira, but both fall short.

rahulpawar

Club Member
Reactions
Ohh I should have checked Lopez ! ...I did check others and no one was above 350.

Need to maybe check things thoroughly :)

10isfan

Major Winner
Reactions
My hubby had a blast trying to answer these trivia questions. Any others you care to post?

El Dude

The GOAT
Reactions
No one has answered my last one yet, which is:

Who is the highest ranked player without an ATP title?

I'll add a second:

Who is the highest ranked player without a Grand Slam quarterfinal appearance?

El Dude

The GOAT
Reactions
Nice try, but KA has three ATP 250s to his name. Its someone more obscure, lower ranked.

El Dude

The GOAT
Reactions
You got it, although when I first asked the question last week, it was Steve Johnson at #34. But Lucas Pouille is now #31 and the highest ranked player without a title.

I'll answer the other one: the highest ranked player without a Slam QF appearance is David Goffin.

Now your turn, GS&M.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
El Dude said:
You got it, although when I first asked the question last week, it was Steve Johnson at #34. But Lucas Pouille is now #31 and the highest ranked player without a title.

Looks like for almost all questions that you ask the (correct) answer provided by the members is different from what you had in mind. :laydownlaughing

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Name an ATP player after whom an asteroid is named

Name a WTA player after whom a flower is named

p.s. Needless to say, this is a "closed Google quiz".

El Dude

The GOAT
Reactions
GameSetAndMath said:
El Dude said:

Looks like for almost all questions that you ask the (correct) answer provided by the members is different from what you had in mind. :laydownlaughing

Yeah, although the main problem is that there is a lack of good statistical info. As for the last one, it wasn't my fault people took so long to reply! ;) The answer was Steve Johnson when I asked it.