Mutua Madrid Open, Madrid, Spain, 2024 - WTA 1000

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Madison had a BP on Iga's serve, her return long, you have to watch your shots on return especially with the high altitude, on another clay surface Madison's return of serve would have won her the point
Madison just hit a ball that really was a legitimate winner to IGA a bh deep in the court. With her back turned IGA just stuck her racket out and the ball floated back towards the net. Lazy AZZ Maddie stayed back to hit a swing volley instead of using tennis shot 101 run around her back hand to put it way with a fh smash.. just terrible tennis IQ by the American. We were not taught to play like that in Chicagoland.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Clinical display of tennis from Iga d Madison 61 63 and is the first woman into the final
Iga serve 72% 7W UFE 8 first serve 72% BP 4/5
Madison 18 W UFE 28, 62% first serve BP 0/3

Reactions: the AntiPusher

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Justine Henin footwork on clay, was wonderful, I was lucky to watch her live at RG
Graff footwork on clay was great as well, again watched her live at RG
Chris Evert wasnt too bad either lol!
Don't forget my Swiss Miss Hingis , beautiful feet and footwork

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Watch Rafa on clay his footwork is Supreme, it is non stop with steps,
That's who Madison needs as a coach, Toni Nadal..he wouldn't touch her serve but everything else needs improvement before she gets too old ..any thoughts on this

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
That's who Madison needs as a coach, Toni Nadal..he wouldn't touch her serve but everything else needs improvement before she gets too old ..any thoughts on this
Actually I was talking to our pro coach at our tennis club a few months ago, regarding poor techniques on players, he told me if you dont correct poor techniques of a tennis player at a young age, it is hard as they get older to correct, I take his point,

Reactions: the AntiPusher

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Even though I was not a fan Hingis did have great footwork
MM, Hingis could pair herself with you and y'all would probably be undefeated at the advanced club level in Australia. The Only weakness she had was she not able to play "big babe" tennis for a sustainable period of time..

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
MM, Hingis could pair herself with you and y'all would probably be undefeated at the advanced club level in Australia. The Only weakness she had was she not able to play "big babe" tennis for a sustainable period of time..
Didnt she also have trouble with her ankles in her career

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Rybakina may be the one player on the tour besides Ostapenko that Saba Can't boss around the court for the entirety of a match .

Reactions: AnonymousFan

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Also this court suits Rybakina, both she and Saba play first strike tennis
Elena was one of my choices to win at Madrid, still this SF is not over

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Ostapenko can be quite erratic, Rybakina to me is far more solid doesnt commit the UFE like Ostapenko can
No no I'm not comparing Rybakina to Ostapenko..my point is both players doesn't allow Saba to boss them around the court like she does everyone else .To really dissect Rybakina's game she is the exact opposite of Madison Keys.. BETTER BH, FH and serve all due to excellent footwork..IMO

Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Okay Saba took a much wanted toilet break
Rybakina too good in the 1st set 61, her controlled aggression is giving Saba headaches lol!

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Saba is an error machine tonight. Not fun to watch.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Man, I just got back and see this is almost over. What happened? It looks like Elena must be in a good mood tonight to bitch slap Saba this way

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
That break Elena got early in the 2nd set, could prove to be the winner for this match, cause Saba has upped her level with good 1st serve and she just served a game to love