Nadalites – Rafa Nadal Talk

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
There will be no 'farewell Rafael" ceremony at the French Open this year
Amelie Mauresmo say they had one planed but Nadal said it might not be his last Roland Garros and they cancelled it
This is what I have been trying to tell you @MargaretMcAleer for weeks but you refuse to listen to me my friend. No worries! No conflicts. :)

• Haha
Reactions: Moxie

PhiEaglesfan712

Major Winner
Reactions
The ceremony will still happen. Not during the French Open, but the Olympics (remember, this is also being held at RG). Unless someone has a time machine that rewinds 15 years or so, we all know this is Rafa's last year.

(Or maybe, Rafa shows up randomly at a French Open a decade from now, like Martina Navratilova did at Wimbledon.)

• Haha
Reactions: Fiero425

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
The ceremony will still happen. Not during the French Open, but the Olympics (remember, this is also being held at RG). Unless someone has a time machine that rewinds 15 years or so, we all know this is Rafa's last year.

(Or maybe, Rafa shows up randomly at a French Open a decade from now, like Martina Navratilova did at Wimbledon.)
Interesting perspective thanks

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
The reason why there will not be a farewell to Rafa because he said he wasnt retiring as yet
Anyway from now on I wont be posting anything more on Rafa.my words and comments are getting taken out of context and twisted. and it has become too tiring for me quite frankly.
If you read his pre presser comments Rafa did say 'this could be my last Roland Garros appearance" I suggest you read his press conferences in future or media releases which I have done in the past and posted here, and as I dont make up 'heresay'

Last edited:

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
The reason why there will not be a farewell to Rafa because he said he wasnt retiring as yet
Anyway from now on I wont be posting anything more on Rafa.my words and comments are getting taken out of context and twisted. and it has become too tiring for me quite frankly.
If you read his pre presser comments Rafa did say 'this could be my last Roland Garros appearance" I suggest you read his press conferences in future or media releases which I have done in the past and posted here, and as I dont make up 'heresay'
Muy tranquillo mi Amiga!

Reactions: Moxie

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Oh, stop being so sensitive. You know that AP thinks everyone is against him. Nobody backs him, nobody listens to him, blah blah. Everyone has their way. Sometimes we gotta just roll with it. But we're all Rafa fans in this together. Tomorrow, we need all the energy going in the right direction.

• Love
Reactions: the AntiPusher

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

They will not be holding a special ceremony for Rafa at the Olympics. That's about lots of sports, and not just tennis. Let them hold it next year, or whenever, at RG, during the tennis. I like that he told Amelie not to throw dirt on his grave before he was ready. There is no law that says you have to be an active player to be honored for your achievements. I like Rafa's take, that he'll go out with his boots on, and let them eulogize him after.

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
It's alway been thrilling when they read it out:

Shivashish Sarkar

Major Winner
Reactions
Well. I have said it before on FB and social media. He is over. The brash Rafa fans won't acknowledge it. Also the man doesn't have anything left to prove to anybody. Expecting him to come back in a big way or win big tournaments at the moment is unreasonable and puts an enormous pressure on him. Let him retire with the head held high.

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I thought Rafa played pretty good. He just didn't win some of the important moments in the matche but he had his chances. His level was great at many times during the match, but Zverev is probably the most in-form player at the moment and I wouldn't be surprised if he goes on to win the whole tournament. It was a really bad draw to play someone like Zverev right from the get-go who's currently on a great run from Rome, while Rafa has barely played matches. Otherwise he could have gone deep in the tournament.

I think Rafa will now skip Wimbledon and keep practicing on clay for the Olympics.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
I thought Rafa played pretty good. He just didn't win some of the important moments in the matche but he had his chances. His level was great at many times during the match, but Zverev is probably the most in-form player at the moment and I wouldn't be surprised if he goes on to win the whole tournament. It was a really bad draw to play someone like Zverev right from the get-go who's currently on a great run from Rome, while Rafa has barely played matches. Otherwise he could have gone deep in the tournament.

I think Rafa will now skip Wimbledon and keep practicing on clay for the Olympics.
Good post. Sometimes a person has to have good fortune to gain victories but also have to experience bad fortune in defeat. Yes , the better player on Monday was Sascha Zverev which most Rafa fans accepted he would be.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions

Margaret is correct.
Rules are in place for a reason but to not make an exception for the all time tournament title champion was a bit derelict. I don't understand why she felt she had to be aligned with the other GS tournaments because Wimbledon govern themselves with their own club rules. E.g
Roger was always given the privilege of his previous grass court results instead of his current position. Maybe next year she can right her error. IMO.. Again Rafa wasn't going to win the tournament.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
First time ever Rafa has lost two matches in a row on clay. If that's true, it IS an amazing run.

PhiEaglesfan712

Major Winner
Reactions
Well. I have said it before on FB and social media. He is over. The brash Rafa fans won't acknowledge it. Also the man doesn't have anything left to prove to anybody. Expecting him to come back in a big way or win big tournaments at the moment is unreasonable and puts an enormous pressure on him. Let him retire with the head held high.
If you want my honest opinion, I didn't think Rafa was capable to win a slam at this stage of his career. I don't think he is built to go Bo5 anymore. However, I think he can still win one of the clay warm-ups in July (I think he will enter into Hamburg) and/or the Olympics.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
BTW Rafa will not be playing Wimbledon he said it was too hard on his body to make the adjustment from grass coming back to clay
There is no news at this point in time he will play a smaller clay tournament before the Olympics?
Rafa left for home, Mallorca, today.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Rafa's next tournament is a golf charity tournament in Mallorca on June 12-14, alongside Pep Guardiola, Henrik Larsson, Gabriel Batistuta, John Arne Riise and more.