General News Snippets from the Tour

Mastoor

Major Winner
Reactions
It is good for Kyrgios. At least someone will be in opportunity to tell him where he's wrong. I don't think he's aware of his mistakes at all.

Reactions: Tennis Fan

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Novak in Marbella doing some preparation for Paris and London, jzzz he looks anorexic, hope he eats the good food of Spain :yes:

Reactions: Mastoor

isabelle

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
a piece of turron and some paella could help him a lot !!

Reactions: Carol

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Jamie Murray gets an OBE in the British Honours.

CvndVmtWYAAZQx5.jpg

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
What exactly is OBE? Semi-knighted?

Lol.

Officer of the Order of the British Empire. Yeah, kind of a half knight in a way!

You have:

Knighthood (or Dame for women)
CBE (Commander of the Order of the British Empire)
OBE (Officer of the Order of the British Empire)
MBE (Member of the Order of the British Empire)

There are a ton of other honours but these would be the main four and in order of status.

Mastoor

Major Winner
Reactions
Lol.

Officer of the Order of the British Empire. Yeah, kind of a half knight in a way!

You have:

Knighthood (or Dame for women)
CBE (Commander of the Order of the British Empire)
OBE (Officer of the Order of the British Empire)
MBE (Member of the Order of the British Empire)

There are a ton of other honours but these would be the main four and in order of status.

So this thing that brothers Murray have, OBE is 2 levels under being called Sir?

To my liking, top tennis players deserve more praises than 127 children with 29 wives of Sir Jagger's, but then, I'm not Queen, so what do I know?

Mastoor

Major Winner
Reactions
I am happy to hear Tsonga's news. Here are some news from Serbia and Britain:

British foreign minister, Boris Johnson came to Serbia couple of days ago and noticed: "The best tennis players in the world are a Serb and a British." and then he added "Not necessarily in that order." What he didn't say is that he came to Belgrade to beg for mercy for Wales in the match tomorrow.

While Serbia is playing in Wales, Scotland will play in England and they expected Murray to give motivational speech before the match, but being English as he is, he refused. Why do they need Murray to tell them several hundred f-words? They could have asked Billy Connolly or Gordon Ramsey just as well.

Troicki is eventually getting married. The wedding gown was designed by Biljana Tipsarevic, Janko's wife.

Reactions: britbox

Billie

Nole fan
Reactions
Did you see the photos of the dress, @Mastoor I didn't have time to browse all the news this past week. Isn't Janko his best man?

Tennis Fan

Major Winner
Reactions
Have you heard what happened to Troicki and Tomic while they practiced in Washington? A police officer came yelling at them chasing them off the practice court. They didn't understand why he's yelling at them so they refused to leave the court for some time. Luckily it wasn't black players instead so no one killed at the tennis court.

LOL!

Last edited:

Tennis Fan

Major Winner
Reactions
Nice picture of the new Lever Cup

6a00d83451bf7069e201bb092ee9ac970d-pi

One day we'll see pictures with Fed, Rafa, Novak and Andy, and they'll be the older statesmen. That's going to be weird, having seen these guys grow up.

Reactions: Billie

Tennis Fan

Major Winner
Reactions
Paire beat Lajovic in 5 sets and went to press conference with a bottle of beer. I wanted to share because I've never heard of anything like that, but I like the idea.

Paire seems to be a very colorful character indeed. He looks establishment, but it ends there.

Tennis Fan

Major Winner
Reactions
You probably wondered what was going on with No1e in last 3 months or so. Besides other things, he was filming reality show. You guess right the show is called Novak and it will be available on Amazon Prime to watch in Japan, UK and USA

How interesting. You find the best stuff.

Tennis Fan

Major Winner
Reactions
It depends how old you imagine them to be @Tennis Fan . Some of us might not live to see that. :lol6:

LOLOLOLOL! You're right. It's funny how you sometimes forget that you'll be aging along with the others? I'll probably be too senile at that point to even remember who they are.

Reactions: Billie

Mastoor

Major Winner
Reactions
Did you know that 3 out of 8 players in the ATP finals have their origin in the region of Herzegovina? Djokoivc and Raonic are Serbs whose families are from Western part of Montenegro which is traditionally called Old Herzegovina, while Cilic is from Medjugorje which is in Western Herzegovina, Roman Catholics probably remember his birthplace from when it was a place of pilgrimage ever since some children "saw" Virgin Mary there back in the 80s. Here you have that region on the map with nearby Dubrovnik that is known to you:.

https://www.google.co.nz/maps/dir/N...50dd6284739d!2m2!1d17.6629672!2d43.200913!3e0

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
kskate2 Pro Tennis (Mens) 1335
kskate2 Pro Tennis (Mens) 2587
kskate2 Pro Tennis (Mens) 3390
kskate2 Pro Tennis (Mens) 2183
tented Pro Tennis (Mens) 1068