Farewell & R.I.P.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
I really liked Shannon. She was a great actress despite what her colleagues said about her. Remember her from Heathers? Classic 80's dark comedy!
That poor woman as so many others have suffered with that dreadful disease. So many BRAVE she was.. Its something I dont recall her ever playing the heroine characters .. I think alot of people were pulling for her because she shared her journey with US. May she REST in PEACE in HEAVEN

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
That poor woman as so many others have suffered with that dreadful disease. So many BRAVE she was.. Its something I dont recall her ever playing the heroine characters .. I think alot of people were pulling for her because she shared her journey with US. May she REST in PEACE in HEAVEN
She did play a heroine type in Charmed. A lot of the drama surrounding her is because of Aaron and Tori Spelling. It's rumored early on during 90210 she was hard to get along with. Demanding and a pre-madonna. Aaron really liked her talent and ability and decided to give her another chance on his new show Charmed that debuted in the late 90's. She was on for 3 seasons when they killed her character off, again citing issues the other 2 co-stars either couldn't or wouldn't work w/ her. At that point, Aaron kind of washed his hands of Shannon. They never brought her back for any other episodes and Charmed would stay on for a total of 8 seasons. Surprising because the whole premise behind the show was good witches fighting evil. They spent a lot of time talking to other "dead" family members about how to fight this evil, but never to her.

• Sad
Reactions: the AntiPusher

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
She did play a heroine type in Charmed. A lot of the drama surrounding her is because of Aaron and Tori Spelling. It's rumored early on during 90210 she was hard to get along with. Demanding and a pre-madonna. Aaron really liked her talent and ability and decided to give her another chance on his new show Charmed that debuted in the late 90's. She was on for 3 seasons when they killed her character off, again citing issues the other 2 co-stars either couldn't or wouldn't work w/ her. At that point, Aaron kind of washed his hands of Shannon. They never brought her back for any other episodes and Charmed would stay on for a total of 8 seasons. Surprising because the whole premise behind the show was good witches fighting evil. They spent a lot of time talking to other "dead" family members about how to fight this evil, but never to her.
That' what I remember.

Horsa

Equine-loving rhyme-artist
Reactions
One for the Brits (of a certain vintage). RIp Ray Reardon.

He was a good snooker player. I remember watching him play when going to Grandma's for dinner when I was in High School. May he R.I.P.

PhiEaglesfan712

Major Winner
Reactions
World's oldest living person Maria Branyas Morera passes away at age 117 years and 168 days:

The new world's oldest person is Tomiko Itooka, born May 23, 1908. (She turned 79 the day after Novak Djokovic was born.)

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Peter Lundgren, a former Swedish professional player ( highest ranking of No 25) and tennis coach passed away at the age of 59.
His coaching portfolio included, Federer Rios, Safin, Baghdatis, Dimitrov, Wawrinka and Hantuchova.
Lundgren's son has shared this news on his FB.

RIP Peter Ludgren

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: britbox and Moxie

shawnbm

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
^ "NO, I AM YOUR FATHER."

Certainly one of the most iconic lines spoken in film history, and his voice and the manner in which he brought out that character are a very big part of why that is the case. May he rest in peace.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
The most legendary voice of our time. Great actor and really good person. May he REST in Heaven( the Force) in Peace. To Think as a kid James Earl had a stuttering problem. He had a very good teacher that observed James wrote poetry and encouraged him to speak in class. Never under estimate the influence of having a role model or a mentor early in a child's development.

Reactions: kskate2 and shawnbm

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Terrence Mann (played by the late great Mr. Jones)--"People will come, Ray. People will most definitely come."
@shawnbm Its like his voice is from ABOVE.. Remember the voice of NFL films John Facenda, when ever I think about the FALL season and see the leaves outside in the Midwest, I hear this voice and know that a football game is on television Somewhere in the US. James's voice is synonymous with baseball's field of dreams, Star Wars and even CNN! " This is CNN". Good lord, that man had a gift.

Last edited:
Reactions: kskate2 and shawnbm

shawnbm

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
6 He was fabulous in that role too--too many to count!

• Love
Reactions: kskate2