Nadalites – Rafa Nadal Talk

tented

Administrator
Reactions
And I'd argue he's the best at it. Breathtaking! He definitely has not lost his touch at the net. He's made some great net shots so far.
It makes me think of Roddick’s SP in the 09 Wimbledon final whenever I see it.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Just finished watching Rafa v Thompson, ( I recorded the match)

The mistakes Rafa made on the first 2 MPs were definitely pretty rare for him. Full credit to Thompson for those clutch volleys and his fight in the 2nd set TB.
Hopefully the pain he felt, which is in a similar area to last year, is just soreness,. in the muscle, it was a long match, I will post any further updates when I read them

Last edited:
Reactions: the AntiPusher

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Watched the highlights and felt that it was a very high quality match. Too bad about the missed match points but maybe it"s a good thing to not have overplayed before the AO. I do feel that the 3 matches in Brisbane have made Rafa gain some match toughness and that he reached a pretty good level of play. All in all I am impressed so far.

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
And most importantly, watching the highlights of Rafa's matches and his incredible shotmaking and how crowds were on their feet cheering in awe so many times is a huge welcomed blessing after the boring pushing style of Djokovic that has cast a dark shadow upon our beautiful sport. Thank you Rafa. :rose:

• Haha
Reactions: shawnbm

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
From Rafa's press conference, Friday 5th January,
"It's very similar place what happened last year, but different stuff no? I feel more muscle.Last year it was tendon.I feel the muscle tired.I mean, for sure it's not the same like last year at all because when it happened last year, I felt something drastic immediately.Today I didnt feel anything.The only problem is because the place is the same, you are a little more scared than usual.In ideal world, it's just the muscle supercharged after a few days of effort and a very tough match.That will be the ideal thing, something that we know can happen today.That is why I'm talking all the time my goal is to try to be competitive in a few months".

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Watched the highlights and felt that it was a very high quality match. Too bad about the missed match points but maybe it"s a good thing to not have overplayed before the AO. I do feel that the 3 matches in Brisbane have made Rafa gain some match toughness and that he reached a pretty good level of play. All in all I am impressed so far.
Good points...Why over play? What was he gonna do get a trip to the qtrs, semis or finals? Was that the GOAL? What would that prove? Absolutely Nothing..Let Rafa and his team review the videos and he can tweak the 2nd Best most lethal weapon...the CC BH laser that Chris Fowler loves to glush over. .It's the One shot that is something that Novak's has ZERO defenses or answers for because it pulls him off the court which means it will be able to render everyone vulnerable. Just my two cents worth.

If Rafa would have just pulled the CC BH laser a second time that would have won the point..

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Fiero425

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Rafa Nadal has withdrawn from the AO, after having a MRI in Melbourne he sustained a micro tear in his muscle, ( in the other side of his body) he will return to Spain to see his doctor and rest.
I have to ask this question as a long time Rafa fan who has watched him play since he started playing on the tour, is this worth it Rafa?
Your body is telling you it is time to hang up your racket. You have "nothing left to prove in our game' you now have a gorgeous little boy go and enjoy your young family, I will miss what your have brought to the game and to me you are the greatest competitor the game has seen, to me it is time.

Last edited:

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Rafa Nadal has withdrawn from the AO, after having a MRI in Melbourne he sustained a micro tear in his muscle, he will return to Spain to see his doctor and rest.
I have to ask this question as a long time Rafa fan who has watched him play since he started playing on the tour, is this worth it Rafa?
Your body is telling you it is time to hang up your racket. You have "nothing left to prove in our game' you now have a gorgeous little boy go and enjoy your young family, I will miss what your have brought to the game and to me you are the greatest competitor the game has seen, to me it is time.
The tear is in the opposite side of the body but yes its TIME.

tented

Administrator
Reactions
Rafael Nadal pulls out from 2024 Australian Open with “micro tear” on a muscle

IMG_5277.gif

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions

It's appears that the earliest he would be back would be mid March if his injury is similar to what's in the video

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions

It's appears that the earliest he would be back would be mid March if his injury is similar to what's in the video

I hope he dosent return, and someone in his team or his wife can talk some sense, to him, his body at age 37,he will be 38 in June this year, he cant sustain any more injuries. I understand as a athlete is is hard to retire from a sport, that you have played and have been great at, as I said before he has nothing left to prove. Some people have said he should have returned in the clay season? easier on your body, though who is to say he would not have picked up a injury.

Last edited: